embarassing!!
-
Colt Mccoy sucks. Put in Wallace.
Yeah he must suck because no rookie qb could possibly have a bad game. Peyton Hillis had 13 yards so he must suck too, trade him for Brady Quinn or someone that is better.
-
I've been reading this board for a while, but haven't really been inclined to post yet. However, I found it annoying to watch the lynch mob forming for McCoy.
I watched several routes where the receivers weren't running 100%, or quit early on the route. Obviously a core of mediocre receivers who are either quitting on routes or going at it half-ass means McCoy is at fault. Not to mention Hillis isn't 100%, and the defense's inability to stop the Steelers has made the Browns one-dimensional.
Cut the rookie who's played only half a season versus some very, very good defenses some slack. What's the alternative? Spend draft picks on more QBs? You'll be bringing someone else in with the same terrible stable of receivers. Please. Draft smart, and build for next year.
I think you're misrepresenting the conversation. McCoy's play the last couple weeks has made his future as The Guy less clear... because the problems have been exactly the ones his detractors predicted: Not enough arm to drive the ball downfield in December.
Nobody's cutting him. They're just saying he's looked lousy as hell these last two games. You can't cover your eyes and pretend it didn't happen. It did. He looked really, really bad... and the Browns could be committing to another Charlie Frye, a guy who just isn't good enough to compete with Ben and Flacco in the AFC North after October.
I'm not saying that's the case... I'm saying it could be, and we should certainly be discussing it. I guarantee you Holmgren and Heckert will be talking about it a lot.
I think you're misrepresenting the conversation. McCoy's play the last couple weeks has made his future as The Guy less clear... because the problems have been exactly the ones his detractors predicted: Not enough arm to drive the ball downfield in December.
Nobody's cutting him. They're just saying he's looked lousy as hell these last two games. You can't cover your eyes and pretend it didn't happen. It did. He looked really, really bad... and the Browns could be committing to another Charlie Frye,[ a guy who just isn't good enough to compete with Ben and Flacco in the AFC North after October.
I'm not saying that's the case... I'm saying it could be, and we should certainly be discussing it. I guarantee you Holmgren and Heckert will be talking about it a lot.
I hope Holmgren and Heckert realize what Baltimore,Pittsburgh,and Cincinnati have.A strong arm,smart ,mobile QB ! Aggresive defense .DEPTH. WR's that can get open and catch the ball.Playcaller and Playmakers.The list goes on and on.After two years of 5-11 the holes are still aplenty!
-
Big Ben's "rep" at Miami University is pretty bad! My son went to school at MU while he was there. This current behavior has been ongoing for a lot of years. The students, especially the female students, could not stand the guy. "Creepy" was his nickname. He's been assaulting girls since college. I think the guy has some serious issues. He's from Findlay, Ohio, about 1/2 an hour from where I live. Ask the people around his hometown what they think of him. The only people who will say anything good about him are family members. The townspeople think he's a jerk.
Big Ben's "rep" at Miami University is pretty bad! My son went to school at MU while he was there. This current behavior has been ongoing for a lot of years. The students, especially the female students, could not stand the guy. "Creepy" was his nickname. He's been assaulting girls since college. I think the guy has some serious issues. He's from Findlay, Ohio, about 1/2 an hour from where I live. Ask the people around his hometown what they think of him. The only people who will say anything good about him are family members. The townspeople think he's a jerk.
It's true everyone that I talk to in Findlay hate him. I think it was like 2 years ago a local store made some Ben t-shirts and sold them and when word got to Ben about it he sent someone to the store and had them threatened with a law suit if they didn't stop selling them. Plus Findlay is also a college town and it has another college town just 20 minutes north and Ben has made his way to bars in both cities and we have all seen how he acts. People just don't act the way he did all through college and the begining of his career to just change at the drop of a hat. It took prison for Vick to change and we were not all sure that was going to do the trick, I just really don't think a 4 game suspension and some stupid classes is going to change Ben.
-
Homotron said:
and dominates the state of Ohio.Did he ask first?
-
Homotron said:
Defending the law our nation was founded on, Innocent until Proven guilty. Defending males that have been victims of sexually aggressive and loose women. Men sure as hell aren't protected from it. A girl could scream rape and ruin a individuals life and yes Ben is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers. If it were any other QB in the league you'd all take the same stance. He's a Steeler so it's different.The law isn't perfect. The system is flawed. If she wasn't drunk, he would be sitting in a jail cell.
-
Homotron said:
It's definitely not McCoy's fault but it's the way a lot of this fan base operates. Throw anything and everything under the bus that can't beat the Steelers and put up a winnnig season. Nevermind the solid draft and beating some good teams. Burn it all to the ground. Clearly McCoy's fault his WR's can't get open.I guess actually catching and holding on to the ball is a stretch too. Nice to see you again man. Though we root for the opposite teams I do get a kick out of your posts.
-
Glad I spent the day at Muni Lot, tomorrow when I'm sober I might actually watch the game. Did we win?????
-
This game was a joke. The team played horrible today. But maybe Mcoy will build off of this. I really have a lot of faith in him and about 80% of our current roster.
-
It's a total meltdown. McCoy looks even more over his head than last week, which really bums me out. Much of my excitement for next season was about finding the triggerman for Holmgren's WCO... but I'm not nearly as sure today as I was a month or so ago. Frankly, he looks totally incapable of completing a pass beyond 12 yards from the line of scrimmage. In ideal weather with ideal protection, he can step in and throw a 25-yard completion over the middle... but that's not good enough.
It's back to being a very complicated offseason. The team quit on Mangini and he and his staff will be excused in the next 48 to 72 hours. But the questions are many: Who are the keepers on defense? Can Hillis be a feature back once defenses stop covering the field beyond 20 yards because of McCoy's limitations?
This is a 5-11 team that looked very much like a 2-14 team over the last month. They looked like a team that needed anything BUT "continuity." The Browns need to be extremely aggressive in all fronts in the offseason, including coaching and schemes, and I'm betting Holmgren is already making plans up in the booth.
But the certainty that McCoy is the guy has dissipated. Holmgren has to ask himself if the kid has the arm to drive the ball downfield in cold weather, something Ben and Flacco can do with a flick of the wrist. And if his arm limits the offense, draws it in, can we run the ball with safeties up all the time?
I don't have an answer. Again.
It's a total meltdown. McCoy looks even more over his head than last week, which really bums me out. Much of my excitement for next season was about finding the triggerman for Holmgren's WCO... but I'm not nearly as sure today as I was a month or so ago. Frankly, he looks totally incapable of completing a pass beyond 12 yards from the line of scrimmage. In ideal weather with ideal protection, he can step in and throw a 25-yard completion over the middle... but that's not good enough.
I don't have an answer. Again.
Peyton Manning would have looked equally over his head Shep, or you miss the stats on sacks, knockdowns and hurries? That's when Colt's receivers weren't tipping balls that hit them in the hands to Steelers.
No running game to speak of, so the Steelers were running jailhouse blitzes all day. Joe Thomas totally whiffed on one of them FYI. Simple matter to cheat up on the wrs that couldn't get open for the most part- take away McCoy's hot read, and PRESTO! He's running for his life, or getting killed.
No Shep, I really don't think were' seeing Charlie Frye II in Colt. But that's up to Holmgren to decide.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Well, Mangini should have been fierd for going for a field goal. Jeez, how pathetic.Remember the uproar, Tommy V, when Belichick did the same thing? Except, IMHO, Bill did it to get Stover an incentive bonus and to throw sand in the face of Modell who kind of turned his life upside down.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login