Skip to content

Your Choice To Replace Mangini

The Browns Board
47 20 3.2k
  • HOW COME I'M NOT ON THE LIST!?!

    Chili-BK_medium.jpg

  • where was none of the above????????????????

  • In jon we trust

  • In jon we trust

    @wrrebel said:

    In jon we trust

    this reminds me of four years with the massive

    " In Savage we Trust""

    BUFFOONS

    I called him out from the beginning

    AS SEWAGE

    and got slaugthered

    you keep believing in Gruden...............

    I guarantee he is not an iota better than what we got now

    I sure hope Holmgren understands that

    Otherwise we need a new President of the team

  • Mike Leach

  • Not Mike Leach, please..................NO WAY

  • Not Mike Leach, please..................NO WAY

    @rich4eagle said:

    Not Mike Leach, please..................NO WAY

    really who do you want? 'Lemme Guess. Gruden.

    What has Mike Leach done wrong? He is the winningest coach in Texas Tech history and brought a basketball school to a top 5 rank and a BCS game.

    I don't know where you guys get this false sense of accomplishment for Gruden. He has a less-than-impressive 95-81 record, that it is average.

  • I choose Mike Holmgren only because he has a flawless track record. I hope this topic doesn't get out of hand.

    Poll results from the old forum

    Candidates

    • Mike Holmgren: 5 votes
    • Jon Gruden: 10 votes
    • Bill Cowher: 13 votes
    • Rob Ryan: 9 votes
    • John Fox: 2 votes
    • Jim Harbaugh: 4 votes
    • Urban Myer: 1 vote

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I choose Mike Holmgren only because he has a flawless track record. I hope this topic doesn't get out of hand.

    without a none of the above or other option your poll is a failure

    you haven't even given a current competent list of coaching candidates

  • @rich4eagle said:

    Not Mike Leach, please..................NO WAY

    really who do you want? 'Lemme Guess. Gruden.

    What has Mike Leach done wrong? He is the winningest coach in Texas Tech history and brought a basketball school to a top 5 rank and a BCS game.

    I don't know where you guys get this false sense of accomplishment for Gruden. He has a less-than-impressive 95-81 record, that it is average.

    Colt12 said:

    really who do you want? 'Lemme Guess. Gruden.

    What has Mike Leach done wrong? He is the winningest coach in Texas Tech history and brought a basketball school to a top 5 rank and a BCS game.

    I don't know where you guys get this false sense of accomplishment for Gruden. He has a less-than-impressive 95-81 record, that it is average.

    I started a thread about Gruden which basically said NO WAY for him.

    Obviously, you do not boither to read the recent posts to understand what a persons position is going in

    As for Leach he has no concept of defense and no concept of clock management and no concept of power running and no concept of other than spread shoot em up offense and he proved that with his college teams.

    He would be destroyed in the NFL

  • Colt12 said:

    really who do you want? 'Lemme Guess. Gruden.

    What has Mike Leach done wrong? He is the winningest coach in Texas Tech history and brought a basketball school to a top 5 rank and a BCS game.

    I don't know where you guys get this false sense of accomplishment for Gruden. He has a less-than-impressive 95-81 record, that it is average.

    I started a thread about Gruden which basically said NO WAY for him.

    Obviously, you do not boither to read the recent posts to understand what a persons position is going in

    As for Leach he has no concept of defense and no concept of clock management and no concept of power running and no concept of other than spread shoot em up offense and he proved that with his college teams.

    He would be destroyed in the NFL

    @rich4eagle said:

    I started a thread about Gruden which basically said NO WAY for him.

    As for Leach he has no concept of defense and no concept of clock management and no concept of power running and no concept of other than spread shoot em up offense and he proved that with his college teams.

    He would be destroyed in the NFL

    prove that to me and I will believe you. You do not have the right to say he will not be successful.

  • Prove.

    How bout this, against Oklahoma with a more than two touchdown lead with five minutes left in the game they took about a 1:00 off the clock in three possessions allowing Oklahoma to have a last chance at beating them.

    He is not a complete coach, he is a spread offense coach with no concept of defense, no concept of clock management and relied on the spread offense which like all others will have defenses designed to stop it

    Then what does he do???????????????

    Mike Leach is Not NFL caliber or big time college for that matter

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I choose Mike Holmgren only because he has a flawless track record. I hope this topic doesn't get out of hand.

    without a none of the above or other option your poll is a failure

    you haven't even given a current competent list of coaching candidates

    @richiswhere said:

    without a none of the above or other option your poll is a failure

    you haven't even given a current competent list of coaching candidates

    Having those options would deflate the poll and make the statistics void due to many of you voting other due to your lack of answering a challenging poll. Answer one of those options or go to hell pussy. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

  • @wrrebel said:

    In jon we trust

    this reminds me of four years with the massive

    " In Savage we Trust""

    BUFFOONS

    I called him out from the beginning

    AS SEWAGE

    and got slaugthered

    you keep believing in Gruden...............

    I guarantee he is not an iota better than what we got now

    I sure hope Holmgren understands that

    Otherwise we need a new President of the team

    @rich4eagle said:

    this reminds me of four years with the massive

    " In Savage we Trust""

    BUFFOONS

    I called him out from the beginning

    AS SEWAGE

    and got slaugthered

    you keep believing in Gruden...............

    I guarantee he is not an iota better than what we got now

    I sure hope Holmgren understands that

    Otherwise we need a new President of the team

    No, it's just because you're a dumbass, that's why.

  • OK, you are the man.

    From now on just PM me what to say..........because you are a football genius

  • I am sick of the Gruden love but everyone voting for Cowher makes me puke..

  • I do like Harabaugh a lil bit i believe he would make a great NFL head coach WTF is the love for cowher i would never want him to coach this team most be the stooler trools in here voting

  • Whats with no one saying they want Holmgren? He is right in front of our faces and never loses. So why not?

  • I am sick of the Gruden love but everyone voting for Cowher makes me puke..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    I am sick of the Gruden love but everyone voting for Cowher makes me puke..

    Are you kidding? Do you know how much it would burn Shitsburgs fans' asses if Cowher came here to coach? I have been a lifelong Browns fan and I voted for him.

    Plus, can you imagine this...

    bill-cowher-mouth.jpg

    Coaching this...

    100821-hillis-article.jpg

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    I am sick of the Gruden love but everyone voting for Cowher makes me puke..

    Are you kidding? Do you know how much it would burn Shitsburgs fans' asses if Cowher came here to coach? I have been a lifelong Browns fan and I voted for him.

    Plus, can you imagine this...

    bill-cowher-mouth.jpg

    Coaching this...

    100821-hillis-article.jpg

    @bonedawg said:

    Are you kidding? Do you know how much it would burn Shitsburgs fans' asses if Cowher came here to coach? I have been a lifelong Browns fan and I voted for him.

    Plus, can you imagine this...

    bill-cowher-mouth.jpg

    Coaching this...

    100821-hillis-article.jpg

    You are delusional. I don't like him and he is still a steeler homer. If you don't believe me just watch the CBS NFL show...

    We deserve someone who will bleed brown and orange...

  • @bonedawg said:

    Are you kidding? Do you know how much it would burn Shitsburgs fans' asses if Cowher came here to coach? I have been a lifelong Browns fan and I voted for him.

    Plus, can you imagine this...

    bill-cowher-mouth.jpg

    Coaching this...

    100821-hillis-article.jpg

    You are delusional. I don't like him and he is still a steeler homer. If you don't believe me just watch the CBS NFL show...

    We deserve someone who will bleed brown and orange...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    You are delusional. I don't like him and he is still a steeler homer. If you don't believe me just watch the CBS NFL show...

    We deserve someone who will bleed brown and orange...

    per his wikipedia page

    "Professional career

    He began his NFL career as a player. He was a free-agent linebacker with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1979, and then signed with the Cleveland Browns the following year. Cowher played three seasons (1980–82) in Cleveland, making him a member of the Kardiac Kids, before being traded back to the Eagles, where he played two more years (1983–84). His tenure in Philadelphia included tackling a young Jeff Fisher (who later became the head coach of the Tennessee Titans) when playing against the Chicago Bears, causing Fisher to injure his ankle and prematurely ending his playing career.[1] The two would later be rival head coaches and friends in the AFC Central, and Fisher has credited his injury at the hands of Cowher having the unintended consequence to get into coaching.

    Cowher primarily played special teams during his playing career, and placed emphasis on special teams during his coaching career. Cowher credits being a "bubble player" during his playing career to influence him on his coaching career, feeling that such players work the hardest for a roster spot (and sometimes still get cut, hence the term "bubble player"), and thus make better head coaches than those with successful playing careers.

    Coaching career

    Cowher began his coaching career in 1985 at age 28 under Marty Schottenheimer with the Cleveland Browns. He was the Browns' special teams coach in 1985–86 and secondary coach in 1987–88 before following Schottenheimer to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1989 as defensive coordinator."

    ...I'd say he might have a little orange and brown in his blood.