Browns Fire Eric Mangini
-
Well here we go again..........the worst result would be Holmgren naming himself as coach and second worst some retart NFL assistant d guy...............and more worst some NFL assistant OL guy
Gary Patterson................funny how the Steelers get their guys from nowhere and just keep on winning
Time to think OFFENSE after ignoring it and losing for twenty years and I do not me OL guys
Well here we go again..........the worst result would be Holmgren naming himself as coach and second worst some retart NFL assistant d guy...............and more worst some NFL assistant OL guy
Gary Patterson................funny how the Steelers get their guys from nowhere and just keep on winning
Time to think OFFENSE after ignoring it and losing for twenty years and I do not me OL guys
The fans of the Cleveland Browns thank you for choosing to post on the The Browns Board in lieu of other team's boards. Your support of Cleveland and this board is appreciated. Go Browns!
-
I remember when Cleveland didn't want Bill Belichek either. I am not saying that Manigini is the next Belichek but I do believe Holmgren made a mistake today. Proof of his mistake will be seen in Mangini being successful elsewhere. Also after this years draft our next coach gets us to the playoffs clearly illustrating the positive impact Mangini had on this team.
Hopefully we will get a good coach and hopefully it will not be Holmgren. He is one man and he should only have one job for us. I seem to remember Seattle finding out it was a bad idea for Holmgren to do more than one job at a time.
-
I was listening to the radio (ESPN) on the way home from work today and Marty Morninweg's name was mentioned as possibly a strong candidate for our head coaching vacancy. I pulled over just in time to violently throw up. When the episode had passed, it occured to me that if we are in fact going to hire another half-a$$ed head coach, we must have a plan. Then I hatched a plan. We will keep Brian Daboll as Offensive Coordinator. Since we will most likely lose Rob Ryan in the offseason, we will hire his father, 77 year old Buddy Ryan, as defensive coordinator. Next, we hire Tom Cable, who will most likely be let go by Oakland, as Head Coach. Now, we can look forward to watching Buddy and Tom repeatedly punch Brian on the sideline. In the face.
-
I think another interesting name that could be out there is Jeff Fisher IF the Titans decide to let him go. That man is just a good coach. My gut feeling right now is that we bring in Fox if we can't persuade Gruden to coach again. If neither of those guys work out, then I think it's Holmgren
I think another interesting name that could be out there is Jeff Fisher IF the Titans decide to let him go. That man is just a good coach. My gut feeling right now is that we bring in Fox if we can't persuade Gruden to coach again. If neither of those guys work out, then I think it's Holmgren
I think Jeff Fisher is an excellent coach as well would love to see his name in the mix if available.
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
Browns QB Seneca Wallace has stated that Holmgren informed players that he does not intend to return to coaching. - OBR.No offense to Holmgren but I am glad to hear this. He's the president and should focus on doing the best job of that alone.
-
It was a setup. Holmgren brought two QBs in who threw pick sixes to cost us games. He knew that nobody could win this year so he simply waited until next year to bring in his guy and blamed mangini. I've lost a lot of respect for holmgren
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
Mike Holmgren(OC at BYU)Brian Billick(OC at Utah St)
Paul Brown(Greatest HC in history and former HC at Navy and Ohio St)
Jim Caldwell(HC at Wake Forest)
Pete Carrol
Don Coryell(HC at Whittier and one of the most innovative minds in NFL history)
Dennis Greene(HC at Stanford)
Marv Levy(HC- CAL, William and Mary)
Steve Mariucci(HC at CAL)
Ron Meyer(HC at SMU)
Jim Mora Sr(HC- UCLA, Occidental, Stanford, Colorado)
Bill Parcells(HC, Air Force)
Mike Shanahan(OC, U. of Florida)
Barry Switzer(HC Oklahoma)
Norv Turner(OC, USC)
Dick Vermeil(HC, Stanford, UCLA)
Sam Wyche(HC, Indiana)
Tony Sparano(HC New Haven)
Steve Spagnuolo(HC Rutgers)
Jimmy Johnson....
Need I continue? Btw, notice a trend there? That trend being Stanford HC's going on to have success as HC's in the NFL?
Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..
nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys
-
Come on now, conspiracy theory, really??
I have bashed mangini for a while. I can't remember another coach though who grew on me as a person. I think mangini did put his heart and soul into turning us around. Is it fair? Probably not. Mangini actually did change from year 1 in cleveland. I just think it came down to him being too conservative and holmgren wanting to put his stamp on the franchise.
The hours these guys put in are crazy. I know mangini will be fine. He is a smart guy with a ton of money.
I wonder if he took the approach he did in his 2 year with us if things would have turned out different in ny..
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
Mike Holmgren(OC at BYU)Brian Billick(OC at Utah St)
Paul Brown(Greatest HC in history and former HC at Navy and Ohio St)
Jim Caldwell(HC at Wake Forest)
Pete Carrol
Don Coryell(HC at Whittier and one of the most innovative minds in NFL history)
Dennis Greene(HC at Stanford)
Marv Levy(HC- CAL, William and Mary)
Steve Mariucci(HC at CAL)
Ron Meyer(HC at SMU)
Jim Mora Sr(HC- UCLA, Occidental, Stanford, Colorado)
Bill Parcells(HC, Air Force)
Mike Shanahan(OC, U. of Florida)
Barry Switzer(HC Oklahoma)
Norv Turner(OC, USC)
Dick Vermeil(HC, Stanford, UCLA)
Sam Wyche(HC, Indiana)
Tony Sparano(HC New Haven)
Steve Spagnuolo(HC Rutgers)
Jimmy Johnson....
Need I continue? Btw, notice a trend there? That trend being Stanford HC's going on to have success as HC's in the NFL?
Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..
nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys
-
-
-
Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!
-
Welp, this guy is probably gone:

-
Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!
Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!
once a steeler, always a steeler
no thanks
-
Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!
once a steeler, always a steeler
no thanks
once a steeler, always a steeler
no thanks
If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.
Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.
-
once a steeler, always a steeler
no thanks
If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.
Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.
If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.
Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.
Cowher won't come here because he's going to want total control which he won't get with Holmgren already in place as team President. He's also apparently said he doesn't want to go against the Rooney's twice a year but a big bag of money might change that opinion but we'd have to get rid of Holmgren first which wont' happen.
-
It might have to be a friend of holmgren. We absolutely folded in the last two games but before that mangini had made progress in cleveland with only a few quality starters. Any coach who takes over knows he will need to produce a winning record next year. Holmgren himself said it comes down to how many games the team has won.
-
Fire the whole team! You guys are R tards.
-
Welp, this guy is probably gone:

Welp, this guy is probably gone:

I do like the picture... not sure you have the right guy though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login