Skip to content

Thank God, Looks Like Colt Will Start!

The Browns Board
35 20 2.0k
  • Maybe it has something to do with Seneca being frustrated that is he isn't ahead of Jake on the depth chart.

    I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick just to win a couple of games with Wallace right now either.

    Holmgren would take that into consideration when he decides what to do (Eric and Mike may have already talked about it). IMO, it would take an insane man to fire Mangini, as the team is much improved.

    The rational minds guessed 6 - 8 wins this year.... and look where we are at, sitting at 5 with 3 games to play. We also guessed the record expecting Jake and Seneca to stay healthy.

    @halfsane said:

    Maybe it has something to do with Seneca being frustrated that is he isn't ahead of Jake on the depth chart.

    I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick just to win a couple of games with Wallace right now either.

    Holmgren would take that into consideration when he decides what to do (Eric and Mike may have already talked about it). IMO, it would take an insane man to fire Mangini, as the team is much improved.

    The rational minds guessed 6 - 8 wins this year.... and look where we are at, sitting at 5 with 3 games to play. We also guessed the record expecting Jake and Seneca to stay healthy.

    We also guessed the record without knowing how bad Jake was and how Colt wasn't gonna start this year, as well as having no idea who Peyton Hillis even was.

    much improved.

  • @halfsane said:

    Maybe it has something to do with Seneca being frustrated that is he isn't ahead of Jake on the depth chart.

    I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick just to win a couple of games with Wallace right now either.

    Holmgren would take that into consideration when he decides what to do (Eric and Mike may have already talked about it). IMO, it would take an insane man to fire Mangini, as the team is much improved.

    The rational minds guessed 6 - 8 wins this year.... and look where we are at, sitting at 5 with 3 games to play. We also guessed the record expecting Jake and Seneca to stay healthy.

    We also guessed the record without knowing how bad Jake was and how Colt wasn't gonna start this year, as well as having no idea who Peyton Hillis even was.

    much improved.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    We also guessed the record without knowing how bad Jake was and how Colt wasn't gonna start this year, as well as having no idea who Peyton Hillis even was.

    much improved.

    Sure, but we figured that Jerome Harrison would probably be doing for us what Hillis is doing, given his production at the end of last year.

    I agree that we are right about where most people thought we would be at the end of the year. Its just that we got there a little differently than expected. We didn't expect wins over NE or NO, but we did think we would take Buffalo and Tampa.

  • It's tough to NOT improve on most of last year... although we've never won 4 straight this season. We had a nice offseason and got lucky again (last year, Moore and Roth, this year, Hillis). We had a pretty good draft and added some veterans who helped a lot (Fujita, Gocong).

    But I don't know if we're much improved, except for a three-game stretch (Saints, Pats, Jets). Since then, we've been less than scintillating.

    Chances are decent we'll go from 5-11 to 6-10. I'm not planning any parades.

  • It's tough to NOT improve on most of last year... although we've never won 4 straight this season. We had a nice offseason and got lucky again (last year, Moore and Roth, this year, Hillis). We had a pretty good draft and added some veterans who helped a lot (Fujita, Gocong).

    But I don't know if we're much improved, except for a three-game stretch (Saints, Pats, Jets). Since then, we've been less than scintillating.

    Chances are decent we'll go from 5-11 to 6-10. I'm not planning any parades.

    @shepwrite said:

    But I don't know if we're much improved,

    Seriously? I haven't had to stop watching any games after the first half this year.

  • This Shep guy is a douche.

  • if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.

    even on bad days, we are still in the game.

  • This Shep guy is a douche.

    @halfsane said:

    This Shep guy is a douche.

    Funny. Thanks for visiting. This Halfsane guy is hilarious.

  • if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.

    even on bad days, we are still in the game.

    @mudratdetector said:

    if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.

    even on bad days, we are still in the game.

    I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.

    That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.

  • Concerning seneca maybe it has something to do with his mental command of the offense. Maybe they couldn't count on seneca to audible out of certain plays like they can jake and colt.

  • @mudratdetector said:

    if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.

    even on bad days, we are still in the game.

    I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.

    That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.

    @shepwrite said:

    I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.

    That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.

    The Browns have improved just as much as any of those teams.

  • Looks as though Colt got the majority of practice snaps today and will be healthy enough to start this weekend vs the Bengals barring any setbacks! Woohoo! Nice to know I wont have to watch Dellhommo piss the game away, I've got great seats and am excited to see the Colt! Bring on the Bungles..

    Joe Reedy@joereedy
    QB Colt McCoy was listed on the #browns practice report as having full participation

    QB Colt McCoy was listed on the browns practice report as having full participation

  • Zombo said:

    Thrilled to hear the Colt is back in the saddle.

    Still have no idea why Wallace is third string. None.

    Coaches always say the "best players will play" ... not one person in 100 would say that Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Seneca right now, or better for our team. Even if Seneca sucked as much as Jake (he clearly doesn't), at least he'd be mobile!

    Zombo

    I agree....unless Senecas attitude is pushing him down.

    He was making a lot of those, 'I just play when I am told to play" and "you'll have to ask the coach" type answers a few weeks back.

    I am not saying I don't understand his frustration, or even disagree for that matter, but there is a reason not evident to us why the guy is low man on the totem pole.....and I don't think it is because the entire Browns coaching staff doesn't get it.

    I know I have worked with people talented as hell but in the end they were more of a pain in the ass than anything.

    I am not saying I know that to be the case here, but apply what you have learned in your line of work and start connecting the dots.

  • IMO: Colt is the future for this team and the more reps that he can get this year the better he will be for us next season. Seneca will just have to show the coachs something that will make them want him to be the starter. Until then Lets see what Colt has to offer. If he turns out to be a dud then we can pursue somebody else in the draft.

  • Who changed my thread title and how??

  • Who changed my thread title and how??

    @shepwrite said:

    Who changed my thread title and how??

    Blame it on the Christmas Elfs. They are notorious for creating pranks at this time of the year. They are over worked and underpayed and seem to cause grief with some of the messes that they make.

  • Good maybe the browns will be bearable to watch again...

    He seems to be the only QB we have that can somehow execute a daboll gameplan, cant wait to see what he can do with a real OC in place!

  • Who changed my thread title and how??

    @shepwrite said:

    Who changed my thread title and how??

    someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. 🙄

  • @shepwrite said:

    Who changed my thread title and how??

    someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. 🙄

    @miktoxic said:

    someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. 🙄

    Thanks.

    Multiple threads on the same topic sucks and makes a site unreadable.

  • Who changed my thread title and how??

    @shepwrite said:

    Who changed my thread title and how??

    do not get upset this thread is now nearly 9 months old...................Go Colt utherwise the whole discussion is irrevelant and we need to get a real QB

  • @shepwrite said:

    Who changed my thread title and how??

    someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. 🙄

    @miktoxic said:

    someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. 🙄

    Ah. Thanks.