Skip to content

Pro Bowl

The Browns Board
21 17 2.7k
  • Congrats Joe

  • Joe Thomas was named starter for the Pro Bowl. Eric Steinbach earned his 4th 2nd alternative spot with Alex Mack and Peyton Hillis.

  • Hodges should have made it. The guy has been unbelievable this year.

  • Joe thomas is a stud.

    We should have had more pro bowl players.

    Joe haden should have been selected, how the browns started eric wright for so long over him is nuts.

    Haden would dunk over mccourtey

  • Joe thomas is a stud.

    We should have had more pro bowl players.

    Joe haden should have been selected, how the browns started eric wright for so long over him is nuts.

    Haden would dunk over mccourtey

    @wrrebel said:

    Haden would dunk over mccourtey

    just like gruden would right?

  • @wrrebel said:

    Haden would dunk over mccourtey

    just like gruden would right?

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    just like gruden would right?

    Let the man have his boner.

  • Congrats to Joe...Glad we have him in Cleveland!

    Haden...Let him start for a full season & he'll be there.

    Hodges & Dawson...BOTH should be there.....If there's a BETTER kicking tandem, I haven't seen it!!!

    Mike

  • Where are the entire pro-bowl rosters? I cant imagine 1 FB better than Vickers, let alone 3. I just dont understand how you can lead the fan vote and not make it?

    I think there should be some sort of rule there like if you missed x-amount of games you cant make it (this would apply to Cribbs or something), but Steinbach got snubbed again.

    Hillis should be in, and I believe TJ Ward deserves consideration.

  • Where are the entire pro-bowl rosters? I cant imagine 1 FB better than Vickers, let alone 3. I just dont understand how you can lead the fan vote and not make it?

    I think there should be some sort of rule there like if you missed x-amount of games you cant make it (this would apply to Cribbs or something), but Steinbach got snubbed again.

    Hillis should be in, and I believe TJ Ward deserves consideration.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Where are the entire pro-bowl rosters? I cant imagine 1 FB better than Vickers, let alone 3. I just dont understand how you can lead the fan vote and not make it?

    I think there should be some sort of rule there like if you missed x-amount of games you cant make it (this would apply to Cribbs or something), but Steinbach got snubbed again.

    Hillis should be in, and I believe TJ Ward deserves consideration.

    It doesn't work that way- it takes you longer than it should to get in (rookies almost never make it) , and you stick around longer than you should- on reputation. That's the only reason Ray Lewis is the starter this year. Ed Reed missed a bunch of games.

    Pro Bowl Rosters? Here

    And don't be a homer- Hillis is only seventh in the AFC in yards- and Ward is a rookie. Vickers did get snubbed- but that's another Pro Bowl bias- losing teams get shafted on a regular basis. The Bills and Bengals got shut out, although it could be argued Withworth from the Bengals had a better year than Thomas.

  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Where are the entire pro-bowl rosters? I cant imagine 1 FB better than Vickers, let alone 3. I just dont understand how you can lead the fan vote and not make it?

    I think there should be some sort of rule there like if you missed x-amount of games you cant make it (this would apply to Cribbs or something), but Steinbach got snubbed again.

    Hillis should be in, and I believe TJ Ward deserves consideration.

    It doesn't work that way- it takes you longer than it should to get in (rookies almost never make it) , and you stick around longer than you should- on reputation. That's the only reason Ray Lewis is the starter this year. Ed Reed missed a bunch of games.

    Pro Bowl Rosters? Here

    And don't be a homer- Hillis is only seventh in the AFC in yards- and Ward is a rookie. Vickers did get snubbed- but that's another Pro Bowl bias- losing teams get shafted on a regular basis. The Bills and Bengals got shut out, although it could be argued Withworth from the Bengals had a better year than Thomas.

    @hoorta said:

    It doesn't work that way- it takes you longer than it should to get in (rookies almost never make it) , and you stick around longer than you should- on reputation. That's the only reason Ray Lewis is the starter this year. Ed Reed missed a bunch of games.

    Pro Bowl Rosters? Here

    And don't be a homer- Hillis is only seventh in the AFC in yards- and Ward is a rookie. Vickers did get snubbed- but that's another Pro Bowl bias- losing teams get shafted on a regular basis. The Bills and Bengals got shut out, although it could be argued Withworth from the Bengals had a better year than Thomas.

    Maybe so, but there is more to the game than rushing stats. Hillis is 4th in the NFL in rushing TDs - Ahead of MoJo and Jamaal (I think Jamaal and Arian should be in) It is a toss up between Hillis and MoJo IMHO.

    Hillis has nearly 2 hundred more receiving yards and close to double MoJo's receptions. 13 compared to 7 TDs. They have the same YPC average.

    Total Yards:

    Hillis - 1638

    MoJo - 1641

    The thing that has helped MoJo out is he turned it on as of late, the name game (as you mentioned), and Hillis has had a bad case of fumble-itis (especially as of late).

    I never said Ward should be in, just deserves consideration, especially if Haden is a fourth alternate, Ward deserves some sort of alternate position. Reggie Hodges is the best punter in the league and I cant understand how the coaches of all people cant see that.

    And the rookie shit doesnt work, there have been many rookies to make the probowl. Ndumukung Suh this year, Maurkice Pouncey, Devin McCourty(He really only has games started and tackles on Joe Haden I dont think he could hold Haden's jock). I know Joe Thomas and Adrian Peterson made it their rookie years. I think Jake Long did as well, maybe even that tackle from the Colts Tony Ugoh or maybe Ryan Clady of the Broncos.

  • Is there really a better punter this year than Hodges anywhere in the NFL? How did this guy not make the cut? I understand Hillis not getting in...in fact, I'd rather he not play this season and risk an injury that could affect him next season. Haden is second in the NFL in INT's and that is without starting for half the season. Cribbs was not a snub...He didn't deserve it this year...even if the reason is because nobody kicks to him and gives him a shot. There are a lot of good safeties in the league...Ward will get there. Vickers...I can't figure out how this guy keeps getting passed up!

  • Did Pouncey really deserve the nod over Mack?

    Did Joe T really play up to the caliber he has the last three seasons and make it just on rep?

    Haden? His time will come!!!!!!

  • Its a popularity contest and nothing more.

  • JUdging from the records they nailed it

  • Its a popularity contest and nothing more.

    @brownsbacker said:

    Its a popularity contest and nothing more.

    Exactly. I vote every year, but only once. You have hardcore Pro Bowl fans voting over 500 times. And I admit, I vote for the best players, not all Browns players.

  • Did Pouncey really deserve the nod over Mack?

    Did Joe T really play up to the caliber he has the last three seasons and make it just on rep?

    Haden? His time will come!!!!!!

    @alporcini said:

    Did Pouncey really deserve the nod over Mack?

    Did Joe T really play up to the caliber he has the last three seasons and make it just on rep?

    Haden? His time will come!!!!!!

    oooops sorry i missed this thread when I posted mine...

    but my question is a serious one?

    yeah I love Joe T... I love everybody in the Brown and Orange.... (even Abe Elam)

    But do you think he really demonstrated the caliber of play he has displayed the last three years?

    Sure I'd have been pissed if he wasn't chosen!... But this is the first year I saw him get beaten like a drum... in the Atlanta game as well as several others, he just let guys blow by him...

    And Mack played like a truck all season. Pouncey's the rook here... let him grow into the spot!!! Mack deserved it.

  • Our great OLINE is so great that is why we won so many games again..............OH YEAH

  • Our great OLINE is so great that is why we won so many games again..............OH YEAH

    @rich4eagle said:

    Our great OLINE is so great that is why we won so many games again..............OH YEAH

    Seriously why do you try and pose as a Browns fan when everyone here knows that you are really a Steelers fan. Our O-Line wasn't that great this year but it was really only about 2 or 3 games where the whole line (including the left side) just didn't get the job done. The rest of the season the left side did their job and it was the right side (Mostly St. Clair) that just sucked.

  • Rubin leads all NFL DL in tackles. He got rooked pretty bad not even being an alternate. Bet he gets in next year.

  • Our great OLINE is so great that is why we won so many games again..............OH YEAH

    @rich4eagle said:

    Our great OLINE is so great that is why we won so many games again..............OH YEAH

    LMAO... Hi Rich... been a while.. hope you're well... would love to catch up sometime.