WR's Around The League We Should Look At
-
Currently we have two solid receivers In Edwards and Stallworth but this year they have left much to be desired, next year they could shape up and play to expectations, but what if one of them is let go or traded where does that leave us? Also, what do we do about our third receiver? The videos of Hubbard look promising(
and ) but he was riding our practice squad earlier this year. Steptoe could be a potential solution but is he consistent enough?In case our current situtaion doesnt work out, there are some recievers around the league that I think we should take a look at.
Chad Ocho Cinco
This man really needs no introduction, hes fast, he's got amazing hands, and he can jump, he is Ocho Cinco. With his problems in Cinci he might be shopped this offseason and I think we can get him in a trade, he brings enthusiasm, comedy, and a desire to win. He's still young and is having an off year, picture BQ throwing to Chad
Anquan Boldin
I dont think there is a receiver in this league that is more suited to BQ than this guy. He is a free agent after this season and has said he wanted to leave Arizona in the beginning of the year, we can definately pay him. He has been an absolute Beast this season amassing 1,083 yds 89 receptions and 11 touchdowns and he hasnt even played every game this year due to a broken nose. He is one of the most physical recievers in the league and would be great up in the AFC north.
Steve Breaston
Yet another Arizona reciever, their 3rd reciever actually who has posted multiple 100+ yd games this year, he is also an amazing punt and kick returner, he could return punts which would take a load off of Cribbs duties do we could utilize him more in the offensive game plan, I think Breaston could be a viable number 2 guy, and he's definately one of the best #3's in the league.
Marques Colston
He is a free agent in 09 and would be a great addition to our squad. Teams like Arizona and Cinci have set the bar as far as the passing games go with 2 or more #1 recievers on their squad and the Browns should follow suit. Colston has presence and forces the D to account for him, no way a d can cover him, Braylon Stallworth and Winslow.
I will add more as we go along if anyone else has any suggestions...
-
No to Ocho Cinco. Don't need the headache.
No way Arizona lets Boldin leave. He's too valuable and they know it.
Breaston is interesting, because Arizona isn't gonna pay THREE WRs top dollar, are they. Perhaps Braylon's 2nd banana at Michigan can reprise that role here...
For Colston, see Boldin.
Afraid to say, our best/most realistic option might be Stallworth.
-
Currently we have two solid receivers In Edwards and Stallworth but this year they have left much to be desired, next year they could shape up and play to expectations, but what if one of them is let go or traded where does that leave us? Also, what do we do about our third receiver? The videos of Hubbard look promising(
and ) but he was riding our practice squad earlier this year. Steptoe could be a potential solution but is he consistent enough?In case our current situtaion doesnt work out, there are some recievers around the league that I think we should take a look at.
Chad Ocho Cinco
This man really needs no introduction, hes fast, he's got amazing hands, and he can jump, he is Ocho Cinco. With his problems in Cinci he might be shopped this offseason and I think we can get him in a trade, he brings enthusiasm, comedy, and a desire to win. He's still young and is having an off year, picture BQ throwing to Chad
Anquan Boldin
I dont think there is a receiver in this league that is more suited to BQ than this guy. He is a free agent after this season and has said he wanted to leave Arizona in the beginning of the year, we can definately pay him. He has been an absolute Beast this season amassing 1,083 yds 89 receptions and 11 touchdowns and he hasnt even played every game this year due to a broken nose. He is one of the most physical recievers in the league and would be great up in the AFC north.
Steve Breaston
Yet another Arizona reciever, their 3rd reciever actually who has posted multiple 100+ yd games this year, he is also an amazing punt and kick returner, he could return punts which would take a load off of Cribbs duties do we could utilize him more in the offensive game plan, I think Breaston could be a viable number 2 guy, and he's definately one of the best #3's in the league.
Marques Colston
He is a free agent in 09 and would be a great addition to our squad. Teams like Arizona and Cinci have set the bar as far as the passing games go with 2 or more #1 recievers on their squad and the Browns should follow suit. Colston has presence and forces the D to account for him, no way a d can cover him, Braylon Stallworth and Winslow.
I will add more as we go along if anyone else has any suggestions...
Currently we have two solid receivers In Edwards and Stallworth but this year they have left much to be desired, next year they could shape up and play to expectations, but what if one of them is let go or traded where does that leave us? Also, what do we do about our third receiver? The videos of Hubbard look promising( and ) but he was riding our practice squad earlier this year. Steptoe could be a potential solution but is he consistent enough?
In case our current situtaion doesnt work out, there are some recievers around the league that I think we should take a look at.
Chad Ocho Cinco
This man really needs no introduction, hes fast, he's got amazing hands, and he can jump, he is Ocho Cinco. With his problems in Cinci he might be shopped this offseason and I think we can get him in a trade, he brings enthusiasm, comedy, and a desire to win. He's still young and is having an off year, picture BQ throwing to Chad
Anquan Boldin
I dont think there is a receiver in this league that is more suited to BQ than this guy. He is a free agent after this season and has said he wanted to leave Arizona in the beginning of the year, we can definately pay him. He has been an absolute Beast this season amassing 1,083 yds 89 receptions and 11 touchdowns and he hasnt even played every game this year due to a broken nose. He is one of the most physical recievers in the league and would be great up in the AFC north.
Steve Breaston
Yet another Arizona reciever, their 3rd reciever actually who has posted multiple 100+ yd games this year, he is also an amazing punt and kick returner, he could return punts which would take a load off of Cribbs duties do we could utilize him more in the offensive game plan, I think Breaston could be a viable number 2 guy, and he's definately one of the best #3's in the league.
Marques Colston
He is a free agent in 09 and would be a great addition to our squad. Teams like Arizona and Cinci have set the bar as far as the passing games go with 2 or more #1 recievers on their squad and the Browns should follow suit. Colston has presence and forces the D to account for him, no way a d can cover him, Braylon Stallworth and Winslow.
I will add more as we go along if anyone else has any suggestions...
Um>>>Let's see..How bout a TE...cuz QUinn can't throw the ball farther than 15 yards......You saw how many balls Edwards caught huh>>>
-
Actually, I was at the Texans game when Quinn threw that nice bomb to Braylon in the first half. Quinn's arm is just as strong if not stronger than Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings, if you check scout.com it says one of his positives coming out of college is his arm strength.
http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&...amp;nid=2477577
It states:
"Nice-sized, strong-armed pocket passer with a great amount of upside. Patient, calm under pressure and buys time for receivers. Gets outside the pocket to give himself a better view of the field, has a quick, over-the-top delivery and immediately gets the ball out of his hand. Zips the outs, Pos:sesses a good deep arm and drives passes into the tight spots. Flashes the ability to beautifully place throws where only his target can make the reception. Consistently challenges the vertical game. Puts touch on throws when necessary."
Back on Topic, I think we could get Boldin if we really tried, and the same for Chad. I like chad actually, I dont think he's a headache at all, I find him up-beat and entertaining, plus I dont think anyone cares more about the game than he does, he was tearin up and pissed off when the Bengals went 4-1, thats heart, thats what we need
-
Here are some free agent receiving options. I've included their stats from this season.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals
- - 92 catches, 904 yards, 4 TD
- - 80 catches, 1,171 yards, 7 TD
- - 41 catches, 439 yards, 0 TD
- - 46 catches, 564 yards, 4 TD
- - 30 catches, 764 yards, 3 TD
- - 43 catches, 503 yards, 3 TD
- - 35 catches, 332 yards, 1 TD
- - 38 catches, 468 yards, 2 TD
- - 39 catches, 436 yards, 1 TD
- - 38 catches, 517 yards, 4 TD
- - 36 catches, 397 yards, 0 TD
- - 35 catches, 348 yards, 3 TD
- - 29 catches, 401 yards, 0 TD
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals
-
after housh.. I would not take anyone on that list for a guy who is not even on that list...Lance moore.. scored 7 weeks in a row for the saints this year as the #3 guy..that is the kind of production we need. Steptoe... should not even make the roster of a contending team.. the recieving corps this year was a joke. We need 3 veterans to come into camp... and make the roster for the 3,4,5 spots. I also like hank baskett, miles austin, bryant johnson (who is on that list), and dane looker for those 3,4,5 spots.
-
I dont know why but for some reason I dont really like Housh, He's consistent and all, and he gets big numbers, but I think his success is amplified by having Chad being double and triple covered on the field, he is also targeted on alot of curl routes. I dont think he'd do well anywhere besides cinci, plus, theyre gonna Franchise him this offseason
-
now actually, the more I think about it, the more I think crabtree is a sexy pick in the draft....
or is his highlight video produced that damn good
The temptation is sickening... stay focused... Maualuga maualuga maualuga....
-
Colston wears #12, why ? Is he another Cribbs ??
Receivers generally wear the 80's unless they're a multi talent. Ie.; Cribbs, Stewart (years ago in Pitts).
-
Colston wears #12, why ? Is he another Cribbs ??
Receivers generally wear the 80's unless they're a multi talent. Ie.; Cribbs, Stewart (years ago in Pitts).
-
-
Actually it was Boldin who was having fits with the coaching staff, & he's a free agent, but he is likely to get franchised
-
No to Ocho Cinco. Don't need the headache.
No way Arizona lets Boldin leave. He's too valuable and they know it.
Breaston is interesting, because Arizona isn't gonna pay THREE WRs top dollar, are they. Perhaps Braylon's 2nd banana at Michigan can reprise that role here...
For Colston, see Boldin.
Afraid to say, our best/most realistic option might be Stallworth.
mz. said:
No to Ocho Cinco. Don't need the headache.No way Arizona lets Boldin leave. He's too valuable and they know it.
Breaston is interesting, because Arizona isn't gonna pay THREE WRs top dollar, are they. Perhaps Braylon's 2nd banana at Michigan can reprise that role here...
For Colston, see Boldin.
Afraid to say, our best/most realistic option might be Stallworth.
It probably will be Stallworth unless they want to eat a big cap hit. Then again, Pioli and McDaniels had no interest in keeping him in NE after his best year as a pro.
Looking for a receiver.......................draft one. The problem with this team is they wanted to build a solid core through FA while winning teams are building their teams through the draft.
-
I just wanted to bump this thread back up due to all the Edwards trade talk going around, we might need a WR
Someone here was talking about shopping Edwards for Boldin, I actually think this is possible, what about going for ocho?
Oh, and if someone is willing to give us a 1st rounder next year for him, I have quite the draft choice, Randy Moss/Boldin hybrid, check this guy out:
Dez Bryant
He's sick.... the only problem is speed, I dont see him burnin folks
-
Can we trade for Darren McFadden? Too bad the this ain't Madden cuz I traded J-Lew str8 up for McFadden

-
@shepwrite said:
It's gotta be tough on the cap to pay two guys like big-time #1 WRs... and I say that for the Cardinals and Browns. Most teams pay one guy that kind of jack and then have a reliable "possession receiver" opposite him. Sometimes that guy evolves into more, like Houshmadilla and Wayne.Plus, the Browns have Winslow. In theory, at least, the Big Two are former Pro Bowlers Edwards and Winslow.
It seemed to me that both guys thrived when the other receiver was a big possession receiver (Joe J.). Stallworth could move into the slot and be replaced by someone like Bryant Johnson or a third round pick who doesn't have to be crazy fast. And Joe J. is coming back.
I think both Steptoe and Hubbard will be on the roster next year, with an eye toward Hubbard becoming a #2, which might be a little pie-in-the-sky at this point, but who knows. He's big and he can run and jump.
No, the Browns do not have Winslow.
-
Actually it was Boldin who was having fits with the coaching staff, & he's a free agent, but he is likely to get franchised
Actually it was Boldin who was having fits with the coaching staff, & he's a free agent, but he is likely to get franchised
i like Malluguguguga too.
where is he falling in the draft? seems like a stud player. i'm surprised more people aren't talking bout him.
-
Now that Stallworth may be potentially gone, we should re-surface this and start thinking seriously.
I say we make a move to get breaston, too bad we got rid of WInslow because I would have done that trade straight up. How about DA for breaston and a third or fourth?
-
Steve Breaston....A 5th round find from the Big Ten. Ya just gotta get lucky with these picks sometimes!
-
TheJokersWILD said:
I'd like to see them coach up Lance Leggett. Good physical tools but can't catch the ball. If he can just hang on to the ball would be a nice addition.He's definitely a big kid! I like those big WR's. I never saw him play much. Any videos on Youtube?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login