Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Brian Robiske

Brian Robiske

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
24 Posts 14 Posters 2.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PeytonHillis P
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    P PeytonHillis wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Anyone see his great catch? Hopefully he keeps getting the ball and can develop into a great receiver. Heres a link for the people who haven't seen.

    Go Browns, Cavs, Indians, Buckeyes, and Blue Jackets
    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • tshirtfan T
      • 131 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      T tshirtfan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?

      T 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • medicineman medicinemanM
        • 2k Posts
        • 185 Reputation
        medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Im not to impressed. Im glad we scored and it was a nice play but he really didn't to shit this year and this is his second season. What really impressed me was he knew where the endzone was.

        1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • T tshirtfan

          I hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?

          Thomas5737 T
          • 167 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @tshirtfan said:

          I hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?

          No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

          medicinemanM 1 Reply Last reply
          ❤
          Quote Reply
          • T Thomas5737

            @tshirtfan said:

            I hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?

            No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

            medicineman medicinemanM
            • 2k Posts
            • 185 Reputation
            medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @thomas5737 said:

            No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

            Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

            T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • medicinemanM medicineman

              @thomas5737 said:

              No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

              Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

              Thomas5737 T
              • 167 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @medicineman said:

              Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

              Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

              Still, I hope i'm wrong

              medicinemanM D 2 Replies Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • T Thomas5737

                @medicineman said:

                Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

                Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

                Still, I hope i'm wrong

                medicineman medicinemanM
                • 2k Posts
                • 185 Reputation
                medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @thomas5737 said:

                Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

                Still, I hope i'm wrong

                I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

                T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • medicinemanM medicineman

                  @thomas5737 said:

                  Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

                  Still, I hope i'm wrong

                  I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

                  Thomas5737 T
                  • 167 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @medicineman said:

                  I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

                  I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.

                  Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc...

                  BrownsKiddB 1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
                    • 891 Posts
                    • 80 Reputation
                    tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    look I know everybody does not like Robo, but the fact is he does not get the ball thrown to him that much..How many drop balls does he have??? I am not sayin he is great at all, but if we add a Stud WR his number will go up ALOT...He can catch the ball he will be a solid pro, he just will not blow you away with WOW catches

                    WRREBELW 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • tampadawgsT tampadawgs

                      look I know everybody does not like Robo, but the fact is he does not get the ball thrown to him that much..How many drop balls does he have??? I am not sayin he is great at all, but if we add a Stud WR his number will go up ALOT...He can catch the ball he will be a solid pro, he just will not blow you away with WOW catches

                      WRREBEL WRREBELW
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 87 Reputation
                      WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @tampadawgs said:

                      look I know everybody does not like Robo, but the fact is he does not get the ball thrown to him that much..How many drop balls does he have??? I am not sayin he is great at all, but if we add a Stud WR his number will go up ALOT...He can catch the ball he will be a solid pro, he just will not blow you away with WOW catches

                      There is a reason he doesn't get thrown the ball, its called not being open or being covered.

                      I would love robo if he could run a 40 in under 5 seconds.

                      I bet hodges could beat him in a 40 yard dash

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • pizzadeliveryguy P
                        • 632 Posts
                        • 15 Reputation
                        P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I'm not sold either but at least he finally showed some signs of life. It is pretty well known that most WRs that aren't just physical specimen take 2 years to start showing promise in the NFL. I'm still holding out hope that this will be the case with Robiskie. I would guess that the odds of that happening are slim though.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • T Thomas5737

                          @medicineman said:

                          Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

                          Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

                          Still, I hope i'm wrong

                          DawgTracker D
                          • 774 Posts
                          • 1 Reputation
                          D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @thomas5737 said:

                          Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

                          Still, I hope i'm wrong

                          I had exactly the same thoughts and I too am a buckeye fan. He can be a great zone buster but will never be great against press coverage. Agree that I hope he proves me wrong

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • T Thomas5737

                            @medicineman said:

                            I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

                            I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.

                            Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc...

                            BrownsKidd BrownsKiddB Very Popular Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 102 Reputation
                            BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by BrownsKidd
                            #13

                            @thomas5737 said:

                            I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.

                            Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc

                            And that's the key, I will take these guys over a T.O., Crabtree, etc., than a loud mouhted egotisitical it's-everyone-else's-fault-but-mine" wideout.

                            Here is the difference though. Chemistry. And the fact that a QB like Brady has the balls to throw in tight coverate and has the confidence in his WR's to go and catch those balls. We don't have one QB yet right now that has the tenacity to make those throws that you see Brady, Manning's, Brees throw...

                            And let me remind everyone of a WR from back in the day... Brian Brennan. Anyone remember how he was always the clutch 3rd down receiver. Would play in the coldest weather and never wore any gloves and I can't remember him ever dropping a ball thrown his way.

                            Check out this clip. Almost looks like the play Robiskie made..

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Nw220 N
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 27 Reputation
                              N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              He basically just hasnt had the right kind of system around him i gurantee you if he was on the patriots with there dink and donk small pass game he would be great he is a find the open zone coverage kind of player not a stretch the field or anything else, with McCoy now starting i can see him becoming somewhat dependable but still not worthy of where we drafted him as long as he does something opposed to what he as been doing prior to last week then i will be thankful

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • shepwrite S
                                • 814 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

                                I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

                                Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • S shepwrite

                                  I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

                                  I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

                                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 241 Reputation
                                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @shepwrite said:

                                  I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

                                  I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

                                  I honestly think that Stuckey will get cut before Robiskie.

                                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                                  P WRREBELW 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                    @shepwrite said:

                                    I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

                                    I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

                                    I honestly think that Stuckey will get cut before Robiskie.

                                    PeytonHillis P
                                    • 20 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    P PeytonHillis wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                    I honestly think that Stuckey will get cut before Robiskie.

                                    I am really angry with Stuckey. He wasn't worth the Edwards deal at all. I mean I know we had to trade Edwards but for Stuckey. Man that sucked. Stuckey already cost us 1 game with that fumble.

                                    Go Browns, Cavs, Indians, Buckeyes, and Blue Jackets
                                    Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • P PeytonHillis

                                      Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                      I honestly think that Stuckey will get cut before Robiskie.

                                      I am really angry with Stuckey. He wasn't worth the Edwards deal at all. I mean I know we had to trade Edwards but for Stuckey. Man that sucked. Stuckey already cost us 1 game with that fumble.

                                      Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                      • 3k Posts
                                      • 241 Reputation
                                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @peytonhillis said:

                                      I am really angry with Stuckey. He wasn't worth the Edwards deal at all. I mean I know we had to trade Edwards but for Stuckey. Man that sucked. Stuckey already cost us 1 game with that fumble.

                                      Any game you watch you will see Stuckey have at least one bad play that hurts the team some how. Like you said he had the fumble that lost us the jets game, he had the dropped punt that lost any momentum we had during the Steelers game. Most of the time it's just not being able to get the first down on 3rd, but other times it's a dropped ball, batted pass for an int, or a fumble. I think we could at least put Robo in the slot to see what he can do.

                                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Speedyd900rr S
                                        • 823 Posts
                                        • 10 Reputation
                                        S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Stuckey gets the ball alot more then Robo so its safe to assume he will have more bad plays.

                                        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • S Speedyd900rr

                                          Stuckey gets the ball alot more then Robo so its safe to assume he will have more bad plays.

                                          Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 241 Reputation
                                          Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @speedyd900rr said:

                                          Stuckey gets the ball alot more then Robo so its safe to assume he will have more bad plays.

                                          Robo only has 10 less catches this year than Stuckey, but I can think of countless plays where Stuckey made a huge mistake and I can only think of about 2 of the same mistakes that Robo made. Besides Stuckey plays in the slot allowing him to get open more than Robiskie.

                                          Ruining threads since 1897.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate