Best Sports Biography/Autobiography You Have Read?
-
My 1st is Idiot (Johnny Damon)

My 2nd is What Football and Life Have Thrown My Way (Chad Ochocinco)

-
2 of the best books ive ever read period......romo was a freak and walter payton was one of the classiest guys to ever walk the earth


-
another good one.....kinda sports

-
mikeyP72 said:
My favorite hands down.
The Lance Armstrong one definitely got my attention. But, I am not sincerely interested in reading loads of talk about testicular cancer and such. Does he linger on that subject or no? I think I the Sweetness book "Never Die Easy" sounds good, I read a couple reviews. If only Jim Brown had a book

-
-
Yankee Clipper ............Joe DiMaggio
-
-
A few good ones.........
The Blind Side (Michael Oher) by Michael Lewis
Out of Bounds (Jim Brown) by Jim Brown
Game of Shadows (Barry Bonds) by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams.
The Call It a Game (Bernie Parish) by Bernie Parish
Now Pitching Bob Feller by Bob Feller
When You Come To A Fork In The Road, Take It by Yogi Berra (more entertainment than bio, but a must read)
-
"Cobb", written by Al Stump was excellent.
My wife....not a sports fan at all, couldn't put the book down once I had read it and told her to start reading a chapter or two....excellent read about a great player and interesting person, though not a nice person.
-
-
War as They Knew It: Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and America in a Time of Unrest

-
I went to Books-a-Million and absolutely had to get this one.. I have a definite man-crush on Ovie.

-
-
It's not about the bike by lance armstrong and comeback by Dave Dravecky are right there as my two favorites. I also loved the biography of Payne Stewart that was written by his wife after he tragically died in 1999.
-
Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.
-
Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.
Fantastic book for anyone who was a fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and he was a great guy. Since it's been 11 years you can get the book on amazon for like $5 now. I'd post the picture of the cover like some of you have done but I'm not smart enough. The book is simply titled Payne Stewart and it's written by his wife Tracey.
oh, you're a moderator on here, don't give me that "i'm not smart enough crap."

here it is

-
-
I might be a moderator on here but that doesn't mean I know how to copy the picture into a post. Do you think we have to pass an intelligence test to become a moderator? The qualifications are a lot lower than that.
But you're right that is the correct book.
I might be a moderator on here but that doesn't mean I know how to copy the picture into a post. Do you think we have to pass an intelligence test to become a moderator? The qualifications are a lot lower than that.
But you're right that is the correct book.
haha, nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion.

-


-
Birchfield, D. L. Jim Thorpe, World's Greatest Athlete. Parsippany, NJ: Modern Curriculum Press, 1994
Fascinating study about the life of a amateur/professional athlete in the early 20th century
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
