Bye Bye Mangini
-
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
-
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
I wouldn't mind holmgren at all..
Our d worries me. I'm excited about ward and haden, but our dline and lbs need a whole new make over. Colman is old, bowen and barton should retire and trusnik should only be on special teams.
Didn't mention schaffering, he should be given the guys gatorade on the sideline
-
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
I wouldn't mind holmgren at all..
Our d worries me. I'm excited about ward and haden, but our dline and lbs need a whole new make over. Colman is old, bowen and barton should retire and trusnik should only be on special teams.
Didn't mention schaffering, he should be given the guys gatorade on the sideline
I wouldn't mind holmgren at all..
Our d worries me. I'm excited about ward and haden, but our dline and lbs need a whole new make over. Colman is old, bowen and barton should retire and trusnik should only be on special teams.
Didn't mention schaffering, he should be given the guys gatorade on the sideline
Ward, Elam, and Haden look very promising. What concerns me is the speed of our defense. I would looooooove to draft a linebacker like Dontay Moch from Nevada. Moch is 6'1", 245 lbs., and runs a 4.42.
-
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
-
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.
Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.
-
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
Our team plays with the swagger of a cripple <--- thats from a song lol
And yes, I also wished Hillis would have said something in response to Lewis' comments, but I guess there are 2 ways you can view the situation.
1: Hillis needs to respond to Lewis and stick up for himself.
2: If Hillis responds, that just motivates Lewis to play that much harder. Giving the opponent extra motivation isn't good.
-
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.
Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.
Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.
Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
-
Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.
Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
Cuz Vickers is prone to friendly fire

Watch this Hillis post game interview. This is an example of him being the bigger man.
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cente...94-210271ed50f4
-
Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.
Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.
-
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.
I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.
But as where you want guys to mouth off before hand, I just want them to play, regardless of what was said about them or to them. Plus I also don't consider players quitters when they have reduced play when they are playing through an injury the received, an injury that we as normal people would get off work for which compared to football isn't shit.
-
I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.
But as where you want guys to mouth off before hand, I just want them to play, regardless of what was said about them or to them. Plus I also don't consider players quitters when they have reduced play when they are playing through an injury the received, an injury that we as normal people would get off work for which compared to football isn't shit.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
But as where you want guys to mouth off before hand, I just want them to play, regardless of what was said about them or to them. Plus I also don't consider players quitters when they have reduced play when they are playing through an injury the received, an injury that we as normal people would get off work for which compared to football isn't shit.I just wanted to see more energy out of our team. I like how haden carries himself on and off the field.
-
One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.
To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"
Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.
Our team plays with no swagger at all.
Our team plays with the swagger of a cripple <--- thats from a song lol
And yes, I also wished Hillis would have said something in response to Lewis' comments, but I guess there are 2 ways you can view the situation.
1: Hillis needs to respond to Lewis and stick up for himself.
2: If Hillis responds, that just motivates Lewis to play that much harder. Giving the opponent extra motivation isn't good.
Our team plays with the swagger of a cripple <--- thats from a song lol
And yes, I also wished Hillis would have said something in response to Lewis' comments, but I guess there are 2 ways you can view the situation.
1: Hillis needs to respond to Lewis and stick up for himself.
2: If Hillis responds, that just motivates Lewis to play that much harder. Giving the opponent extra motivation isn't good.
or
3. Hillis decides to be the bigger man and lets his skill do the talking for him rather then stoop down to the same level that Lewis is on. He didn't even acknowledge lewis which in my book is better then saying na na im better then you are.
Yea, trash talking is nice but he's injured so why run your mouth if your not 100% sure you can back it up?
-
Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..
YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?
Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?
You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with.During the game I think they said Hillis is responsible for either 70% or 80% of the rushing yards this year. I could be wrong.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with.During the game I think they said Hillis is responsible for either 70% or 80% of the rushing yards this year. I could be wrong.
During the game I think they said Hillis is responsible for either 70% or 80% of the rushing yards this year. I could be wrong.
It was something crazy like 87 % of rushing yards.
Hodges has 1.5% of rushing yards
-
-
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
Well, the look on Mnagini's face after the game spoke volumes- like the guy KNOWS he's toast. Not for lack of trying, or creativity on offense for a change. At this stage the Browns have to play error free football to win they didn't. Colt had a more typical rookie game. Massaquoi get stripped. Those picks and fumble were caused by Mangini, I suppose.
You can blame Magini for lousy clock management at the half, but little else. We don't have the horses, so fire the coach.
-
5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.
Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.
The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.
Well, the look on Mnagini's face after the game spoke volumes- like the guy KNOWS he's toast. Not for lack of trying, or creativity on offense for a change. At this stage the Browns have to play error free football to win they didn't. Colt had a more typical rookie game. Massaquoi get stripped. Those picks and fumble were caused by Mangini, I suppose.
You can blame Magini for lousy clock management at the half, but little else. We don't have the horses, so fire the coach.
We don't have the horses, so fire the coach.
The sad thing is the same could be said for all Browns coaches since 1999.
Revolving GMs and coaches, incremental and other high draft picks and the talent is still significantly below that of an NFL playoff contender.
Maybe Chris Palmer is still the best coach of the new Browns.
This season if very important to the Holmgren group, having a year under their belt.
-
We don't have the horses, so fire the coach.
The sad thing is the same could be said for all Browns coaches since 1999.
Revolving GMs and coaches, incremental and other high draft picks and the talent is still significantly below that of an NFL playoff contender.
Maybe Chris Palmer is still the best coach of the new Browns.
This season if very important to the Holmgren group, having a year under their belt.
The sad thing is the same could be said for all Browns coaches since 1999.
Revolving GMs and coaches, incremental and other high draft picks and the talent is still significantly below that of an NFL playoff contender.
Maybe Chris Palmer is still the best coach of the new Browns.
This season if very important to the Holmgren group, having a year under their belt.
Exactly what I've been saying John. The revolving door has got to stop sometime, and I hope it's now. We're in year two of a total rebuild, and because they're aren't (to some folks here's minds) instant results let's blow it up again and start over.
Some folks might not like Mangini's style- but it will win games- IF you don't make killing mistakes. The Browns were on their way until Massaquoi got stripped, and Colt threw the pick. B-more goes on a long drive, tires out an undermanned defense and the rest is history.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login