Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • mikeyP72 said:

    Larry, I'd agree with everything you said about strength of schedule and progress if we would have beat Cincy and Buffalo. The last two weeks have made looking at this season with optimism very ROUGH.

    I've always said when it comes to NFL football, "I'd rather be lucky than good." Lucky AND good can win you a Super Bowl. Unlucky and mediocre gets you 5-9 like the Browns.

    Well, the Browns are still very much a team trying to make their way in the NFL wilderness. And not trying to have it both ways I think Buddy Ryan said, "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL."

    Buffalo we got another "bad Jake", and that's certainly on Mangini.

    Bengals? They were Division champs last year- and give 'em credit- they mightily exposed the Browns weaknesses- like zero pass rush from the front seven, weakness @ LB to fill gaps in the shaky D-line to stop Benson, and no viable wrs to take the pressure off of Hillis amounting to a sub par game by Peyton.

    @hoorta said:

    I've always said when it comes to NFL football, "I'd rather be lucky than good." Lucky AND good can win you a Super Bowl. Unlucky and mediocre gets you 5-9 like the Browns.

    Well, the Browns are still very much a team trying to make their way in the NFL wilderness. And not trying to have it both ways I think Buddy Ryan said, "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL."

    Buffalo we got another "bad Jake", and that's certainly on Mangini.

    Bengals? They were Division champs last year- and give 'em credit- they mightily exposed the Browns weaknesses- like zero pass rush from the front seven, weakness @ LB to fill gaps in the shaky D-line to stop Benson, and no viable wrs to take the pressure off of Hillis amounting to a sub par game by Peyton.

    When you really take a hard look at how teams have had success against us since the second half of the Jets game it's been pretty simple: run right at us. The Jets murdered us on TOP in the second half. Jones-Drew rambled on us. Carolina had success running the football. Miami's stupid game plan called for more Henne and less WildDawg, but Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams chewed up the yardage. Then the last two weeks happened as well.

    That's not scheming, folks, when you get run over. That's my guys are better than your guys, you can't stop us. Ironically, it's how we were winning games last December. This year, with the loss of Yates, Pashos on offense and Robaire and Fujita on defense, it ain't happening up front.

  • If Mangini wants to make a solid case for him to stay the Browns coach, then I would like for him to fire Daboll and hire a good OC. Otherwise, he simply should go.

  • I think the window has closed on Mangini... but his only hope would be to sweep the Ravens and Steelers while playing great defense, then tell Holmgren he supports dumping Daboll and going WCO under Holmgren's supervision.

    I don't see it happening. I think he's toast. I think McCoy has really sparked Holmgren and he doesn't trust Mangini to oversee his care and feeding. Wouldn't stun me at all if Holmgren took over HC duties as part of a planned transition to Gruden in 2012.

  • I agree completely Shep. Foremost because Mangini is not Holmgren's guy and he is not Holmgren's type of Coach. Mangini is NOT offensive minded and Holmgren is. Holmgren is a super ego and NOW is the perfect time to move on and bring in HIS coach.

    By the way in case the other 90% of football don't get it.................which they dont OFFENSE wins Championships

  • I love how people can change their minds about the direction this team is going in in a mere three weeks.

    It really proves the people right who call Cleveland fans shortsighted and hostile.

    I still wouldn't have it any other way.

    Now we just have to pray the FO doesn't listen to us "genius" fans.

  • I agree completely Shep. Foremost because Mangini is not Holmgren's guy and he is not Holmgren's type of Coach. Mangini is NOT offensive minded and Holmgren is. Holmgren is a super ego and NOW is the perfect time to move on and bring in HIS coach.

    By the way in case the other 90% of football don't get it.................which they dont OFFENSE wins Championships

    @rich4eagle said:

    I agree completely Shep. Foremost because Mangini is not Holmgren's guy and he is not Holmgren's type of Coach. Mangini is NOT offensive minded and Holmgren is. Holmgren is a super ego and NOW is the perfect time to move on and bring in HIS coach.

    By the way in case the other 90% of football don't get it.................which they dont OFFENSE wins Championships

    You should be a head coach. Scratch that, GM.

    No, better make it NFL Commish. You clearly know everything about everything and damn the rest of us to hell.

  • I would be the best GM ever.. in 2007 I would have drafted Brady Quinn instead of Joe Thomas.. How dumb would that have been?

    the only worse gm than me would be issiah thomas!

  • I would be the best GM ever.. in 2007 I would have drafted Brady Quinn instead of Joe Thomas.. How dumb would that have been?

    the only worse gm than me would be issiah thomas!

    @wrrebel said:

    I would be the best GM ever.. in 2007 I would have drafted Brady Quinn instead of Joe Thomas.. How dumb would that have been?

    the only worse gm than me would be issiah thomas!

    Me, too. DOH!

  • Article

    I agree with this article except for the part where Ryan says all the coaches should be kept. If Deboll stays I am going to be hella pissed.

  • Article

    I agree with this article except for the part where Ryan says all the coaches should be kept. If Deboll stays I am going to be hella pissed.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Article

    I agree with this article except for the part where Ryan says all the coaches should be kept. If Deboll stays I am going to be hella pissed.

    Just read that..

    No comment, it is almost Christmas 🙂

  • @rich4eagle said:

    I agree completely Shep. Foremost because Mangini is not Holmgren's guy and he is not Holmgren's type of Coach. Mangini is NOT offensive minded and Holmgren is. Holmgren is a super ego and NOW is the perfect time to move on and bring in HIS coach.

    By the way in case the other 90% of football don't get it.................which they dont OFFENSE wins Championships

    You should be a head coach. Scratch that, GM.

    No, better make it NFL Commish. You clearly know everything about everything and damn the rest of us to hell.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You should be a head coach. Scratch that, GM.

    No, better make it NFL Commish. You clearly know everything about everything and damn the rest of us to hell.

    Good assessment......thanks for the kudos......... keep listening and hopefully my knowledge will help you be a more astute and learned fan........and I don't know everything but way more than most. BTW, I didn't damn anyone just called it like it is......all you have to do is read the posts here and on most sports boards and it is evident........

    Go Browns.......good times are coming

    BTW, last Feb/March I said they should trade both Rogers and Cribbs as their value will dramatically decrease and soon and that they are expendable on a team that is at least one year away from competing. Further I stated strongly that we should draft McCoy and expressed my pleasure in getting him. Cogitate on That.........I really do not want to be the commish too boring of a job but a GM would be cool

  • If any Mangini supporters going to the game on sunday could bring some signs to the game and let people know that some of us are behind the coach. Just a suggestion.

  • If any Mangini supporters going to the game on sunday could bring some signs to the game and let people know that some of us are behind the coach. Just a suggestion.

    @medicineman said:

    If any Mangini supporters going to the game on sunday could bring some signs to the game and let people know that some of us are behind the coach. Just a suggestion.

    I am, unfortunately my best friend is bringing a poster with a pic of Mangini that says "Got Mangina?"

    my friend is not helping Mangini's cause lol

  • @medicineman said:

    If any Mangini supporters going to the game on sunday could bring some signs to the game and let people know that some of us are behind the coach. Just a suggestion.

    I am, unfortunately my best friend is bringing a poster with a pic of Mangini that says "Got Mangina?"

    my friend is not helping Mangini's cause lol

    @brownandorange said:

    I am, unfortunately my best friend is bringing a poster with a pic of Mangini that says "Got Mangina?"

    my friend is not helping Mangini's cause lol

    Thats too funny. That made me laugh out loud for real!

  • @brownandorange said:

    I am, unfortunately my best friend is bringing a poster with a pic of Mangini that says "Got Mangina?"

    my friend is not helping Mangini's cause lol

    Thats too funny. That made me laugh out loud for real!

    @medicineman said:

    Thats too funny. That made me laugh out loud for real!

    yeah my buddy is an idiot. he thinks he will get on TV with that sign lol.. I told him he has no chance because they will not display profane signs on television.

    he is in denial.

  • Rogers I wouldn't disagree with that we should've traded but on a team void of playmakers espeically on offense, this teams needs Cribbs. He's a big part of the reason why the offense has struggled in the last few weeks. The defense has to account for him when he's on the field and it's hurt the offfense when he has been hurt.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You should be a head coach. Scratch that, GM.

    No, better make it NFL Commish. You clearly know everything about everything and damn the rest of us to hell.

    Good assessment......thanks for the kudos......... keep listening and hopefully my knowledge will help you be a more astute and learned fan........and I don't know everything but way more than most. BTW, I didn't damn anyone just called it like it is......all you have to do is read the posts here and on most sports boards and it is evident........

    Go Browns.......good times are coming

    BTW, last Feb/March I said they should trade both Rogers and Cribbs as their value will dramatically decrease and soon and that they are expendable on a team that is at least one year away from competing. Further I stated strongly that we should draft McCoy and expressed my pleasure in getting him. Cogitate on That.........I really do not want to be the commish too boring of a job but a GM would be cool

    @rich4eagle said:

    Good assessment......thanks for the kudos......... keep listening and hopefully my knowledge will help you be a more astute and learned fan........and I don't know everything but way more than most. BTW, I didn't damn anyone just called it like it is......all you have to do is read the posts here and on most sports boards and it is evident........

    Go Browns.......good times are coming

    BTW, last Feb/March I said they should trade both Rogers and Cribbs as their value will dramatically decrease and soon and that they are expendable on a team that is at least one year away from competing. Further I stated strongly that we should draft McCoy and expressed my pleasure in getting him. Cogitate on That.........I really do not want to be the commish too boring of a job but a GM would be cool

    Humble much?! You are starting to sound like Homo and Shep with that arrogant "i'm better than everyone else" bull****

    You could trade rogers but it depends on what you would get in return. im guessing not much. plus who would replace him? trading cribbs is extremely stupid as he has been hurt for half the season. cut him some slack... If you are going to be arrogant, at least be right about something...

  • If I was the browns owner I would get cheer leaders. Really slutty ones, this would add at least 2 wins a year..

  • @rich4eagle said:

    Good assessment......thanks for the kudos......... keep listening and hopefully my knowledge will help you be a more astute and learned fan........and I don't know everything but way more than most. BTW, I didn't damn anyone just called it like it is......all you have to do is read the posts here and on most sports boards and it is evident........

    Go Browns.......good times are coming

    BTW, last Feb/March I said they should trade both Rogers and Cribbs as their value will dramatically decrease and soon and that they are expendable on a team that is at least one year away from competing. Further I stated strongly that we should draft McCoy and expressed my pleasure in getting him. Cogitate on That.........I really do not want to be the commish too boring of a job but a GM would be cool

    Humble much?! You are starting to sound like Homo and Shep with that arrogant "i'm better than everyone else" bull****

    You could trade rogers but it depends on what you would get in return. im guessing not much. plus who would replace him? trading cribbs is extremely stupid as he has been hurt for half the season. cut him some slack... If you are going to be arrogant, at least be right about something...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Humble much?! You are starting to sound like Homo and Shep with that arrogant "i'm better than everyone else" bull****

    You could trade rogers but it depends on what you would get in return. im guessing not much. plus who would replace him? trading cribbs is extremely stupid as he has been hurt for half the season. cut him some slack... If you are going to be arrogant, at least be right about something...

    I think you meant someone else. I've never said anything about being better than anybody, ever. If my presence makes you feel that way, it's coming from you... but I'm still kinda sorry. Happy Holidays... and leave me out of this stuff from now on. Thanks.

    Besides... it's Rich's schtick. Don't jump serious on it.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Humble much?! You are starting to sound like Homo and Shep with that arrogant "i'm better than everyone else" bull****

    You could trade rogers but it depends on what you would get in return. im guessing not much. plus who would replace him? trading cribbs is extremely stupid as he has been hurt for half the season. cut him some slack... If you are going to be arrogant, at least be right about something...

    I think you meant someone else. I've never said anything about being better than anybody, ever. If my presence makes you feel that way, it's coming from you... but I'm still kinda sorry. Happy Holidays... and leave me out of this stuff from now on. Thanks.

    Besides... it's Rich's schtick. Don't jump serious on it.

    @shepwrite said:

    I think you meant someone else. I've never said anything about being better than anybody, ever. If my presence makes you feel that way, it's coming from you, not me... because I've never rocked that way. Ever. But I'm still kinda sorry. Happy Holidays... and leave me out of this stuff from now on. Thanks.

    Besides... it's Rich's schtick. Don't jump serious on it.

    I am not sure I have ever seen any of your posts that would ever imply that you think your better than anyone..

    It's weird, maybe your name "Shepwrite" just angers people, I can't find a logical reasoning. One thing I find on this board are people are very sensitive.