Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Where's the Passion?

Where's the Passion?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 8 Posters 926 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jobro J
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    J Jobro wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi All,

    Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

    nickersN WRREBELW GipsG 3 Replies Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • J Jobro

      Hi All,

      Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

      I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 14k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @jobro said:

      Hi All,

      Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

      I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

      Agreed and well said...welcome to TBB.

      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • J Jobro

        Hi All,

        Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

        I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

        WRREBEL WRREBELW
        • 2k Posts
        • 87 Reputation
        WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @jobro said:

        Hi All,

        Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

        I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

        Y

        You summed up my feelings pretty good.

        Don't worry gruden is a fiery guy.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jasont44094 J
          • 225 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Umm, the field goal was before halftime.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • mike M
            • 4 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            M mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I drove six hours to see a pitiful game. Same as last year and the year before. I can only travel to one home game each season, and I always go to the game in Cinci which is 90 miles away. Lots of empy seats yesterday, and it wasn't because it was as cold as a witch's titty in a brass bra. The coaching sucks, and it is time for a change. Gruden won't go to Cleveland now that San Fran is looking. See you next year!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DawgTracker D
              • 774 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
              #6

              imho when you are outmanned it is hard to tell if a team is playing with passion. Hayden certainly played with passion. Some of our Dlinemen and some linebackers are in over their heads. They could play the most passionate game possible and just hold their own.

              I didn't mind a field goal at that point of the game and most coaches would have kicked one. It gave us the momentum heading into half time.

              I really minded the interception later one when we were deep in their territory. That field goal would have made it a one score game.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
                • 645 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I suppose you are all anxious for a new "process" to begin then ? 🙄

                Can't wait for the first Chucky Cheese spin session. 😵

                NewEraDawg
                1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • J Jobro

                  Hi All,

                  Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

                  I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

                  Gips GipsG
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 34 Reputation
                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @jobro said:

                  Hi All,

                  Lifelong Browns here (back to RR88 days) - will never waver in my love & support for this team. Having said that, it's been a real chore to watch these last 3 weeks in particular as IMO there's a real lack of passion by both the coaching staff & the players. It seems as though Mangini & co. are playing not to win, but to keep the score as close to possible, which @ this point of the season is redundant. I just don't get it - why are you kicking a field goal in Cincy on 4th & goal when you're behind late in the game? What's it going to hurt by showing some faith in the players & letting them go for it? Same thing with clock management in both the Buf & Bal games, as well as the timid play calling for the most part? I'm well aware of the talent gap in a few positions, such as WR & LB, but come on, I've seen less talented teams do a lot more than these Browns, or at least they were exciting to watch. It's almost like Mangini & the boys think they're a college team & are trying to protect their ranking so that they can qualify for a bowl game... the point is to win, not to be close!

                  I guess what I'm trying to say is that, as many of you are, I'm weary of the constant rinse cycle that this team is on. Just please get some people in here that are passionate about the game of football & are willing to adapt to the given situation - that is, they can improvise on the fly. I could care less who it is (my personal choice would be Jim Harbaugh), but my hope is that they can inspire the players & coaching staff to play to WIN.

                  I think you smacked the nail on the head and welcome to the board!

                  While the browns arent the most talented team in the league they also are far from one of the best coached teams in the league, the players have imo not been trusted nor have their strengths been utilized enough its not rocket science and this team if it had been properly coached and evaluated can win games...

                  I am also sick of the coaching carousel but i also realize mangini isnt going to take us were we want to go and its better to spin the wheel now as opposed to losing another season or two only to spin the wheel anyways..

                  Lets hope holmgren brings us an offensive minded and firey coach that wont accept losing as part of a process..

                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate