Bye Bye Mangini
-
-
-
Grossi just now:
Rebuilding totally might not be what Holmgren has in mind. At least one league source with knowledge of the situation believes the odds are strong that Holmgren will take over the coaching duties himself and install the West Coast offense that he learned under Bill Walsh and used to take Green Bay and Seattle to the Super Bowl.
The source also believes that Holmgren might ask Mangini coordinators Rob Ryan (defense) and Brad Seely (special teams) to stay.
It's possible that Holmgren will delay an announcement on Mangini's successor because he may have to conduct an interview first with a minority candidate to satisfy the NFL's Rooney Rule.
Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, declined to say whether the rule might be averted in this unique circumstance. After all, the rule would put Holmgren in the position of interviewing a candidate for a job he intends to fill himself. "Let's wait and see what happens. We don't want to get into that type of discussion today," Aiello wrote in an email reply.
If Holmgren still views McCoy as the team's quarterback of the future, it stands to reason that his development will be a major factor in choosing the team's next coach.
-
I hate the Rooney rule. How would you feel as a black under accomplish coordinator and being brought in for an interview knowing that your only there because of some rule and you are not going to get the job.
-
I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.
-
Chris Mortenson just said one marriage he believes is over is Mangini in Cleveland, perhaps announced as early as tomorrow.
-
I hate the Rooney rule. How would you feel as a black under accomplish coordinator and being brought in for an interview knowing that your only there because of some rule and you are not going to get the job.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I hate the Rooney rule. How would you feel as a black under accomplish coordinator and being brought in for an interview knowing that your only there because of some rule and you are not going to get the job.I think I would rather be given a chance because I am a minority then to be never given a chance because I am a minority You never know what can happen after an interview.
-
I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.
I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.
I give you guys credit those who go out to the stadium for the home games. Its easy for me being a direct tv Sunday ticket guy out west to cheer from the sideline. I don't know how you do it honestly, I would have been kicked out of the staidum a long time ago..if u do give away ur tickets my money has it we make the play offs.. that would be my luck if I did that
-
I hate the rooney rule also..
Hey I was just thinking I have never seen a black fg kicker, can anyone think of one?
-
I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.
I wasn't going to even post tonight as this loss just sucks as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sick of dragging my fat ass down to that sterile stadium to watch this bullshit. I don't know whether Mangini should stay or go, or Rob Ryan, Dabol, Holmgren or anyone else whose finger prints are all over this piece of shit franchise. I'm considering giving my tickets up to charity next year, retaining my PSL, and taking a year off. Attend a couple of games, but not all of them. This shit is just getting old. Between the meaningless preseason games to the meaningless last few games, having tickets to all the games is a negative. Going to a few nice weather games during the middle of the season before we are eliminated from contention is fun ... but this other shit sucks and is actually embarrassing to still hold tickets n 2010.
I hear ya...I think I want this team to win and be successful more because of fans like you and Ed and the rest who are there week in and week out supporting this team. It's a whole lot easier being a Browns fan from 3000 miles away when we suck like we did today.
-
Just watched video of Mangin's last press conference as Brown's coach. Seems like the worse the loss the more he smacks his lips when he speaks to the press. JTIOT
-
I want a coach that will wear his heart on his sleeve, like Rex Ryan. A coach that isn't afraid to take risks, plays aggressively, and doesn't bullshit, just tells it the way it is.
These are all pretty much the opposite of Mangini. Mangini is the king of bullshit.
-
I want a coach that will wear his heart on his sleeve, like Rex Ryan. A coach that isn't afraid to take risks, plays aggressively, and doesn't bullshit, just tells it the way it is.
These are all pretty much the opposite of Mangini. Mangini is the king of bullshit.
I want a coach that will wear his heart on his sleeve, like Rex Ryan. A coach that isn't afraid to take risks, plays aggressively, and doesn't bullshit, just tells it the way it is.
These are all pretty much the opposite of Mangini. Mangini is the king of bullshit.
I wouldn't call Mangini the king of bullshit... He is just overly conservative with his playcalling. What I don't get is what happened to the aggressive playcalling that won both the saints and patriot games? There were a bunch of trick plays and we went for it on 4th down a few times. After that, we seemed to go back to ultra conservative playcalling. And I am mostly talking about our offense here.
I like Rex Ryan to some extent, but I don't want a coach that says "we will win the Super Bowl next year." He really looked stupid after that game vs. the pats on monday night. He is just too arrogant. You can be confident, outgoing, and coach an aggressive game, but don't make rediculous predictions... especially when you can't back them up (obviously I will eat my words if they win it all but I highly doubt it).
-
I want a coach that will wear his heart on his sleeve, like Rex Ryan. A coach that isn't afraid to take risks, plays aggressively, and doesn't bullshit, just tells it the way it is.
These are all pretty much the opposite of Mangini. Mangini is the king of bullshit.
I wouldn't call Mangini the king of bullshit... He is just overly conservative with his playcalling. What I don't get is what happened to the aggressive playcalling that won both the saints and patriot games? There were a bunch of trick plays and we went for it on 4th down a few times. After that, we seemed to go back to ultra conservative playcalling. And I am mostly talking about our offense here.
I like Rex Ryan to some extent, but I don't want a coach that says "we will win the Super Bowl next year." He really looked stupid after that game vs. the pats on monday night. He is just too arrogant. You can be confident, outgoing, and coach an aggressive game, but don't make rediculous predictions... especially when you can't back them up (obviously I will eat my words if they win it all but I highly doubt it).
What I don't get is what happened to the aggressive playcalling that won both the saints and patriot games?
Exactly! He knows he is going to be fired, so why the hell didn't we go for it on 4th and goal when were down 14-0? He clearly has nothing to lose!
And what I mean as "The King of Bullshit" is during his press conferences and interviews, he is so non-direct when answering questions and tries desperately to avoid questions that he does not want to answer.
-
What I don't get is what happened to the aggressive playcalling that won both the saints and patriot games?
Exactly! He knows he is going to be fired, so why the hell didn't we go for it on 4th and goal when were down 14-0? He clearly has nothing to lose!
And what I mean as "The King of Bullshit" is during his press conferences and interviews, he is so non-direct when answering questions and tries desperately to avoid questions that he does not want to answer.
Exactly! He knows he is going to be fired, so why the hell didn't we go for it on 4th and goal when were down 14-0? He clearly has nothing to lose!
And what I mean as "The King of Bullshit" is during his press conferences and interviews, he is so non-direct when answering questions and tries desperately to avoid questions that he does not want to answer.
That's the Bellicheck way... A lot of coaches do this actually. And in a way, it makes sense. Otherwise, the media can use what you said and twist it in a way that you had not intended.
For example, today the media asked a stupid question about why we had not improved as much as the Chiefs, Rams, and Buccaneers. He didn't really answer this question because he loses no matter how he answers it. If he says it is because of our lack of talent or his coaching it reflects badly on him, and if he tells the truth (see below) he comes across as whiney and full of excuses...
Plus, those three teams have had cupcake schedules. St. Louis has beaten 1 team with a winning record (the chargers). Tampa Bay has beaten 1 team with a winning record (the saints). Again, the Chiefs have beaten 1 team with a winning record (the chargers). We had the 3rd toughest schedule and still beat 2 winning football teams (saints, patriots) and were in a ton of close games...
-
Well Mangini is gone and I sure would like to see Gary Patterson
-
Well Mangini is gone and I sure would like to see Gary Patterson
Well Mangini is gone and I sure would like to see Gary Patterson
I don't care if we hire Zombo as HC, TheClevelandSound as OC, and ATENEARS as DC, let's just win!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
