Browns Fire Eric Mangini
-
my brother works for the browns...and while the things he hears arent for sure...he told me he gets the feeling holmgren is gonna take over....as did the PD article said...personally i liked mangini but i feel confident that holmgren can get the job done with haskell and going back to a 4-3 defense sounds good also...
-
It will be interesting to see who Holmgren brings in & who else leaves. Personally, the ONLY Assistant I really want to see stay is Brad Seely. Holmgren will put in place a staff with which he is comfortable & I trust that he'll make solid choices.
The part of Mangini's philosophy & plan I would like to see stay is his seeking intelligent, high character players. I wish Mangini good fortune and, as a Brown's fan, look forward to the future of OUR Team.
Mike
-
All I know is that if we actually give Marty Mornhinweg a chance to HC this team I might have to be put on suicide watch.
-
John Fox is seen as very conservative on offense, something Holmgren has seen enough of. Harbaugh seems destined for San Francisco. I think it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Mornhinweg.
John Fox is seen as very conservative on offense, something Holmgren has seen enough of. Harbaugh seems destined for San Francisco. I think it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Mornhinweg.
I was thinking Harbaugh to Carolina along with his QB, Luck. I would think he would have to find that attractive.
I really doubt Holmgren steps in.....Gruden and Mornhinwig would be two of the top choices. If Fisher and Adams can't repair the rift between them and Fisher is let go, he would have to make the list, though I could see him sitting out a year and wait for Lame Kiffin to give USC a reason to dump him and hire Fisher as the Trojans coach.
-
if you had to choose between holmgren and gruden...hypothetically who would you want
-
I'm getting this from another site that posted a Twitter from La Canfora
"The Browns love Gruden and he has some interest. But it may not be the perfect fit in terms of offensive personnel and locale
From what I've gathered on the Browns situation, I see John Fox landing there as head coach with Mike McCoy as offensive coordinator"
-
Just heard it on DP show. Begin the Gruden threads.
-
From the Plain Dealer:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...e_eric_man.html
Sounds pretty likely that Holmgren takes over as coach.
From the Plain Dealer:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...e_eric_man.html
Sounds pretty likely that Holmgren takes over as coach.
Good call.. you have said all along that mangini would be canned and homgren would coach. You took a lot of crap for it to..
Now who is laughing

-
All I know is that if we actually give Marty Mornhinweg a chance to HC this team I might have to be put on suicide watch.
All I know is that if we actually give Marty Mornhinweg a chance to HC this team I might have to be put on suicide watch.
He won't take the wind in OT anymore

-
Rob Ryan won't last two years as a Head Coach. He's a smoke-n-mirrors guy. I'm with Roach and hope he lands in Cincy as their Head Coach.
Holmgren will take over as Head Coach and he will bring in a whole new staff or coordinators, including recommending Rob Ryan for a OC/HC job elsewhere. Why limp along with Ryan at DC with one-year left on his contract, when all he wants is to depart for a HC job somewhere? Get rid of him now so there are no changes a year into the rebuild.
Holmgren will draft a QB with the 6th overall pick and so the cycle continues ...
(the stadium would make a great dog track for summer use)
-
I would like Holmgren or Gruden...I wouldnt want Fox or Marty
-
I dont' think it will be Holmgren at coach. I think it will be an offensive minded guy and I also don't think we draft a QB in round 1. We're going to give Colt one more season as the #1 guy and with the proper style of offense for him and we add some weapons on offense in the off season.
As much as I don't want Wrreble to be right, I think it will be Gruden. The name not being mentioned is Mariucci and I would think he would be an option. John Fox at DC.
-
Exit Mangini. Ryan won't be around either. I can't fault him for pursing his head coaching aspirations but in doing so he shows that he is not 100% committed in helping the Browns become contenders.
Lets see if the Walrus can work some his magic as he returns to the sidelines as Browns head coach.
-
Rob Ryan won't last two years as a Head Coach. He's a smoke-n-mirrors guy. I'm with Roach and hope he lands in Cincy as their Head Coach.
Holmgren will take over as Head Coach and he will bring in a whole new staff or coordinators, including recommending Rob Ryan for a OC/HC job elsewhere. Why limp along with Ryan at DC with one-year left on his contract, when all he wants is to depart for a HC job somewhere? Get rid of him now so there are no changes a year into the rebuild.
Holmgren will draft a QB with the 6th overall pick and so the cycle continues ...
(the stadium would make a great dog track for summer use)
Rob Ryan won't last two years as a Head Coach. He's a smoke-n-mirrors guy. I'm with Roach and hope he lands in Cincy as their Head Coach.
Holmgren will take over as Head Coach and he will bring in a whole new staff or coordinators, including recommending Rob Ryan for a OC/HC job elsewhere. Why limp along with Ryan at DC with one-year left on his contract, when all he wants is to depart for a HC job somewhere? Get rid of him now so there are no changes a year into the rebuild.
Holmgren will draft a QB with the 6th overall pick and so the cycle continues ...
(the stadium would make a great dog track for summer use)
It would make a nice track....though the best ones have some sort of a lake in the middle.
-
From the Plain Dealer:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...e_eric_man.html
Sounds pretty likely that Holmgren takes over as coach.
Good call.. you have said all along that mangini would be canned and homgren would coach. You took a lot of crap for it to..
Now who is laughing

Now who is laughing

you know you've turned out to be the biggest cxxt on this board. yeah you got your wish...manigini is gone. so what now be a bigger dick and start dancing?
who the fxxk is laughing when you are a fan of this team? obviously you have another agenda besides wanting the best for the browns. do us a favor and blow gruden on your own time. holmgren take over? screw that. marty morningwheg? puke. this is gonna suck. and all you schlubs like holmgren are gonna be in for a big surprise when this WCO fat fxxk throws out the fact that we are starting all over AGAIN and it will be 2013 before HIS system shows significant change.
what a bunch of ignorant bitches. go flip the burgers. are you wearing your burger king crown?
-
Although I don't agree with it, In Walrus I Trust. Isn't Gruden the Godfather to The Walruses kids?
Let's go Browns.
-
I don't care who comes into coach. I believe Mike will make the right call on that, but I DO NOT want to run a 4-3 in this division.
Please Please Please Mike, lets stick with the 3-4!
-
Now who is laughing

you know you've turned out to be the biggest cxxt on this board. yeah you got your wish...manigini is gone. so what now be a bigger dick and start dancing?
who the fxxk is laughing when you are a fan of this team? obviously you have another agenda besides wanting the best for the browns. do us a favor and blow gruden on your own time. holmgren take over? screw that. marty morningwheg? puke. this is gonna suck. and all you schlubs like holmgren are gonna be in for a big surprise when this WCO fat fxxk throws out the fact that we are starting all over AGAIN and it will be 2013 before HIS system shows significant change.
what a bunch of ignorant bitches. go flip the burgers. are you wearing your burger king crown?
you know you've turned out to be the biggest cxxt on this board. yeah you got your wish...manigini is gone. so what now be a bigger dick and start dancing?
who the fxxk is laughing when you are a fan of this team? obviously you have another agenda besides wanting the best for the browns. do us a favor and blow gruden on your own time. holmgren take over? screw that. marty morningwheg? puke. this is gonna suck. and all you schlubs like holmgren are gonna be in for a big surprise when this WCO fat fxxk throws out the fact that we are starting all over AGAIN and it will be 2013 before HIS system shows significant change.
what a bunch of ignorant bitches. go flip the burgers. are you wearing your burger king crown?
Uhmm who is ignorant. I have been saying that mangini would be fired since like week 10.
If you read my post it wasn't dancing about him getting fired but some of us being right.
Am I happy? Hell yeah... its like an late xmas gift for me...
Stop rooting for the browns you baby
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login