WRs in the Draft
-
I think the chances of the Browns NOT drafting a WR first are zero. It's a huge, glaring weakness. At least on the DL we have Rubin, Rogers (if we want him), Robaire, Kenyon, and Shaefering. I'm sure we'll bring in a younger DE, but it isn't a mess like our WR situation.
I think the only thing that changes that is if McCoy plays poorly down the stretch in cold weather and the Browns fall in love with a QB. But I really don't expect either to happen.
I think the chances of the Browns NOT drafting a WR first are zero. It's a huge, glaring weakness. At least on the DL we have Rubin, Rogers (if we want him), Robaire, Kenyon, and Shaefering. I'm sure we'll bring in a younger DE, but it isn't a mess like our WR situation.
I think the only thing that changes that is if McCoy plays poorly down the stretch in cold weather and the Browns fall in love with a QB. But I really don't expect either to happen.
I'm not even going to disagree with you about drafting a WR cause we need SOME. But you can't deny our defensive front 7 is aging, slow and about as unathletic as you can get.
D-line
Ahtyba Rubin going to be 25 most likey our best player on defense 4th on the team in tackles from the NT position!
Kenyon Coleman going to be 32 ok DE but nothing special by any means
Robaire Smith going to be 33 I really like Robaire reminds my alot of Orpheus Roye but 2 of his last 3 season he has been on IR
Shaun Rogers going to be 32 the guy can be a real beast when he not way overweight and out of shape and can stay on the field for more than 2 or 3 plays at a time. Rigth now hes probably more of a beast at the dinner table than on the field .
Brian Schaefering going to be 28 so not to old and well not so good either
Linebackers
D'Qwell Jackson will be 28 some say the best of the bunch but injuries have limited him to 6 games over the last 2 years. Makes a ton of tackles similarly to former Browns LB Andra Davis. Where Andra wouldn't start the tackle until the guy was 5 yards passed the line D'Qwell might start at 2 or 3 yards down the field and get dragged for another 2 yards
Eric Barton will be 34 6th on the team in tackles with 55 in 13 games. For an ILB in the 34 defense thats not alot of tackles considering only 4 other teams in the NFL have had more rushing attempts against.
David Bowens will be 34 not much going on here though he probably won us the Saints game.
Scott Fujita will be 32 was real solid but missed 5 games last year and 4 games so far this year and might not play the last 3
Matt Roth will only be 28 3rd on the team in tackles 65 and 4 sacks. Hugh for an OLB at 275 but not very quick and dont want to see him in space. For a former wrestler he doesn't seem to have strong hands
Chris Gocong just turned 27 5th on the team in tackles with 59 thanks in part to a 10 tackle game against the Bills...see Eric Barton
Marcus Benard will be 26 leads the teams with 8 sacks nothing more than a pass rush specialist? Probably was involved with the Browns defense more against the Bills than at any other time durning the year. Sign of thing to come?
-
I think we'll do some work on that front 7. I could see a DE in round 2, which should be a serious guy. I could see a linebacker in 3 and also a free agent. We'll want another right-side blocker but that could be a free agent as well.
-
I would like Jones in the draft. I like his size and he can make big plays.
Later on in the draft, I would take my chances with McNutt. He's a smart player, has great hands,he's big, and though he may not be the fastest player out there, he always seems to be able to finish a play. Plus, there's a lot you can do with his name while cheering for him.
J.J. Watt. I would love to have him on the team. If at all possible.
-
1st, WR then either DE or OLB. Cassy Mathews will last until round 4 or 5 and should do well in the MLB position or at OLB like his older brother Clay.
-
I hate to draft a wr then spend 2 seasons trying to get them NFL "ready" I say we snag a few wr's in free agency. We drafted that goof from Ohio State and he sucks ass. Carlton has not done shit yet. So you think we should draft another wr and have the same bs?
-
Baldwin accused his coach of not calling pass plays to hurt his draft stock so he wouldn't declare....no thank you....we've been down this road.
I don't see a wr in the first 2 rounds....patch the dyke thru fa and build the d thru the draft. Use the late Rounders on offense....
No diva WRs.....period.
-
I hate to draft a wr then spend 2 seasons trying to get them NFL "ready" I say we snag a few wr's in free agency. We drafted that goof from Ohio State and he sucks ass. Carlton has not done shit yet. So you think we should draft another wr and have the same bs?
I hate to draft a wr then spend 2 seasons trying to get them NFL "ready" I say we snag a few wr's in free agency. We drafted that goof from Ohio State and he sucks ass. Carlton has not done shit yet. So you think we should draft another wr and have the same bs?
Are you really comparing Brian Robiskie and Carlton Mitchell to an AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Green and Jones have shown they have all the tools. Robiskie showed he can run "good" routes and has solid hands. Mitchell showed he had height and natural athletic ability. Green and Jones have shown both of those.
It seems to me you dont want to have a Calvin Johnson on our team...
-
I hate to draft a wr then spend 2 seasons trying to get them NFL "ready" I say we snag a few wr's in free agency. We drafted that goof from Ohio State and he sucks ass. Carlton has not done shit yet. So you think we should draft another wr and have the same bs?
Are you really comparing Brian Robiskie and Carlton Mitchell to an AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Green and Jones have shown they have all the tools. Robiskie showed he can run "good" routes and has solid hands. Mitchell showed he had height and natural athletic ability. Green and Jones have shown both of those.
It seems to me you dont want to have a Calvin Johnson on our team...
Are you really comparing Brian Robiskie and Carlton Mitchell to an AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Green and Jones have shown they have all the tools. Robiskie showed he can run "good" routes and has solid hands. Mitchell showed he had height and natural athletic ability. Green and Jones have shown both of those.
It seems to me you dont want to have a Calvin Johnson on our team...
I sure don't want another gaylon dropwards.....
College is easy comparatively.....no guarantees either will be CJ....yet all I see are people annointing these kids all pros.
-
RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS
176 2,604 15
RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS
178 2,927 28
RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS
158 2,542 23
RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS
97 1,330 15
I will give you a hint. The last one is Braylon Edwards. The 1st and 3rd are Julio Jones and AJ Green respectively. The other is Calvin Johnson. The other thing AJ Green Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson have in common is that they played in the SEC.
Both of them had to go against our own Joe Haden, along with Jenoris Jenkins, Patrick Peterson and others that arent in that division or old enough to go pro. IDK if they have played against Prince, Brandon Harris, Ras-I Dowling, or anyone like that but I am sure they have a couple of others they have had to play against.
-
We probably have the worst set of WRs in the NFL, or at least we're in a cluster among the bottom 3 or 4. The chances of us NOT making WR a serious priority this offseason is just absolutely nonsensical. The only way we wait until round 2 is if we've already signed Vincent Jackson or something.
We need a true #1... and maybe another guy, too. Don't get confused just because it's too obvious.
-
We probably have the worst set of WRs in the NFL, or at least we're in a cluster among the bottom 3 or 4. The chances of us NOT making WR a serious priority this offseason is just absolutely nonsensical. The only way we wait until round 2 is if we've already signed Vincent Jackson or something.
We need a true #1... and maybe another guy, too. Don't get confused just because it's too obvious.
We probably have the worst set of WRs in the NFL, or at least we're in a cluster among the bottom 3 or 4. The chances of us NOT making WR a serious priority this offseason is just absolutely nonsensical. The only way we wait until round 2 is if we've already signed Vincent Jackson or something.
We need a true #1... and maybe another guy, too. Don't get confused just because it's too obvious.
Need a guy who's fast and runs great routes. Shipley ran a lame 4.6 40 but his route running is so crisp (another coaches' son) he can create separation really, really well. From what I've seen, Julio Jones isn't the best route runner in the draft; Justin Blackmon is very good. Never saw AJ Green play, but I heard they lost to Colorado when he was out.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login