Furnier Makes it to ESPN
-
So I'm watching ESPN this morning, and they're talking about the bowl season. The host mentions that there are sixteen people in the contest who have not only hit on all five picks so far, but also have 160 points (meaning that they gave each pick the highest five spots in the confidence points). Jesse Palmer laughed and said something like, "How could they pick those games with their top picks?"
I realize that I'm pretty much boned in the contest--stupid Mormons--but I decided to check out the leaderboard to see just how boned I was. And, lucky for all of us in the contest, we're chasing Furnier, who happens to be one of the sixteen. Great going, Doug.
Dennis
-
My man Furns!!!
-
Woot! Luck had NOTHING to do with it....I swear!
I couldn't hold on in the pro pick 'em after leading a big chunk of the year, let's see if I can make this one stick.
I knew I'd eventually make it onto to ESPN, but I thought it'd be chucking Eveready's at a Urine and Blacker.
Doug
-
Congrats Furnier. I think it was the first year we had this contest and HagII finished 200th-something in ESPN and we thought that was cool, out of a million+
Good Luck, and remember "think with your head, not with your pecker"
-
Way to go, Doug. Get 'er done!!
-
So I'm watching ESPN this morning, and they're talking about the bowl season. The host mentions that there are sixteen people in the contest who have not only hit on all five picks so far, but also have 160 points (meaning that they gave each pick the highest five spots in the confidence points). Jesse Palmer laughed and said something like, "How could they pick those games with their top picks?"
I realize that I'm pretty much boned in the contest--stupid Mormons--but I decided to check out the leaderboard to see just how boned I was. And, lucky for all of us in the contest, we're chasing Furnier, who happens to be one of the sixteen. Great going, Doug.
Dennis
So I'm watching ESPN this morning, and they're talking about the bowl season. The host mentions that there are sixteen people in the contest who have not only hit on all five picks so far, but also have 160 points (meaning that they gave each pick the highest five spots in the confidence points). Jesse Palmer laughed and said something like, "How could they pick those games with their top picks?"
I realize that I'm pretty much boned in the contest--stupid Mormons--but I decided to check out the leaderboard to see just how boned I was. And, lucky for all of us in the contest, we're chasing Furnier, who happens to be one of the sixteen. Great going, Doug.
Dennis
Excellent Dougie!!!
PS Maybe Furns should be hired as Browns GM.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login