Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.

    @brownandorange said:

    Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.

    Unless the bears get blown out in the second round of the playoffs (bears have at least the 2 seed), Lovie will get a contract extension... That said, I wouldn't want Lovie. Plus if Holmgren does pick a new coach, they will most likely be offensive minded.. I will also say that Mike Martz being the offensive coordinator this year for the bears has saved Lovie's job..

    I am for giving mangini another year, but if Holmgren does pick a new coach (and if its not Holmgren himself), I would want John Fox.. and just to clear things up, no, Fox would not start Delhomme just because they would be reunited as coach and QB..

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Jon Gruden + Lovie Smith= John Smith.

    What about Lovie Gruden? 😉

    @brownandorange said:

    What about Lovie Gruden? 😉

    I couldn't find a picture of him. I looked everywhere.

  • ccpackgg.jpg
  • @wrrebel said:

    ccpackgg.jpg

    Woah that's creepy.

  • tumblr_lbmnp3zpkv1qclcbeo1_500.jpg
  • @wrrebel said:

    tumblr_lbmnp3zpkv1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

    Ratliff is just pissed off he has gotten cut twice...

  • This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP

    A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything

    and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else

  • @peterbell said:

    And if he doesn't get fired you can't post for a year on the "Browns Board"..Make the bet? from Dec 2010 to Dec 2011

    I'll take the other side and ban myself from posting for a year..All in..lets do it

    LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!

    The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!

    The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!

    Interesting predicament here.

  • I say 2:14 pm Monday January 3rd

  • Does everyone mean December 2011 and not December 2010? That would mean Mangini will get fired tonight within the next few hours 2 days before the last game of the season. You took a bad bet Buck. Happy New Year Browns Fans!

  • Does everyone mean December 2011 and not December 2010? That would mean Mangini will get fired tonight within the next few hours 2 days before the last game of the season. You took a bad bet Buck. Happy New Year Browns Fans!

    @bonedawg said:

    Does everyone mean December 2011 and not December 2010? That would mean Mangini will get fired tonight within the next few hours 2 days before the last game of the season. You took a bad bet Buck. Happy New Year Browns Fans!

    "Missed it by -that- much."

  • This was first posted in november so frown loses...hehehehe

  • @peterbell said:

    And if he doesn't get fired you can't post for a year on the "Browns Board"..Make the bet? from Dec 2010 to Dec 2011

    I'll take the other side and ban myself from posting for a year..All in..lets do it

    LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!

    The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    LMAO!!! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!

    You do realize that today is December 31, 2010, right? You prediction means he has to get fired in the next 3 hours and 13 minutes. Highly unlikely.

  • I still would not take that bet with peterbell because as much as many fans would like to see mangini thrown out on his ear there is legit reasons why holmgren could retain the genius, however none of them have anything to do with coaching..

  • I think mangini won't get fired, but the world will end in 2012, but he will be the only one who survives

  • MH gave him a year to improve. We do not have a worse record then last year and we have been in every game with not much of an overly talented team. We made the Pats and Saints look mediocre. Give him 1 more year and some more weapons on offense and I think we will be pretty good.

  • Mangini will hopefully be fired Jan 2 at half time..

    Why should the Browns give Mangini another year, to prove that he sucks.

    Unlike some of you I don't need another year for him to prove it to me!

  • This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP

    A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything

    and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else

    @rich4eagle said:

    This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP

    A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything

    and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else

    Yeah well Gruden can coach much better than this guy!

    omar-epps-5.jpg

  • NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

  • Mangini will hopefully be fired Jan 2 at half time..

    Why should the Browns give Mangini another year, to prove that he sucks.

    Unlike some of you I don't need another year for him to prove it to me!

    @wrrebel said:

    Mangini will hopefully be fired Jan 2 at half time..

    Why should the Browns give Mangini another year, to prove that he sucks.

    Unlike some of you I don't need another year for him to prove it to me!

    You've made that declaration 4,000,000,000 times which is roughly the same amount of times you've declared you're man love, man crush for Chucky..We get it already..seriously