Skip to content

Best Sports Biography/Autobiography You Have Read?

The Browns Board
23 13 1.7k
  • C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
    #3

    another good one.....kinda sports

    51Z36KHL-5L.jpg

  • B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #4

    mikeyP72 said:

    51CHy9l-DjL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

    My favorite hands down.

    The Lance Armstrong one definitely got my attention. But, I am not sincerely interested in reading loads of talk about testicular cancer and such. Does he linger on that subject or no? I think I the Sweetness book "Never Die Easy" sounds good, I read a couple reviews. If only Jim Brown had a book 😉

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Have to love dravecki courage!

    031052881X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Yankee Clipper ............Joe DiMaggio

  • C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #7
    pete%20rose%20book.jpg
  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #8

    A few good ones.........

    The Blind Side (Michael Oher) by Michael Lewis

    Out of Bounds (Jim Brown) by Jim Brown

    Game of Shadows (Barry Bonds) by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams.

    The Call It a Game (Bernie Parish) by Bernie Parish

    Now Pitching Bob Feller by Bob Feller

    When You Come To A Fork In The Road, Take It by Yogi Berra (more entertainment than bio, but a must read)

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #9

    "Cobb", written by Al Stump was excellent.

    My wife....not a sports fan at all, couldn't put the book down once I had read it and told her to start reading a chapter or two....excellent read about a great player and interesting person, though not a nice person.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I read this while I was playing and about the same age as the writer.

    post-2380-1291942512_thumb.jpg

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    War as They Knew It: Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and America in a Time of Unrest

    3354547.jpg

  • B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

    352.jpg

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #13

    It's not about the bike by lance armstrong and comeback by Dave Dravecky are right there as my two favorites. I also loved the biography of Payne Stewart that was written by his wife after he tragically died in 1999.

  • It's not about the bike by lance armstrong and comeback by Dave Dravecky are right there as my two favorites. I also loved the biography of Payne Stewart that was written by his wife after he tragically died in 1999.

    B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mark-o said:

    It's not about the bike by lance armstrong and comeback by Dave Dravecky are right there as my two favorites. I also loved the biography of Payne Stewart that was written by his wife after he tragically died in 1999.

    The Payne Stewart one sounds intriguing.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.

  • Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.

    B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mark-o said:

    Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.

    oh, you're a moderator on here, don't give me that "i'm not smart enough crap." 😉

    here it is

    41ZD7JS2PHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I might be a moderator on here but that doesn't mean I know how to copy the picture into a post. Do you think we have to pass an intelligence test to become a moderator? The qualifications are a lot lower than that.

    But you're right that is the correct book.

  • I might be a moderator on here but that doesn't mean I know how to copy the picture into a post. Do you think we have to pass an intelligence test to become a moderator? The qualifications are a lot lower than that.

    But you're right that is the correct book.

    B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mark-o said:

    I might be a moderator on here but that doesn't mean I know how to copy the picture into a post. Do you think we have to pass an intelligence test to become a moderator? The qualifications are a lot lower than that.

    But you're right that is the correct book.

    haha, nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    josh-hamilton-beyond-belief.jpg

    book-full.jpg

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Birchfield, D. L. Jim Thorpe, World's Greatest Athlete. Parsippany, NJ: Modern Curriculum Press, 1994

    Fascinating study about the life of a amateur/professional athlete in the early 20th century

  • I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

    352.jpg

    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by 1 more season
    #21

    Colt12 said:

    I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

    352.jpg

    You like Ovi? Have you read this one? It comes out in the every spring.

  • I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

    352.jpg

    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Colt12 said:

    I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

    352.jpg

    This was a good one too.

    Sidcup.txt