Skip to content

Defensive Player of the Year Predictions

The Browns Board
33 11 1.8k
  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #1

    There's not much debate with who will probably win NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.

    The same can't be said for Defensive Player of the Year. No one player is having that big of a standout year over another on defense. I'm just trying to get a few different opinions on who you believe will win it this year.

    Right now I say Polamalu has to be the leading canidate. What do you guys think?

  • C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
    #2

    troy? lmao

    clay matthews

  • troy? lmao

    clay matthews

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #3

    @cantonlegend said:

    troy? lmao

    clay matthews

    His play has really fell off the past few weeks. If you look at his stats he doesn't have the DPOY type numbers in any category except sacks. He is still in contention, but even Harrison has clearly better overall stats than Matthews.

  • troy? lmao

    clay matthews

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @cantonlegend said:

    clay matthews

    He was conceived September 17, 1985.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I'll save you guys the time responding to this thread.

    Who ever: I pick so and so.

    Spunk: So and so isn't doing so bad, but he doesn't have DPOY numbers. (insert Steelers player here) is doing great and is in consideration.

  • I'll save you guys the time responding to this thread.

    Who ever: I pick so and so.

    Spunk: So and so isn't doing so bad, but he doesn't have DPOY numbers. (insert Steelers player here) is doing great and is in consideration.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I'll save you guys the time responding to this thread.

    Who ever: I pick so and so.

    Spunk: So and so isn't doing so bad, but he doesn't have DPOY numbers. (insert Steelers player here) is doing great and is in consideration.

    Well, as long as the player named doesn't have anywhere near DPOY numbers (like Matthews) there's nothing wrong with me saying that.

  • troy? lmao

    clay matthews

    P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @cantonlegend said:

    troy? lmao

    clay matthews

    No way Matthews is ahead of Cameron Wake.

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Wake, Matthews, Harrison, Polamalu are the top 4 IMO. I would give the nod to Polamalu right noe.

    Sleeper pick = Terrell Thomas

  • Wake, Matthews, Harrison, Polamalu are the top 4 IMO. I would give the nod to Polamalu right noe.

    Sleeper pick = Terrell Thomas

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #9

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Wake, Matthews, Harrison, Polamalu are the top 4 IMO. I would give the nod to Polamalu right noe.

    Sleeper pick = Terrell Thomas

    I'm not trying to sound homerish, but I don't think Matthews gets it unless he has a huge next 3 games. Wake is one dimensional, I don't think he has a chance.

    My sleeper pick would be DeAngelo Hall. But rarely do players from non-playoff teams and horrible defenses win the award unless he is undisputably the best defender. 29th pass defense, 32nd overall on defense for the Redskins; Hall won't even get considered. If the Redskins had a top-10 defense he would be the DPOY favorite right now.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think Spunkonmyback DPOY is the defensive player of the year because he will tell me he is if I don't say it.

  • @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Wake, Matthews, Harrison, Polamalu are the top 4 IMO. I would give the nod to Polamalu right noe.

    Sleeper pick = Terrell Thomas

    I'm not trying to sound homerish, but I don't think Matthews gets it unless he has a huge next 3 games. Wake is one dimensional, I don't think he has a chance.

    My sleeper pick would be DeAngelo Hall. But rarely do players from non-playoff teams and horrible defenses win the award unless he is undisputably the best defender. 29th pass defense, 32nd overall on defense for the Redskins; Hall won't even get considered. If the Redskins had a top-10 defense he would be the DPOY favorite right now.

    P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    Wake is one dimensional, I don't think he has a chance.

    He is amazing at that one dimension though and he does also have 4 passes defensed. Not huge but shows he can do more than rush the passer.

  • I think Spunkonmyback DPOY is the defensive player of the year because he will tell me he is if I don't say it.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #12

    @theclevelandsound said:

    I think Spunkonmyback DPOY is the defensive player of the year because he will tell me he is if I don't say it.

    Who do you think should be the runner-up defensive player of the year then?

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by shepwrite
    #13

    Who's the offensive MVP that's so obvious? Brady or Rivers? Three weeks ago they were giving it to Rivers, now Brady.

  • Who's the offensive MVP that's so obvious? Brady or Rivers? Three weeks ago they were giving it to Rivers, now Brady.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #14

    @shepwrite said:

    Who's the offensive MVP that's so obvious? Brady or Rivers? Three weeks ago they were giving it to Rivers, now Brady.

    Brady for league MVP. Vick or Rivers for offensive MVP.

    Vick loses votes for not starting all season, Rivers loses votes because the Chargers will probably miss the playoffs.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I would go clay matthews

    Sleeper- eric wright

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I think Spunkonmyback DPOY is the defensive player of the year because he will tell me he is if I don't say it.

    Who do you think should be the runner-up defensive player of the year then?

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    Who do you think should be the runner-up defensive player of the year then?

    1. Clay Matthews

    2. DeAngelo Hall

    3. Troy Polamalu

    4. Haloti Ngata

  • I would go clay matthews

    Sleeper- eric wright

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @wrrebel said:

    I would go clay matthews

    Sleeper- eric wright

    Eric Wright? I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

    Matthews got a lot of DPOY talk early in the season, but now I would even put Harrison ahead of him.

    Matthews :

    Combines Tackles: 51

    Sacks: 12.5

    Passes Defended: 5

    INTs: 1

    Forced Fumbles: 1

    Recoveries: 0

    Harrison:

    Combined Tackles: 79

    Sacks: 10

    Passes Defended: 6

    INTs: 2

    Forced Fumbles: 6

    Recoveries: 1

  • @wrrebel said:

    I would go clay matthews

    Sleeper- eric wright

    Eric Wright? I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

    Matthews got a lot of DPOY talk early in the season, but now I would even put Harrison ahead of him.

    Matthews :

    Combines Tackles: 51

    Sacks: 12.5

    Passes Defended: 5

    INTs: 1

    Forced Fumbles: 1

    Recoveries: 0

    Harrison:

    Combined Tackles: 79

    Sacks: 10

    Passes Defended: 6

    INTs: 2

    Forced Fumbles: 6

    Recoveries: 1

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    Eric Wright? I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

    Matthews got a lot of DPOY talk early in the season, but now I would even put Harrison ahead of him.

    Matthews :

    Combines Tackles: 51

    Sacks: 12.5

    Passes Defended: 5

    INTs: 1

    Forced Fumbles: 1

    Recoveries: 0

    Harrison:

    Combined Tackles: 79

    Sacks: 10

    Passes Defended: 6

    INTs: 2

    Forced Fumbles: 6

    Recoveries: 1

    Get it through your little pee brain. Harrison will not win any award this year with the light that has been shown upon him for illegal hits. Do you know how bad the NFL would look if they award someone who broke all the rules? You are an idiot. Its not happening this year. Ill put my house on it.

  • @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    Eric Wright? I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

    Matthews got a lot of DPOY talk early in the season, but now I would even put Harrison ahead of him.

    Matthews :

    Combines Tackles: 51

    Sacks: 12.5

    Passes Defended: 5

    INTs: 1

    Forced Fumbles: 1

    Recoveries: 0

    Harrison:

    Combined Tackles: 79

    Sacks: 10

    Passes Defended: 6

    INTs: 2

    Forced Fumbles: 6

    Recoveries: 1

    Get it through your little pee brain. Harrison will not win any award this year with the light that has been shown upon him for illegal hits. Do you know how bad the NFL would look if they award someone who broke all the rules? You are an idiot. Its not happening this year. Ill put my house on it.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #19

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Get it through your little pee brain. Harrison will not win any award this year with the light that has been shown upon him for illegal hits. Do you know how bad the NFL would look if they award someone who broke all the rules? You are an idiot. Its not happening this year. Ill put my house on it.

    The AP gives out the award. Not Goodell.

    Matthews had a sack this past week vs Detriot where he lead with his helmet. The sack counted and he was not flagged. Players such as Chad Ochocinco, Brian Urlacher and Terrell Suggs have all defended Harrison's hits and Suggs even said it's obvious that Harrison has been "red flagged" by the league and the refs. I think the voters recognize Goodell's inconsistancies and not keep Harrison from winning it if they feel he is the best defensive player this year. But if you read the first post you would know a think Polamalu will win it. I was just saying Matthews doesn't really have a chance because even Harrison has considerably better all-around stats.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Get it through your little pee brain. Harrison will not win any award this year with the light that has been shown upon him for illegal hits. Do you know how bad the NFL would look if they award someone who broke all the rules? You are an idiot. Its not happening this year. Ill put my house on it.

    The AP gives out the award. Not Goodell.

    Matthews had a sack this past week vs Detriot where he lead with his helmet. The sack counted and he was not flagged. Players such as Chad Ochocinco, Brian Urlacher and Terrell Suggs have all defended Harrison's hits and Suggs even said it's obvious that Harrison has been "red flagged" by the league and the refs. I think the voters recognize Goodell's inconsistancies and not keep Harrison from winning it if they feel he is the best defensive player this year. But if you read the first post you would know a think Polamalu will win it. I was just saying Matthews doesn't really have a chance because even Harrison has considerably better all-around stats.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    The AP gives out the award. Not Goodell.

    Matthews had a sack this past week vs Detriot where he lead with his helmet. The sack counted and he was not flagged. Players such as Chad Ochocinco, Brian Urlacher and Terrell Suggs have all defended Harrison's hits and Suggs even said it's obvious that Harrison has been "red flagged" by the league. I think the voters recognize Goodell's inconsistancies and not keep Harrison from winning it if they feel he is the best defensive player this year. But if you read the first post you would know a think Polamalu will win it. I was just saying Matthews doesn't really have a chance because even Harrison has considerably better all-around stats.

    Matthews will win. And if he does, dont come crawling back here. Please.