Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • @next2nothing said:

    It might be bad coaching on some parts but how do the coaches have any part in Hillis fumbling or INT's thrown by Delhomme? How about Wright deciding he didn't want to cover anyone in that first Baltimore game?

    How about the fact that our WR corp is horrendous and our leading receiver is our freaking TE? Or how we have 11 guys on injured reserve? 11! That's one side of the ball on the injury list! This was a roster who could ill-afford too many injuries and look what happens. We lose 11 guys for the year and have to fill these spots with anyone we can.

    That's exactly my point. We've been in every game, we just don't have the weapons on both sides of the ball to get past those games like the contending teams do. Yet fans still want to gut the coaching staff because they claim there's been no improvement. We went from one year where we were destroyed almost the entire year to a year where we competed and were close with every team on our schedule but the Steelers and fans are calling for the coaches head.

    So let me ask you this... how long do you give the next coaching staff if this team isn't winning 9 or 10 games a year? Do you give them the same 2 years and out? How long do you give the next guy to rebuild this team before you want to axe him? The Browns will never get back to contention if they constantly change coaches every 2 years. That's a fact.

    I'm not saying you're wrong. But bad coaching should not add up to players mistakes. Coaching should help reduce their impact.

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    I'm not saying you're wrong. But bad coaching should not add up to players mistakes. Coaching should help reduce their impact.

    I totally get what you're saying and I do agree. I think Mangini has made some bad decisions this year and failed to make any decision when he needed to. I don't think Dabol is a great OC but he hasn't much to work with so I guess he could get some pass there but still good OC's find a way to utilize what they have. I don't think Ryan has done that great of a job but again he also does not have much to work with. I think our D has improved but our O is terrible and if not for Hillis we probably win 2 games this year.

    I'm just saying that some fans, not you, who are blaming all this on the coaches really need to look at the whole picture.

  • And, by the way, can someone smash that idiot smile away from Hines Ward's face? Possibly with a sledgehammer?

  • @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    I'm not saying you're wrong. But bad coaching should not add up to players mistakes. Coaching should help reduce their impact.

    I totally get what you're saying and I do agree. I think Mangini has made some bad decisions this year and failed to make any decision when he needed to. I don't think Dabol is a great OC but he hasn't much to work with so I guess he could get some pass there but still good OC's find a way to utilize what they have. I don't think Ryan has done that great of a job but again he also does not have much to work with. I think our D has improved but our O is terrible and if not for Hillis we probably win 2 games this year.

    I'm just saying that some fans, not you, who are blaming all this on the coaches really need to look at the whole picture.

    @next2nothing said:

    I totally get what you're saying and I do agree. I think Mangini has made some bad decisions this year and failed to make any decision when he needed to. But I'm just saying that some fans, not you, who are blaming all this on the coaches really need to look at the whole picture.

    Absolutely. It's not a new coaching staff that can make us instant contenders.

  • I think he knows that he will be fired. If he doesn't get fired then, I don't know what will happen.

  • He is probably thinking about what teams need and experienced ball boy

  • Dont worry little jake, football teams are always looking for experienced whistle blowing waterboys..

    If any team actually hires this halfwit they get what they deserve and i will have a team to laugh at for 2 seasons until he is fired again...

  • Holmgren looked pissed in the box...Bye bye mangini!

    Let the good times roll!

  • He knows he is going to be fired, so why the hell did we not go for it on 4th and goal? He has nothing to lose, if he wins, he will probably still get fired.

  • He was probably thinking if he will ever get a coaching job ever again

  • He was probably laughing at the fact that he tricked two franchises in hiring him...

    He may also be laughing on how bad he has tricked some of the fans

  • The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

  • The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

    @bodogjoe said:

    The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

    Thats the plus about Holmgren. Not only does he have the credibility, but he has already been here for a year and is familiar with every player on a personal level.

  • dude everyone talks about not getting rid of mangini cause there afraid of blowing up the team..

    Really 41-9, first off this team will be much different regardless is mangina stayed.. Dline needs an over haul, bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties. Bye bye Eric Barton, thanks for proving you play as old as you look. Bye Bye Kenyon Coleman. Bye Bye Abe Elam, you arent getting a big payday from us... Goes the same for Roth, unless you want to play for what your worth, hit the road..

  • UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

  • UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    @longhorn said:

    UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

  • dude everyone talks about not getting rid of mangini cause there afraid of blowing up the team..

    Really 41-9, first off this team will be much different regardless is mangina stayed.. Dline needs an over haul, bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties. Bye bye Eric Barton, thanks for proving you play as old as you look. Bye Bye Kenyon Coleman. Bye Bye Abe Elam, you arent getting a big payday from us... Goes the same for Roth, unless you want to play for what your worth, hit the road..

    @wrrebel said:

    bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties.

    I believe you mean encroachment?

  • @wrrebel said:

    bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties.

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    @brownandorange said:

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

  • @brownandorange said:

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

    @wrrebel said:

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

    No problem man, that's what I'm here for 😉

  • @longhorn said:

    UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

    @mark-o said:

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

    Good, then it M-U-S-T be true.

  • Wouldn't say that means it's true...just that it is a rumor that is out there.