Skip to content

Apprently a rumor on WKNR about Mangini

The Browns Board
39 20 3.5k
  • Rumor could well be "false," although I doubt it's that black and white (more like a player stating an opinion)... but a team official denying it to MK is as predictable as it is meaningless.

  • Rumor could well be "false," although I doubt it's that black and white (more like a player stating an opinion)... but a team official denying it to MK is as predictable as it is meaningless.

    @shepwrite said:

    Rumor could well be "false," although I doubt it's that black and white (more like a player stating an opinion)... but a team official denying it to MK is as predictable as it is meaningless.

    so it's meaningless to deny a rumor?!

  • Sabrina also had sources that said Lebron was staying, the week he left!

    Rizzo knows nothing about sports. As much as Cleveland fans would hate, and won't agree with it, Aaron Goldhammer knows more than any of the guys on the show.

  • And Rizzo is so wishy washy. One day he will be bashing a player and then that player will come on the show and he will be their best friend. I.E. Seneca Wallace, Abe Elam.

  • And Rizzo is so wishy washy. One day he will be bashing a player and then that player will come on the show and he will be their best friend. I.E. Seneca Wallace, Abe Elam.

    Metcalf_FTW said:

    And Rizzo is so wishy washy. One day he will be bashing a player and then that player will come on the show and he will be their best friend. I.E. Seneca Wallace, Abe Elam.

    to be fair though, Elam SUCKED when used in coverage. But when they moved him closer to the line and put him in the backfield, he is making plays now. I could understand the change of mind with him at least.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Rumor could well be "false," although I doubt it's that black and white (more like a player stating an opinion)... but a team official denying it to MK is as predictable as it is meaningless.

    so it's meaningless to deny a rumor?!

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    so it's meaningless to deny a rumor?!

    They'd issue a denial whether it was total nonsense made of ether... or a leak based on some kernel of truth. So it tells us nothing.

    Hence... meaningless.

  • From MH bye week presser:

    (On what criteria he will use to evaluate Coach Mangini at the end of the season)-

    “The important point there I think is any coach, any staff where I am in the position I’m in, will be judged at the end of the season. It will take thoughtful thinking and I’ve said this before and I said it when I first came here, it think it’s important that you take some of the emotion out of it if you can. At the end of the year, everyone catches their breath a little bit, think about it and hopefully make an intelligent decision. I also said this, wins and losses are not the only criteria. The crummy part of our business is that most of the time, it is the main one. I thought my least year in Seattle, 4-12 on the surface they should have fired me. Based on record, 4-12 is my worst record of all time. It may have been my best coaching job because we were playing with young people that gave me everything they had, but they just weren’t good enough, we got so injured. If that taught me anything, it taught me that now in my position, there’s more to look at. Hopefully, I’ll do that properly.”

    (On balancing the decision based on wins and losses and there being more to look at than just those two factors and how he is going to do that)-

    “You know what, I’m not sure I can tell you that right now. It’s premature at this point. Let’s let the season play out and then I’ll make the decision at the end of the year.”

    (On the most encouraging thing he has seen so far this year compared to last year)-

    “I think the most encouraging might be the most discouraging. The most encouraging thing is I honestly think we have been in most of the games and you could make the argument I think we had chances to win the games. It’s also the most discouraging thing because we lost the games. The first couple of games were very close. As it turns out now, both of those teams are off to fine starts, they’re better than people thought they were. Yet those were games with a little bounce here, a little thing here and not an interception there or whatever it was, that we certainly were involved in the game. The Atlanta game was a close game, I think, down to the end. Pittsburgh scored 14 points in the last three or four minutes, whatever it was, to make it 28, otherwise, we are kind of in that game and we won the other two. The competitiveness, I like all of that stuff. I like how we are competing, I like the effort, I like all of that stuff, but it hurts like crazy to lose the football game.”

  • @richiswhere said:

    I really can't believe anyone listens to that sh*t show on WKNR

    For as great ofa Sports town Cleveland is, our sports radio has got to be among the worst. I seldom ever tune into these drum beaters unless it's after a live sporting event I attended and I want to hear the stats on the drive home.

    I do like the high school football coverage at times, but the rest blows.

    @atenears said:

    For as great ofa Sports town Cleveland is, our sports radio has got to be among the worst. I seldom ever tune into these drum beaters unless it's after a live sporting event I attended and I want to hear the stats on the drive home.

    I do like the high school football coverage at times, but the rest blows.

    Since I don't live in Cleveland, I always hold out hope that when I visit, listening to the sports radio broadcasts will be fun to listen to. I always leave wondering HOW do these knuckleheads stay on the air?? Surely there are intelligent sports observers who are capable of speaking into a microphone living in Browns Town.

  • @atenears said:

    For as great ofa Sports town Cleveland is, our sports radio has got to be among the worst. I seldom ever tune into these drum beaters unless it's after a live sporting event I attended and I want to hear the stats on the drive home.

    I do like the high school football coverage at times, but the rest blows.

    Since I don't live in Cleveland, I always hold out hope that when I visit, listening to the sports radio broadcasts will be fun to listen to. I always leave wondering HOW do these knuckleheads stay on the air?? Surely there are intelligent sports observers who are capable of speaking into a microphone living in Browns Town.

    @kshutchins said:

    Since I don't live in Cleveland, I always hold out hope that when I visit, listening to the sports radio broadcasts will be fun to listen to. I always leave wondering HOW do these knuckleheads stay on the air?? Surely there are intelligent sports observers who are capable of speaking into a microphone living in Browns Town.

    i feel the exact same. when i got in my car after the browns/panthers game, the first thing that i heard on the radio was "did this win cost mangini his job?".

    as hunter s. thompson would say, the only form of life lower than a street cop is a sportswriter.

  • Sports radio in general is just awful. Either drum beaters or all they do is spew hyperbole. Turn on espn for more then 5 min and you are bound to hear something like "If you had to have one QB in the 1980's who was born in the month of august that is under 6 feet, who would it be?".

  • It was Clayton who for weeks was declaring from sources close to Holmgren "Mangini will be let go at the conclusion of the season".".LAST YEAR"

    So much for that alien looking dude predictions..He knows nothing

  • yah he know nothing message boards know all.

    Kill the messenger!

  • yah he know nothing message boards know all.

    Kill the messenger!

    @1-more-season said:

    yah he know nothing message boards know all.

    Kill the messenger!

    Well last year I said Holmgren would keep Mangini..Clayton said he wouldn't.. so I guess you're right.

    I'm not killing the messenger I'm telling you he was wrong and he is wrong yet again.

    CREDIBILITY is something Clayton is not worried about since he really has none.

  • @1-more-season said:

    Well every player should play like their job depends on it after a season like this. That's a given and the coaches should feel the same way.

    Just heard John Clayton say he expects Mangini to have to take the fall for this year short comings. He knows Holmgren well.

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    The Browns have not suffered a a single embarrasing loss???? Can you say Buffalo!! 😵

    See how losing all these years makes you think...it's cool to lose as long as it's not by 30

  • G gmp

    @the-gipper said:

    Holmgren is the one who select Delhomme. Why should he hold Mangini responsible for that?

    What about the fact that the Browns have not suffered a single embarassing loss.

    Bill Belichick can't say that, nor can Sean Payton, nor hardly any of the other allegedly better coaches in this league.

    Acquiring the game breakers this team needs is not Mangini's job, it is Holmgren's.

    The Browns have not suffered a a single embarrasing loss???? Can you say Buffalo!! 😵

    See how losing all these years makes you think...it's cool to lose as long as it's not by 30

    @gmp said:

    The Browns have not suffered a a single embarrasing loss???? Can you say Buffalo!! 😵

    See how losing all these years makes you think...it's cool to lose as long as it's not by 30

    no its cool to not be as bad as last year = improvement = Mangini is doing fine with what he has

    give him 1 more year...