Thank God, Looks Like Colt Will Start!
-
It's tough to NOT improve on most of last year... although we've never won 4 straight this season. We had a nice offseason and got lucky again (last year, Moore and Roth, this year, Hillis). We had a pretty good draft and added some veterans who helped a lot (Fujita, Gocong).
But I don't know if we're much improved, except for a three-game stretch (Saints, Pats, Jets). Since then, we've been less than scintillating.
Chances are decent we'll go from 5-11 to 6-10. I'm not planning any parades.
-
It's tough to NOT improve on most of last year... although we've never won 4 straight this season. We had a nice offseason and got lucky again (last year, Moore and Roth, this year, Hillis). We had a pretty good draft and added some veterans who helped a lot (Fujita, Gocong).
But I don't know if we're much improved, except for a three-game stretch (Saints, Pats, Jets). Since then, we've been less than scintillating.
Chances are decent we'll go from 5-11 to 6-10. I'm not planning any parades.
But I don't know if we're much improved,
Seriously? I haven't had to stop watching any games after the first half this year.
-
This Shep guy is a douche.
-
if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.
even on bad days, we are still in the game.
-
-
if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.
even on bad days, we are still in the game.
if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.
even on bad days, we are still in the game.
I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.
That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.
-
Concerning seneca maybe it has something to do with his mental command of the offense. Maybe they couldn't count on seneca to audible out of certain plays like they can jake and colt.
-
if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.
even on bad days, we are still in the game.
I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.
That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.
I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.
That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.
The Browns have improved just as much as any of those teams.
-
Looks as though Colt got the majority of practice snaps today and will be healthy enough to start this weekend vs the Bengals barring any setbacks! Woohoo! Nice to know I wont have to watch Dellhommo piss the game away, I've got great seats and am excited to see the Colt! Bring on the Bungles..
QB Colt McCoy was listed on the browns practice report as having full participation
-
Zombo said:
Thrilled to hear the Colt is back in the saddle.Still have no idea why Wallace is third string. None.
Coaches always say the "best players will play" ... not one person in 100 would say that Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Seneca right now, or better for our team. Even if Seneca sucked as much as Jake (he clearly doesn't), at least he'd be mobile!
Zombo
I agree....unless Senecas attitude is pushing him down.
He was making a lot of those, 'I just play when I am told to play" and "you'll have to ask the coach" type answers a few weeks back.
I am not saying I don't understand his frustration, or even disagree for that matter, but there is a reason not evident to us why the guy is low man on the totem pole.....and I don't think it is because the entire Browns coaching staff doesn't get it.
I know I have worked with people talented as hell but in the end they were more of a pain in the ass than anything.
I am not saying I know that to be the case here, but apply what you have learned in your line of work and start connecting the dots.
-
IMO: Colt is the future for this team and the more reps that he can get this year the better he will be for us next season. Seneca will just have to show the coachs something that will make them want him to be the starter. Until then Lets see what Colt has to offer. If he turns out to be a dud then we can pursue somebody else in the draft.
-
Who changed my thread title and how??
-
Who changed my thread title and how??
Blame it on the Christmas Elfs. They are notorious for creating pranks at this time of the year. They are over worked and underpayed and seem to cause grief with some of the messes that they make.
-
Who changed my thread title and how??
someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference.

-
Who changed my thread title and how??
someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference.

-
Who changed my thread title and how??
do not get upset this thread is now nearly 9 months old...................Go Colt utherwise the whole discussion is irrevelant and we need to get a real QB
-
Who changed my thread title and how??
someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference.

-
A little more on this: Wallace will probably be the #2 so he can run WildDawg packages. The #3 "emergency quarterback" obviously can't do that unless the other two are injured.
-
Zombo said:
Thrilled to hear the Colt is back in the saddle.Still have no idea why Wallace is third string. None.
Coaches always say the "best players will play" ... not one person in 100 would say that Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Seneca right now, or better for our team. Even if Seneca sucked as much as Jake (he clearly doesn't), at least he'd be mobile!
Zombo
I agree....unless Senecas attitude is pushing him down.
He was making a lot of those, 'I just play when I am told to play" and "you'll have to ask the coach" type answers a few weeks back.
I am not saying I don't understand his frustration, or even disagree for that matter, but there is a reason not evident to us why the guy is low man on the totem pole.....and I don't think it is because the entire Browns coaching staff doesn't get it.
I know I have worked with people talented as hell but in the end they were more of a pain in the ass than anything.
I am not saying I know that to be the case here, but apply what you have learned in your line of work and start connecting the dots.
I agree....unless Senecas attitude is pushing him down.
He was making a lot of those, 'I just play when I am told to play" and "you'll have to ask the coach" type answers a few weeks back.
I am not saying I don't understand his frustration, or even disagree for that matter, but there is a reason not evident to us why the guy is low man on the totem pole.....and I don't think it is because the entire Browns coaching staff doesn't get it.
I know I have worked with people talented as hell but in the end they were more of a pain in the ass than anything.
I am not saying I know that to be the case here, but apply what you have learned in your line of work and start connecting the dots.
Peen, i'm glad that someone else has brought this up. i've been saying (privateletly) that Wallace has appeared to be in the doghouse for several weeks. His lockerroom interviews are short, direct, and not at all pleasant for the interviewer. It seems like a replay of the tension provided by Braylon and a couple of others before they left. See if you can dig up some channel 3 clips after colt got injured and you'll see what i mean. Wallace is very businesslike and un-engaging. He eacted as if he resented being the forgotten man. No team- type remarks. Something seems to be going on there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
