Bye Bye Mangini
-
Rogers I wouldn't disagree with that we should've traded but on a team void of playmakers espeically on offense, this teams needs Cribbs. He's a big part of the reason why the offense has struggled in the last few weeks. The defense has to account for him when he's on the field and it's hurt the offfense when he has been hurt.
Rogers I wouldn't disagree with that we should've traded but on a team void of playmakers espeically on offense, this teams needs Cribbs. He's a big part of the reason why the offense has struggled in the last few weeks. The defense has to account for him when he's on the field and it's hurt the offfense when he has been hurt.
Mark, I have serious reasons why I said it was time to trade Cribbs last spring. He is one of my favorite Browns players ever because of playing style and propensity to make long returns. However, I am more pragmatic that a cheeleader.
I wanted to move Cribbs because of the positions he played and his skill set. He could never be a great RB or WR or QB. Thus, he is just a role player at those positions. He entered this year as the PREMIER returner in the NFL. History says guys do not have long careers at premier returners. They usually are mostly used up by the fourth or fifth year. That is where Cribbs is and I expected a huge drop off this year(which now has occurred) and proclaimed he will never be even close again to approach what happened last year. Thus, I would have traded him last sprng if we could have gotten a third round pick.
My feeling going into this season was that the Browns were way short on offensive talent and at best could achieve 8-8. Thus Cribbs would be one year older when we finally were capable of competing in 2011. So I would have liked to see two youngs guys on the upside coming into replace he and Rogers before this season. Rogers essentially has no value now and Josh's value is way down and his ability do what he has in the past will greatly diminish. Maybe they can redo him to be used like Kevin Faulk was used for years at NE. Right now I am no longer interested in trading him as his value greatly declined. Rogers I would take what I can get, anything.
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
You expect a steeler fan(See here) to be humble? Stooltown here isn't humble. He IS however the best ever at proclaiming what he'd do AFTER the fact. Here's the reality: He wanted Rogers cut, he wanted Cribbs traded and he wanted us to trade away our draft to get #1 overall from STL and draft Colt McCoy with it. He also in the past wanted us using our 1st rounder on Troy Smith.You'll soon learn, the guy hanging out day and night on stooler forums ballsucking Pig Ben consistently wants the Browns to make utterly moronic choices that will keep them beneath the piss&black. Coincidence a "stooler fan huge" wants us to suck? I report, you decide.
I like your revisionist thinking. And your vitriol as childish as it is.
To set record straight and TELL TRUTH............instead of your lies
Yes, indeed I am a Steeler fan and have been for longer than you have been alive and yes I have been a Browns fan longer. If anyone cannot deal with that just stifle yourself.
And no I did not want Rogers cut unless we could not trade him and wanted him traded the last two seasons. That is documented. In which he accomplished nothing and we won more games when he was not playing like the bunch in a row at the end of last year while he was on IR. So your half truth is incorrect all the way on Rogers. So that is before the fact and documented. And yes I would have released him this season at some point because he now has no trade value.
As for trading Cribbs, yes I suggested trading him last spring before the draft. I stated the reasons and stated them above again in this thread. I also stated how much I admired his play. That is also documented.
Now onto McCoy, I wanted to if possible trade up to number one to draft Sam Bradford(NOT McCOY) and that is documented. I also stated that I thought Colt McCoy would be a really good pro despite the criticism. I also said we should make our first three picks this year of offensive skill players because we are woeful on talent at skill offensive postions. I also said that I would take McCoy in round two because I did not think he would last until round three. That is all documented.
As for Troy Smith until his stock dropped dramatically I was considering using a first for him. In the pre draft I said to use a third on him as well. BTW, he is starting this weekend while Quinn is on the garbage pile. That is also documented.
A few more QB tidibits for our fine members to show how you ar lying and how vile and off base and vitriolic what you have said. I said we should NOT draft Brady Quinn and was thoroughly disgusted we when drafted Brady Quinn and proclaimed he would be a bust. That is also documented.
I went BONKERS IN DISGUST when we passed on Ben Roethlisberger and said that it was a dark day in Browns history. That is now well proven. IT is documented as well.
After we blew getting Ben I made a hard statement to get one of Rivers or Brees as SD needed to move one. That is also documented.
Finally, I stated about a 1000 times how bad Savage was starting with his second month on the job and that he was destroying the team. That is also documented.
I also stated that so far this year the new management is making needed improvements and moving the team in right direction.
Now please retract your insulting lies and discrediting my football acumen. Further, please do stick your head backup urass and allow me to root for whomever I wish and enjoy interchanging with intelligent football fans here about our beloved Browns.
If my last sentence exceeds your reading comprehension skills.....let me rephrase for you ..........FUQUE OFF
Go Browns
-
Rogers I wouldn't disagree with that we should've traded but on a team void of playmakers espeically on offense, this teams needs Cribbs. He's a big part of the reason why the offense has struggled in the last few weeks. The defense has to account for him when he's on the field and it's hurt the offfense when he has been hurt.
Mark, I have serious reasons why I said it was time to trade Cribbs last spring. He is one of my favorite Browns players ever because of playing style and propensity to make long returns. However, I am more pragmatic that a cheeleader.
I wanted to move Cribbs because of the positions he played and his skill set. He could never be a great RB or WR or QB. Thus, he is just a role player at those positions. He entered this year as the PREMIER returner in the NFL. History says guys do not have long careers at premier returners. They usually are mostly used up by the fourth or fifth year. That is where Cribbs is and I expected a huge drop off this year(which now has occurred) and proclaimed he will never be even close again to approach what happened last year. Thus, I would have traded him last sprng if we could have gotten a third round pick.
My feeling going into this season was that the Browns were way short on offensive talent and at best could achieve 8-8. Thus Cribbs would be one year older when we finally were capable of competing in 2011. So I would have liked to see two youngs guys on the upside coming into replace he and Rogers before this season. Rogers essentially has no value now and Josh's value is way down and his ability do what he has in the past will greatly diminish. Maybe they can redo him to be used like Kevin Faulk was used for years at NE. Right now I am no longer interested in trading him as his value greatly declined. Rogers I would take what I can get, anything.
Mark, I have serious reasons why I said it was time to trade Cribbs. He is one of my favorite Browns players ever because of playing style and propensity to make long returns. However, I am more pragmatic that a cheeleader.
I wanted to move Cribbs because of the positions he played and his skill set. He could never be a great RB or WR or QB. Thus, he is just a role player at those positions. He entered this year as the PREMIER returner in the NFL. History says guys do not have long careers at premier returners. They usually are mostly used up by the fourth or fifth year. That is where Cribbs is and I expected a huge drop off this year and proclaimed he will never be even close again to approach what happened last year. I would have traded him if we could have gotten a third round pick.
My feeling going into this season was that the Browns were way short on offensive talent and at best could achieve 8-8. Thus Cribbs would be one year older when we finally were capable of competing in 2011. So I would have liked to see two youngs guys on the upside coming into replace he and Rogers. Rogers essentially has no value now and Josh's value is way down and his ability do what he has in the past will greatly diminish. Maybe they can redo him to be used like Kevin Faulk was used for years at NE. Right now I am no longer interested in trading him as his value greatly declined. Rogers I would take what I can get, anything.
Your a steeler fan first so it's no wonder you want Cribbs off of the team. You dont think the concussion and 5 dislocated toes had something to do with his poor performance?
-
Mark, I have serious reasons why I said it was time to trade Cribbs. He is one of my favorite Browns players ever because of playing style and propensity to make long returns. However, I am more pragmatic that a cheeleader.
I wanted to move Cribbs because of the positions he played and his skill set. He could never be a great RB or WR or QB. Thus, he is just a role player at those positions. He entered this year as the PREMIER returner in the NFL. History says guys do not have long careers at premier returners. They usually are mostly used up by the fourth or fifth year. That is where Cribbs is and I expected a huge drop off this year and proclaimed he will never be even close again to approach what happened last year. I would have traded him if we could have gotten a third round pick.
My feeling going into this season was that the Browns were way short on offensive talent and at best could achieve 8-8. Thus Cribbs would be one year older when we finally were capable of competing in 2011. So I would have liked to see two youngs guys on the upside coming into replace he and Rogers. Rogers essentially has no value now and Josh's value is way down and his ability do what he has in the past will greatly diminish. Maybe they can redo him to be used like Kevin Faulk was used for years at NE. Right now I am no longer interested in trading him as his value greatly declined. Rogers I would take what I can get, anything.
Your a steeler fan first so it's no wonder you want Cribbs off of the team. You dont think the concussion and 5 dislocated toes had something to do with his poor performance?
Your a steeler fan first so it's no wonder you want Cribbs off of the team. You dont think the concussion and 5 dislocated toes had something to do with his poor performance?
Check out the life span of Kick Returners........I stated my reasons why trading him for a third round pick would have helped the team. It has nothing do with anything but making the Browns a playoff contender next year. We lost a chance to get two good draft choices for useless Rogers and a high value Cribbs. Next year they both will be much lesser players that two years ago. Neither has much trade value now, so you need not worry about that.
I just want to build a championship team.
You believe whatever bullshit you wish.
-
Fred G. at OBR just wrote that he believes Holmgren will coach the Browns next year. He recently repeated that he does want to coach again... and let's face it: Hiring Gruden sets that back at least 2-3 years (in the event of failure) when Holmgren would be 65.
He also points to McCoy, whom Holmgren personally drafted after discussing his fit for the WCO. He also mentioned Holmgren's stated frustration with the more plodding offensive style of Daboll, preferring a higher octane attack.
Finally, he said if the Browns were the Chiefs, 9-5 in year two of an equally massive rebuilding process, he'd remain as coach. Teams turn around dramatically in two years... even one. Remember that the Rams were 1-15 last year and the Chiefs were god awful, too.
But the Browns are 5-9, coming off a couple very ugly losses, and team leaders are questioning motivation.
Holmgren and Haskell stepping into coaching roles almost seems like it might have been the plan all along, preventing any sense of "starting over," because they're already in the building.
I for one would love to see the Browns press defenses a little, attack and keep attacking. I'd be pretty stoked.
-
I would not be surprised if Holmgren hired himself as coach. I would not be surprised if he brought in a offensive minded coach to provide some of the "high Octane" you mentioned.
Nothing short of whipping the Steelers is going to save Mangini's job. If he goes the rest of the staff is suspect as well.
BTW, I am a firm believer that the offense of a team and the defense of team represents more the character of the head coach than the coordinators. Very few coodinators dictate strategy they are just charged with executing it. The conservative offense reflects on Mangini.
-
Fred G. at OBR just wrote that he believes Holmgren will coach the Browns next year. He recently repeated that he does want to coach again... and let's face it: Hiring Gruden sets that back at least 2-3 years (in the event of failure) when Holmgren would be 65.
He also points to McCoy, whom Holmgren personally drafted after discussing his fit for the WCO. He also mentioned Holmgren's stated frustration with the more plodding offensive style of Daboll, preferring a higher octane attack.
Finally, he said if the Browns were the Chiefs, 9-5 in year two of an equally massive rebuilding process, he'd remain as coach. Teams turn around dramatically in two years... even one. Remember that the Rams were 1-15 last year and the Chiefs were god awful, too.
But the Browns are 5-9, coming off a couple very ugly losses, and team leaders are questioning motivation.
Holmgren and Haskell stepping into coaching roles almost seems like it might have been the plan all along, preventing any sense of "starting over," because they're already in the building.
I for one would love to see the Browns press defenses a little, attack and keep attacking. I'd be pretty stoked.
Fred G. at OBR just wrote that he believes Holmgren will coach the Browns next year. He recently repeated that he does want to coach again... and let's face it: Hiring Gruden sets that back at least 2-3 years (in the event of failure) when Holmgren would be 65.
He also points to McCoy, whom Holmgren personally drafted after discussing his fit for the WCO. He also mentioned Holmgren's stated frustration with the more plodding offensive style of Daboll, preferring a higher octane attack.
Finally, he said if the Browns were the Chiefs, 9-5 in year two of an equally massive rebuilding process, he'd remain as coach. Teams turn around dramatically in two years... even one. Remember that the Rams were 1-15 last year and the Chiefs were god awful, too.
But the Browns are 5-9, coming off a couple very ugly losses, and team leaders are questioning motivation.
Holmgren and Haskell stepping into coaching roles almost seems like it might have been the plan all along, preventing any sense of "starting over," because they're already in the building.
I for one would love to see the Browns press defenses a little, attack and keep attacking. I'd be pretty stoked.
sources?
-
Fred G. at OBR just wrote that he believes Holmgren will coach the Browns next year. He recently repeated that he does want to coach again... and let's face it: Hiring Gruden sets that back at least 2-3 years (in the event of failure) when Holmgren would be 65.
He also points to McCoy, whom Holmgren personally drafted after discussing his fit for the WCO. He also mentioned Holmgren's stated frustration with the more plodding offensive style of Daboll, preferring a higher octane attack.
Finally, he said if the Browns were the Chiefs, 9-5 in year two of an equally massive rebuilding process, he'd remain as coach. Teams turn around dramatically in two years... even one. Remember that the Rams were 1-15 last year and the Chiefs were god awful, too.
But the Browns are 5-9, coming off a couple very ugly losses, and team leaders are questioning motivation.
Holmgren and Haskell stepping into coaching roles almost seems like it might have been the plan all along, preventing any sense of "starting over," because they're already in the building.
I for one would love to see the Browns press defenses a little, attack and keep attacking. I'd be pretty stoked.
sources?
sources?
sorry let me be more specific.. do you have a link to this? even though it is just one guy's opinion.. and when has holmgren said he wants to coach again?
-
-
I love Josh Cribbs, however, nobody plays forever, and kick returners have the shortest lifetime of all.
I wish some folks would actually try to read what is said and the reasons behind it.
As for Cribbs he had great value last year. Now he has little value so the subject of trading him is now a mute point.
I hope he has a great season next year. He may have one or two good years left
-
Fred G. at OBR just wrote that he believes Holmgren will coach the Browns next year. He recently repeated that he does want to coach again... and let's face it: Hiring Gruden sets that back at least 2-3 years (in the event of failure) when Holmgren would be 65.
He also points to McCoy, whom Holmgren personally drafted after discussing his fit for the WCO. He also mentioned Holmgren's stated frustration with the more plodding offensive style of Daboll, preferring a higher octane attack.
Finally, he said if the Browns were the Chiefs, 9-5 in year two of an equally massive rebuilding process, he'd remain as coach. Teams turn around dramatically in two years... even one. Remember that the Rams were 1-15 last year and the Chiefs were god awful, too.
But the Browns are 5-9, coming off a couple very ugly losses, and team leaders are questioning motivation.
Holmgren and Haskell stepping into coaching roles almost seems like it might have been the plan all along, preventing any sense of "starting over," because they're already in the building.
I for one would love to see the Browns press defenses a little, attack and keep attacking. I'd be pretty stoked.
sources?
sources?
Huh? I said it was Fred G. at OBR, and he asked Holmgren himself if he wanted to coach again. After "dodging" a lot, he said what amounted to "yes," in Fred's words. Holmgren's feelings about the offense were published everywhere off his press conference during the bye week. It's also the first time he said he was itching to coach again.
Is that what you meant?
-
sources?
sorry let me be more specific.. do you have a link to this? even though it is just one guy's opinion.. and when has holmgren said he wants to coach again?
sorry let me be more specific.. do you have a link to this? even though it is just one guy's opinion.. and when has holmgren said he wants to coach again?
Made a big stink when he said it in his bye week presser. Some people here and at the other board weren't real happy with him... said it was disrespectful to Mangini. Then he apparently just said it again to Greatham.
-
I love Josh Cribbs, however, nobody plays forever, and kick returners have the shortest lifetime of all.
I wish some folks would actually try to read what is said and the reasons behind it.
As for Cribbs he had great value last year. Now he has little value so the subject of trading him is now a mute point.
I hope he has a great season next year. He may have one or two good years left
I love Josh Cribbs, however, no plays forever, and kick returners have the shortest lifetime of all.
I wish some folks would actually try to read what is said and the reasons behind it.
As for Cribbs he had great value last year. Now he has little value so the subject of trading him is now a mute point.
I hope he has a great season next year. He may have one or two good years left
I really wish they could start him at RB a few times. Just to see how he does. I know he wont last that long doing what he does now but they also had like 2 or 3 other people return kicks this year even when he wasnt injured. I would wait until next season is over before I would even think about trading him unless I got a phone call and someone offered something I couldn't refuse lol
-
Running back?
Yeah and I wish they would start colt mccoy at wr
Now if I seen McCoy catch a 60 yard pass in double coverage and take it all the way to the endzone I would say give him a shot at the position and I know you would to.
If the Cribbs can run the ball 90 yards for a td on a kickoff return while breaking 10 tackles then why not try him at rb? Unless this is the first season you started watching the Browns then you should know what that dude can do.
McCoy at wr is different then Cribbs at rb. It's apples to oranges but then again you also think Gruden is the answer for the Browns so that doesn't say much now does it?
-
Well... Gruden has a better record than all but 4 current coaches and a Super Bowl ring.
-
Running back?
Yeah and I wish they would start colt mccoy at wr
Now if I seen McCoy catch a 60 yard pass in double coverage and take it all the way to the endzone I would say give him a shot at the position and I know you would to.
If the Cribbs can run the ball 90 yards for a td on a kickoff return while breaking 10 tackles then why not try him at rb? Unless this is the first season you started watching the Browns then you should know what that dude can do.
McCoy at wr is different then Cribbs at rb. It's apples to oranges but then again you also think Gruden is the answer for the Browns so that doesn't say much now does it?
Now if I seen McCoy catch a 60 yard pass in double coverage and take it all the way to the endzone I would say give him a shot at the position and I know you would to.
If the Cribbs can run the ball 90 yards for a td on a kickoff return while breaking 10 tackles then why not try him at rb? Unless this is the first season you started watching the Browns then you should know what that dude can do.
McCoy at wr is different then Cribbs at rb. It's apples to oranges but then again you also think Gruden is the answer for the Browns so that doesn't say much now does it?
Well I am sure your theory would work in Pee Wee football.
In the NFL being a good kick returner doesnt make you a good RB. Actually Cribbs would be a aweful RB, mine as well put Hodges at kick returner huh? Since he broke off that long run on the punt.
Your last comment, I am not sure I should even touch.. Your saying that since I think Gruden would be a better option than Mangini, that you cant take me seriously?
Really? Really??? I will say this only once, anyone who wants to compare mangini and gruden please do a little research.. All i ever hear is Gruden won with dungy's team (at least he won).. I never knew Dungy coached in Oakland...
Also please tell me what team Mangini has won with..
Jon Gruden wanted me to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
-
sorry let me be more specific.. do you have a link to this? even though it is just one guy's opinion.. and when has holmgren said he wants to coach again?
Made a big stink when he said it in his bye week presser. Some people here and at the other board weren't real happy with him... said it was disrespectful to Mangini. Then he apparently just said it again to Greatham.
Made a big stink when he said it in his bye week presser. Some people here and at the other board weren't real happy with him... said it was disrespectful to Mangini. Then he apparently just said it again to Greatham.
Until I hear if from Holmgren's mouth I call B.S... It is all just speculation cuz the media hates Mangini...
-
Made a big stink when he said it in his bye week presser. Some people here and at the other board weren't real happy with him... said it was disrespectful to Mangini. Then he apparently just said it again to Greatham.
Until I hear if from Holmgren's mouth I call B.S... It is all just speculation cuz the media hates Mangini...
Until I hear if from Holmgren's mouth I call B.S... It is all just speculation cuz the media hates Mangini...
Actually it has little to do with hate and more to do with twice as many losses than wins in 2 seasons.
I really don't get it? Blaming it on the media for mangini short comings..
Mangini is done, put a fork in him.. I'm sure he will land some where as a ball boy..
You will hear it from holmgrens mouth after the steeler game, on that Tuesday..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login