Bye Bye Mangini
-
Eric Mangini will be the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns next year.
-
Mangini isnt going anywhere this year, he won 5 games and to most browns fans and our gutless owner and president that is progress....ah hmmm the stuff that champions are made of...

As you can tell i dont care either way, i dislike mangini but can live with him as long as someone of class, knowledge and character is running the offense and mangini fuks off of trying to be an offensive guru because he isnt...
And if mangini is retained and if he tanks next year im bypassing complaints to holmgren and going straight for llerner because obviously holmgren would have been as bad a hire as mangini, now lets all kick back and prepare to enjoy an improved 6-10 record next year rather mangini is the coach or not..

-
On the national level, the LA Times (Farmer) just did an article on hot seat coaches, which of course included. Mangini. Basically said he's probably one who goes because his "grind it out" style doesn't mesh with his boss', who almost certainly wants to run a WCO directed by Colt McCoy.
It's probably Holmgren's last window to coach. I'm about 95% certain he's gonna take it. Mangini said he's meeting with Holmgren on Monday and I think he'll be fired soon after.
-
Let's bring this man to Cleveland:

-
there is a greater chance of mangini being the coach next over holmgren. holmgren wasn't very successful in juggling HC and GM duties in seattle, why would he do the same here with an even more demanding positition like president of football operations. it just doesn't make sense to me.
-
there is a greater chance of mangini being the coach next over holmgren. holmgren wasn't very successful in juggling HC and GM duties in seattle, why would he do the same here with an even more demanding positition like president of football operations. it just doesn't make sense to me.
there is a greater chance of mangini being the coach next over holmgren. holmgren wasn't very successful in juggling HC and GM duties in seattle, why would he do the same here with an even more demanding positition like president of football operations. it just doesn't make sense to me.
I don't want to see Holmgren coach just because of the fact that he will only be coaching for at most 5 years before he retires. The differeance between here and Seattle is that he is not the GM and he doesn't have to worry about drafting players and signing FA's.
-
Heckert's the GM. I think if Holmgren coaches (and I think he will) it's going to be a planned bridge to another coach running his systems in 2012 or 2013... like Gruden.
Honestly, I think it's gotta be a WCO guy so it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh goes to either SF or Carolina (with Luck), so that leaves Holmgren or Gruden. It might kind of be both, as in Holmgren now then Gruden in 2012. Maybe Gruden's son got it right.
-
Heckert's the GM. I think if Holmgren coaches (and I think he will) it's going to be a planned bridge to another coach running his systems in 2012 or 2013... like Gruden.
Honestly, I think it's gotta be a WCO guy so it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh goes to either SF or Carolina (with Luck), so that leaves Holmgren or Gruden. It might kind of be both, as in Holmgren now then Gruden in 2012. Maybe Gruden's son got it right.
Heckert's the GM. I think if Holmgren coaches (and I think he will) it's going to be a planned bridge to another coach running his systems in 2012 or 2013... like Gruden.
Honestly, I think it's gotta be a WCO guy so it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh goes to either SF or Carolina (with Luck), so that leaves Holmgren or Gruden. It might kind of be both, as in Holmgren now then Gruden in 2012. Maybe Gruden's son got it right.
But if this is Holmgren's "last chance" to coach then why would he only do it for 2-3 years?! I would think if he wants to coach, he will coach for a while...
-
Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.
-
So now there's a Gruden boner and a Lovie Smith boner?
To appease both parties, how about we bring in this guy:

Jon Gruden + Lovie Smith= John Smith.
-
So now there's a Gruden boner and a Lovie Smith boner?
To appease both parties, how about we bring in this guy:

Jon Gruden + Lovie Smith= John Smith.
Jon Gruden + Lovie Smith= John Smith.
What about Lovie Gruden?

-
Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.
Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.
Unless the bears get blown out in the second round of the playoffs (bears have at least the 2 seed), Lovie will get a contract extension... That said, I wouldn't want Lovie. Plus if Holmgren does pick a new coach, they will most likely be offensive minded.. I will also say that Mike Martz being the offensive coordinator this year for the bears has saved Lovie's job..
I am for giving mangini another year, but if Holmgren does pick a new coach (and if its not Holmgren himself), I would want John Fox.. and just to clear things up, no, Fox would not start Delhomme just because they would be reunited as coach and QB..
-
Jon Gruden + Lovie Smith= John Smith.
What about Lovie Gruden?

What about Lovie Gruden?

I couldn't find a picture of him. I looked everywhere.
-
-
-
This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP
A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything
and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else
-
And if he doesn't get fired you can't post for a year on the "Browns Board"..Make the bet? from Dec 2010 to Dec 2011
I'll take the other side and ban myself from posting for a year..All in..lets do it
LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!
The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!
LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!
The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!
Interesting predicament here.
-
I say 2:14 pm Monday January 3rd
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login