Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • The defense lost this game, let's hear how great Rob Ryan is again. Mangini made some errors today, but they all were in his attempts to over-come a bad defense. I agree he should have went for it while facing 4th-and-1 inside the ten, but our defense is also suppose to be our strong suit, and we couldn't get off the field today.

  • I think youre forgetting this is MANGINI's defense with Rob Ryans accents, not the other way around

  • I think youre forgetting this is MANGINI's defense with Rob Ryans accents, not the other way around

    @playgroundlegend said:

    I think youre forgetting this is MANGINI's defense with Rob Ryans accents, not the other way around

    Rob still calls the plays, Mangini just draws up the game plan.

  • I'm not saying it's fair, but this is where Mangini lost his job. Losing back to back to Buffalo and Cincinnati kind of wipes out all the "progress" talk. McCoy looked good... not sure why it didn't translate into more points. But he's throwing the ball really, really well.

  • Agreed Mangini blew it before the end of the half not using his Time Outs'...poor coaching,...the Defense was in a coma...they stunk
  • Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    *If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.

  • I dont think so...

  • Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    *If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    Wow that must be some good chit you be on lol!

  • Care to argue? Or just disagree.

  • I agree on everything but Gil Haskel because I don't know who that is

  • I agree on everything but Gil Haskel because I don't know who that is

    @browns said:

    I agree on everything but Gil Haskel because I don't know who that is

    Gil Haskell is MH's right hand man and was his QB coach/OC in seatte

  • Yeah your theory may work if it didn't have rob ryan on the staff.

  • No way he'd keep Ryan and a 3-4.

  • Yeah your theory may work if it didn't have rob ryan on the staff.

    @wrrebel said:

    Yeah your theory may work if it didn't have rob ryan on the staff.

    I dont think he goes. We wont do a full overhaul.

  • I can see this happening. In his own special way, MH has been setting the table for his return to the field. He still has that competitive itch. One could argue that he kept EM on board knowning that his

    transition back to coaching would go smoother after allowing EM an additional year.....which he calculated would play out as it has. Just sayin..

  • Mangini should only be gone if Ryan takes a job as a head coach. Ryan is the only thing holding that staff together.

    Gruden is my only hope right now.

  • they werent THAT bad they were just on the field WAY to long...

  • Gruden will probably be the new coach, its either gonna be that, or were just sticking with Mangini

  • Gruden will probably be the new coach, its either gonna be that, or were just sticking with Mangini

    @playgroundlegend said:

    Gruden will probably be the new coach, its either gonna be that, or were just sticking with Mangini

    No. Holmgren. Gruden wont. Mark my words.

  • Agreed Mangini blew it before the end of the half not using his Time Outs'...poor coaching,...the Defense was in a coma...they stunk

    @nickers said:

    Agreed Mangini blew it before the end of the half not using his Time Outs'...poor coaching,...the Defense was in a coma...they stunk

    you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.

    Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!

    If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...