Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • Holmgren looked pissed in the box...Bye bye mangini!

    Let the good times roll!

  • He knows he is going to be fired, so why the hell did we not go for it on 4th and goal? He has nothing to lose, if he wins, he will probably still get fired.

  • He was probably thinking if he will ever get a coaching job ever again

  • He was probably laughing at the fact that he tricked two franchises in hiring him...

    He may also be laughing on how bad he has tricked some of the fans

  • The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

  • The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

    @bodogjoe said:

    The only thing that concerns me about a new coach coming in, is the player buying into him. Which is a very tricky thing . I thought Mangini had them, but seems he lost grip. The amount of shifts done during a coaching change is vast - I just hope the transition goes smoothly. However smooth and Browns dont go together in a sentence.

    Thats the plus about Holmgren. Not only does he have the credibility, but he has already been here for a year and is familiar with every player on a personal level.

  • dude everyone talks about not getting rid of mangini cause there afraid of blowing up the team..

    Really 41-9, first off this team will be much different regardless is mangina stayed.. Dline needs an over haul, bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties. Bye bye Eric Barton, thanks for proving you play as old as you look. Bye Bye Kenyon Coleman. Bye Bye Abe Elam, you arent getting a big payday from us... Goes the same for Roth, unless you want to play for what your worth, hit the road..

  • UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

  • UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    @longhorn said:

    UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

  • dude everyone talks about not getting rid of mangini cause there afraid of blowing up the team..

    Really 41-9, first off this team will be much different regardless is mangina stayed.. Dline needs an over haul, bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties. Bye bye Eric Barton, thanks for proving you play as old as you look. Bye Bye Kenyon Coleman. Bye Bye Abe Elam, you arent getting a big payday from us... Goes the same for Roth, unless you want to play for what your worth, hit the road..

    @wrrebel said:

    bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties.

    I believe you mean encroachment?

  • @wrrebel said:

    bye shaun Rodgers, thanks for you 16 tackes this year and 1.5 sacks and 5 improachment penalties.

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    @brownandorange said:

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

  • @brownandorange said:

    I believe you mean encroachment?

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

    @wrrebel said:

    HAHAHA thanks.. I am officially never going to win a spelling contest..

    No problem man, that's what I'm here for 😉

  • @longhorn said:

    UCONN needs a coach. 🤔

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

    @mark-o said:

    Was mentioned on Twitter today by someone...

    Good, then it M-U-S-T be true.

  • Wouldn't say that means it's true...just that it is a rumor that is out there.

  • Holmgren looked pissed in the box...Bye bye mangini!

    Let the good times roll!

    @gips said:

    Holmgren looked pissed in the box...Bye bye mangini!

    Let the good times roll!

    He's pissed about all the empty seats and lost concession revenues in a game with our biggest rival..........yet two more reasons to cut Mangini loose tomorrow.

  • Grossi just now:

    Rebuilding totally might not be what Holmgren has in mind. At least one league source with knowledge of the situation believes the odds are strong that Holmgren will take over the coaching duties himself and install the West Coast offense that he learned under Bill Walsh and used to take Green Bay and Seattle to the Super Bowl.

    The source also believes that Holmgren might ask Mangini coordinators Rob Ryan (defense) and Brad Seely (special teams) to stay.

    It's possible that Holmgren will delay an announcement on Mangini's successor because he may have to conduct an interview first with a minority candidate to satisfy the NFL's Rooney Rule.

    Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, declined to say whether the rule might be averted in this unique circumstance. After all, the rule would put Holmgren in the position of interviewing a candidate for a job he intends to fill himself. "Let's wait and see what happens. We don't want to get into that type of discussion today," Aiello wrote in an email reply.

    If Holmgren still views McCoy as the team's quarterback of the future, it stands to reason that his development will be a major factor in choosing the team's next coach.

  • I hate the Rooney rule. How would you feel as a black under accomplish coordinator and being brought in for an interview knowing that your only there because of some rule and you are not going to get the job.

  • I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.

  • I hate the rooney rule also..

    Hey I was just thinking I have never seen a black fg kicker, can anyone think of one?

  • Chris Mortenson just said one marriage he believes is over is Mangini in Cleveland, perhaps announced as early as tomorrow.