Skip to content

Thoughts on Rich Rod as an O.C?

The Browns Board
18 16 1.2k
  • L lambdo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Asking for anything Michigan here is straight blood bath...but thoughts on him as an O.C? I lpersonally like the youth movement for coaching as opposed to John Fox type. I think he would be good fit since he certainly wouldnt have any say in the defence.

    That being said, thoughts on Rob Ryan as H.C? D played good last year (only 30 points against outing as week 17 vs. Pitt) I think he might be a good fit, players rally around him.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #2

    no and no

  • Asking for anything Michigan here is straight blood bath...but thoughts on him as an O.C? I lpersonally like the youth movement for coaching as opposed to John Fox type. I think he would be good fit since he certainly wouldnt have any say in the defence.

    That being said, thoughts on Rob Ryan as H.C? D played good last year (only 30 points against outing as week 17 vs. Pitt) I think he might be a good fit, players rally around him.

    NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @lambdo said:

    Asking for anything Michigan here is straight blood bath...but thoughts on him as an O.C? I lpersonally like the youth movement for coaching as opposed to John Fox type. I think he would be good fit since he certainly wouldnt have any say in the defence.

    That being said, thoughts on Rob Ryan as H.C? D played good last year (only 30 points against outing as week 17 vs. Pitt) I think he might be a good fit, players rally around him.

    The fool can't run Fichigan and you want him here . What you smokin dude ? 😳

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #4
    Absolutely not!
  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Is this the official "against the grain" thread? Then I say trade a #1 for Marvin Lewis.

  • ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Do you recall the reports (and potential lawsuits) out of WVU stating that Rich-Rod literally stole the offense out of the coaching office when he left? He and Bill Stewart co-coordinated the offense at that time.

    That is not the move of an offensive genius.

    His Michigan time has borne that out. If he didn't have De-Nard-Face Robinson he would've been gone earlier.

    So, no thank you.

  • jloweJ jlowe wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Well I accidentally clicked on the thanks button for your post... but I hate both of those ideas. Rich rod is just a scum bag

  • Well I accidentally clicked on the thanks button for your post... but I hate both of those ideas. Rich rod is just a scum bag

    halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @jlowe said:

    Well I accidentally clicked on the thanks button for your post... but I hate both of those ideas. Rich rod is just a scum bag

    I do that all the time. We need an un-thank option.

    Or a 'disapprove of your dumb post' button.

  • Asking for anything Michigan here is straight blood bath...but thoughts on him as an O.C? I lpersonally like the youth movement for coaching as opposed to John Fox type. I think he would be good fit since he certainly wouldnt have any say in the defence.

    That being said, thoughts on Rob Ryan as H.C? D played good last year (only 30 points against outing as week 17 vs. Pitt) I think he might be a good fit, players rally around him.

    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @lambdo said:

    Asking for anything Michigan here is straight blood bath...but thoughts on him as an O.C? I lpersonally like the youth movement for coaching as opposed to John Fox type. I think he would be good fit since he certainly wouldnt have any say in the defence.

    That being said, thoughts on Rob Ryan as H.C? D played good last year (only 30 points against outing as week 17 vs. Pitt) I think he might be a good fit, players rally around him.

    I love that idea, but how will we convince the Rooneys or Modell or Mike Brown to buy into that ?

  • Do you recall the reports (and potential lawsuits) out of WVU stating that Rich-Rod literally stole the offense out of the coaching office when he left? He and Bill Stewart co-coordinated the offense at that time.

    That is not the move of an offensive genius.

    His Michigan time has borne that out. If he didn't have De-Nard-Face Robinson he would've been gone earlier.

    So, no thank you.

    L lambdo wrote on last edited by
    #10

    c-dawg said:

    Do you recall the reports (and potential lawsuits) out of WVU stating that Rich-Rod literally stole the offense out of the coaching office when he left? He and Bill Stewart co-coordinated the offense at that time.

    That is not the move of an offensive genius.

    His Michigan time has borne that out. If he didn't have De-Nard-Face Robinson he would've been gone earlier.

    So, no thank you.

    NO I didn't know that, though Thanks for sharing C-Dawg!

    I only threw it out there because his O's at WVU and Mich were successfull.

  • @jlowe said:

    Well I accidentally clicked on the thanks button for your post... but I hate both of those ideas. Rich rod is just a scum bag

    I do that all the time. We need an un-thank option.

    Or a 'disapprove of your dumb post' button.

    halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @halfsane said:

    I do that all the time. We need an un-thank option.

    Or a 'disapprove of your dumb post' button.

    This post needs more attention. I think I am onto something!

  • B BROWNandORANGE wrote on last edited by
    #12

    If you can't win in the shittiest NCAA AQ Conference, aka the Big Ten, then how the hell can you win in the NFL?

    Mississippi State trounced his sorry ass team by 38 points. Thanks, but no thanks.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Only if you want Josh Cribbs to run the QB position thats the way he would do it if he were brought to Cleveland

  • S Squintz wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Not a chance in hell. The Ryan Bros are fun to watch, but way overrated.

    And Rich Rod? Are you serious? Come on...

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Hell NO! We had a guy like him before. Dont you remember Bitch Davis?

  • H Hoss wrote on last edited by
    #16

    If you want to have a revolving door at QB, with a corresponding M.A.S.H unit standing by, by all means hire Rich Rod. Man what a disaster that move turned out to be. They had me worried early in the season when everyone was ready to crown Robinson the Heisman winner. I will say his ability to run and pass had me intrigued since I had never seen anything like that in the Big Ten.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    On the plus side...

    He could end our rivalry with the Steelers, just like he killed the OSU - Mich rivalry...

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #18

    OMFG! The homerism and closed mindedness of browns/buckeye fans is unbelievable!

    Its a good thing mike holmgren chooses the coach and the coach chooses the coordinators!