Skip to content

Browns Fire Eric Mangini

The Browns Board
126 53 9.0k
  • It was a setup. Holmgren brought two QBs in who threw pick sixes to cost us games. He knew that nobody could win this year so he simply waited until next year to bring in his guy and blamed mangini. I've lost a lot of respect for holmgren

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Mike Holmgren(OC at BYU)

    Brian Billick(OC at Utah St)

    Paul Brown(Greatest HC in history and former HC at Navy and Ohio St)

    Jim Caldwell(HC at Wake Forest)

    Pete Carrol

    Don Coryell(HC at Whittier and one of the most innovative minds in NFL history)

    Dennis Greene(HC at Stanford)

    Marv Levy(HC- CAL, William and Mary)

    Steve Mariucci(HC at CAL)

    Ron Meyer(HC at SMU)

    Jim Mora Sr(HC- UCLA, Occidental, Stanford, Colorado)

    Bill Parcells(HC, Air Force)

    Mike Shanahan(OC, U. of Florida)

    Barry Switzer(HC Oklahoma)

    Norv Turner(OC, USC)

    Dick Vermeil(HC, Stanford, UCLA)

    Sam Wyche(HC, Indiana)

    Tony Sparano(HC New Haven)

    Steve Spagnuolo(HC Rutgers)

    Jimmy Johnson....

    Need I continue? Btw, notice a trend there? That trend being Stanford HC's going on to have success as HC's in the NFL?

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    @wrrebel said:

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    pls tell me you are being sarcastic

  • Come on now, conspiracy theory, really??

    I have bashed mangini for a while. I can't remember another coach though who grew on me as a person. I think mangini did put his heart and soul into turning us around. Is it fair? Probably not. Mangini actually did change from year 1 in cleveland. I just think it came down to him being too conservative and holmgren wanting to put his stamp on the franchise.

    The hours these guys put in are crazy. I know mangini will be fine. He is a smart guy with a ton of money.

    I wonder if he took the approach he did in his 2 year with us if things would have turned out different in ny..

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Mike Holmgren(OC at BYU)

    Brian Billick(OC at Utah St)

    Paul Brown(Greatest HC in history and former HC at Navy and Ohio St)

    Jim Caldwell(HC at Wake Forest)

    Pete Carrol

    Don Coryell(HC at Whittier and one of the most innovative minds in NFL history)

    Dennis Greene(HC at Stanford)

    Marv Levy(HC- CAL, William and Mary)

    Steve Mariucci(HC at CAL)

    Ron Meyer(HC at SMU)

    Jim Mora Sr(HC- UCLA, Occidental, Stanford, Colorado)

    Bill Parcells(HC, Air Force)

    Mike Shanahan(OC, U. of Florida)

    Barry Switzer(HC Oklahoma)

    Norv Turner(OC, USC)

    Dick Vermeil(HC, Stanford, UCLA)

    Sam Wyche(HC, Indiana)

    Tony Sparano(HC New Haven)

    Steve Spagnuolo(HC Rutgers)

    Jimmy Johnson....

    Need I continue? Btw, notice a trend there? That trend being Stanford HC's going on to have success as HC's in the NFL?

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    @wrrebel said:

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    You're an even bigger moron than I thought....

  • @wrrebel said:

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    pls tell me you are being sarcastic

    @slowburn said:

    pls tell me you are being sarcastic

    Haha very sarcastic..

  • @wrrebel said:

    Let me clarify, guys who were BIG time winners in NCAA and then Big winners in the NFL as head coach..

    nick saban, bobby patrino, steve spurrier are my examples of resent guys

    You're an even bigger moron than I thought....

    @mark-o said:

    You're an even bigger moron than I thought....

    Yeah cause I really thought all three of those won big in the nfl..

    Mark o

    Polo

    Mark o

    Polo

    Fish out of water

  • Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!

  • Welp, this guy is probably gone:

    9167499-large.jpg

  • I dono im feeling Fisher and Fox as DC but i would like to see Jim Harabaugh

  • Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!

    @rocknrollbrowns said:

    Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!

    once a steeler, always a steeler

    no thanks

  • @rocknrollbrowns said:

    Why is no one talking about Bill Cowher? He knows how to win in this division and it seems as though he is wanting to coach again. I would hope that Holmgren at least inquires!

    once a steeler, always a steeler

    no thanks

    @feartheroo said:

    once a steeler, always a steeler

    no thanks

    If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.

    Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.

  • @feartheroo said:

    once a steeler, always a steeler

    no thanks

    If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.

    Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.

    @next2nothing said:

    If Cowher wanted to coach here I'd take him. You'd be crazy to root against him taking over this team.

    Problem is he doesn't want to coach against the Rooneys. I don't blame him either.

    Cowher won't come here because he's going to want total control which he won't get with Holmgren already in place as team President. He's also apparently said he doesn't want to go against the Rooney's twice a year but a big bag of money might change that opinion but we'd have to get rid of Holmgren first which wont' happen.

  • It might have to be a friend of holmgren. We absolutely folded in the last two games but before that mangini had made progress in cleveland with only a few quality starters. Any coach who takes over knows he will need to produce a winning record next year. Holmgren himself said it comes down to how many games the team has won.

  • Fire the whole team! You guys are R tards.

  • Welp, this guy is probably gone:

    9167499-large.jpg

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Welp, this guy is probably gone:

    9167499-large.jpg

    I do like the picture... not sure you have the right guy though.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Welp, this guy is probably gone:

    9167499-large.jpg

    I do like the picture... not sure you have the right guy though.

    @manbearpig said:

    I do like the picture... not sure you have the right guy though.

    I was talking about Rob Ryan...he just happened to be standing to Eric Mangini's car.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Because he's overrated as it gets and not worth even half the money he wants?

    I would say that he is worth more. 9 Division championships with a 149-90-1 record and a SB. I'm not sure how you consider him overrated. I would take him over anyone but he isn't coming to Cleveland.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    14 years in the NFL with a Doctor shipping growth hormone to team facilities and it took bullshit officiating for him to "win", that's how. The guy is Marty Schottenheimer with a steroid dealer and bought off referees. No thanks, if that's what this fanbase wants lets just go kiss Marty's ass and beg him to come back.

    Yep, and Pitt fan did nothing but bitch about the guy for years.