Skip to content

Free Agents 2011

The Browns Board
19 11 2.5k
  • Breaston is a GREAT slot guy, but not consistent enough for that #2 role, he is also a very good deep threat. I'd take Chad over any other free agent at this point due to the fact that at this point in his career, he is the perfect #2 guy, because he draws #1 coverage.

    Plus, this is a VERY deep WR draft, with names like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin, Titus Young, Justin Blackmon, Ryan Broyles, Matt Szczur, Deandre Brown

    If we can pick up 2 of these guys we'd be sitting pretty.... just gotta get rid of Momass

  • I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    @brownandorange said:

    I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    I like austin a lot myself. But,, i suspect he will remain in Dallas for a long time.

  • @brownandorange said:

    I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    I like austin a lot myself. But,, i suspect he will remain in Dallas for a long time.

    @slowburn said:

    I like austin a lot myself. But,, i suspect he will remain in Dallas for a long time.

    Agreed. I don't think Dallas is going to let him get away.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    I hate to say this but we need to pull a Rex Ryan and bring in all the top name talent we can afford.

    The Jets aren't much better than they were last year, even with all the FA.. Plus it never worked too well for the skins.. Build thru the draft and add a final piece of the puzzle or two thru FA..

    @b86b said:

    The Jets aren't much better than they were last year, even with all the FA.. Plus it never worked too well for the skins.. Build thru the draft and add a final piece of the puzzle or two thru FA..

    While I agree with building through the draft, the best way to do that is by having a solid team in all positions so that you can draft the best available and have them develop in the first year or two. So with regards to our recievers, I belive we need FA here in addition to the draft. A solid FA (or two) with a high drafdt choice and Mass + Rob gives us a decent group to work with.

  • building through FA doesn't work well for the skins because they overpay for overhyped players.

  • I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    @brownandorange said:

    I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    I am almost postive Bess signed an extension during the season. I agree though that he would be a score on our team. He is a very good young WR.

  • @brownandorange said:

    I would love to sign a free-agent RB like Ronnie Brown to complement Peyton Hillis. As we all know, we mix in some trick plays with Cribbs taking the direct snaps, and Brown will contribute to that as he has in Miami.

    Two FA receivers that I wouldn't mind signing are Miles Austin and Davone Bess. Bess is not a big name receiver, but he is the league leader in 3rd down receptions resulting in 1st downs, a key stat. We have all seen Miles Austin. Austin displays speed and great hands.

    The need for receivers and more offensive threats is clear, but IMO, we need a couple of dynamic defensive players. One defensive tackle that I'd like to sign is Pat Williams. He is an experienced DT and an excellent run-stopper. It would also be nice to sign a good DB like Quintin Mikell or Jonathan Joseph to complement Joe Haden and our young set of DBs.

    I am almost postive Bess signed an extension during the season. I agree though that he would be a score on our team. He is a very good young WR.

    @jnuh said:

    I am almost postive Bess signed an extension during the season. I agree though that he would be a score on our team. He is a very good young WR.

    really? damn. you're a devils fan? you have got a long season ahead of you my friend 🙂

  • building through FA doesn't work well for the skins because they overpay for overhyped players.

    @mudratdetector said:

    building through FA doesn't work well for the skins because they overpay for overhyped players.

    aka Donovan McNabb

  • I like Breaston a lot. I think he'd be a VERY high level #2. He's stepped up whenever given opportunities in Arizona. I could see A.J. Green and Breaston starting with Massoquoi in the slot next year. It's going to be a total rebuild at WR, I think.

  • building through FA doesn't work well for the skins because they overpay for overhyped players.

    @mudratdetector said:

    building through FA doesn't work well for the skins because they overpay for overhyped players.

    Also when's the last time the Colts, Pats* or Stealers went and signed a lot of big name FA?