DeAngelo Williams goes after Another Jim Brown Record
-
I guess you failed to read the whole article.........Brown repeated the feat in 1963 with six 30+ TD's which is where Williams is now.......of course if they had defined it as greater than 30 yards Williams would not be challenging the record would he???
-
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...
mz. said:
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
-
I don't think anyone thought DeAngelo Williams wasn't a great prospect. The question is whether he was the right pick at the right time for US.
I have watched DeAngelo all year. Not taking a thing away from him (I like him too), but that Carolina O line has been absolutely outstanding this season. Meaning, he's a talented RB in a good situation for him to thrive in. Give him (or any other equally-talented RB), say, the Lions line, and he is not putting these numbers up.
We need quality players at EVERY position. Including O line AND RB. The running game doesn't function without BOTH. This is my point. The constant ripping on the Browns for wasting $/picks on an O line when Carolina has done the same exact thing is what I take umbrage with.
-
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...
mz. said:
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...As if he was the only one who wanted Williams..... Funny, as I recall, heading toward the draft, da Ich didn't even know who the kid was, but needed to look into him. While myself, and others were talking this kid up already. Heck, I even said I'd take the kid over Reggie Bush and would be a better back. Da Ich didn't agree with that.
See, I can puff my chest out too 🥷

-
mz. said:
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
Such as Holcomb, Derek Anderson (oh, he was on his jock after his first relief appearance in KC), Mo Clarett (wanted CLE to take in round 1 through anything), Troy Smith, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Winslow, and Peter Bowlware (wanted CLE to sign), to name a few.
Rich gets them and he misses them. On the same average as you, me, Atnear, Shep, Riffer, Ghoolie, WPD, or pretty much most anyone. What Rich does best his to advertize his glories and bury the mistakes. He would have been great for the Bush administration.
-
Thanks Buddy, none of the players you mentioned did I ever gp big time on as in FRANCHISE game breaker, some of them I never wanted ever, which your propensity to stretch the truth and lie excels again as everything you said is a combination of both......yes indeed Clarett was one player who I would say was immensely talented and no one can say he was a miss because he got screwed by Andy Geiger but like every statement you made you lied about that as well because after Claretts issues I wanted to take him in the third or fourth round..........but you being a wimp and liar indeed missed 100 times I got it correctomundo..........but you keep doing what you do best support the losing with vigor and whining about me...........this is about me........isn't it welcome back
BTW, since you mentioned several QB's none of which I guaranteed as franchise QB's you forgot to mention the three that I said would be franchise Qb's and that I wanted most and said to go after big time........Ben, Rivers and Brees......
BTW, concerning Williams I made my mind up about him in the college all star game in January and that was well ahead of the draft so you lied about that as well
for your sterling record.......I shall never forget your blowing smoke about needing Trent Dilweed and his MENTORING ...while I peed on that move from day one.........but.......you are what you are
.....selective memory is you biggest strength....truth and objecitvity has no place in your hateful mind.....and you flat out lied about DeAngelo Williams above as I stated to use the one pick on him and not a peep came out of you for him as the one pick but lying is your strength...........have and good day and....puff your chest punk and please do........KMA
meanwhile for the adults I found the record of Brown's still standing 50 years later interesting..........and another Kudo of the Greatest Running Back ever
-
mz. said:
We get it, rich. DeAngelo Williams is good. You wanted DeAngelo Williams. You were right. Everyone else was wrong. Perhaps you can be our new GM...I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
Thanks John for the Kudos....and the insight on key plays by playmakers.....I believe my record over the years has been nearly always on target and those who can keep an open mind like you recognize it. BTW, as far as the felon, he was never given a real chance to perform.......if it were not for Andy Geiger he may have turned about a solid NFL player instead of a felon..........but Andy did his magic on him.
mz the pussy, I wish you would not take umbrage with my position of drafting Oline guys. Rather, I wish you choose to disagree a much nicer gentler position. If a team is loaded with skill postion impact players then drafting a Oline in the late first round is OK......Carolina never used a high first round pick on a OL guy and like i said have drafted five rbs in round one or two in the last five years. Paul Brown never once in fifteen years used a high round one pick on a ol guy and only drafted two ol guys in round one in fifteen years but about seven rbs. They get it..........stud running backs make Olines click........Olines do not make mules stud running backs.......we just differ on philosophy of what makes offenses go......of course my position is a minority position but the correct position. We can discuss this more elsewhere as this thread has been diverted away from intent
-
I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Other than the felon ex-OSU RB, Rich has been excellent in projecting college talent into the NFL - whether Pro Bowler or over rated stiffs.
Part of his approach, I believe, is to break the entire game down to about 10 'key plays' (the rest of the plays just filler) and looks to see who excels in these situations and who ships the bed.
I pay extra attention when Rich gives input on players as he has an uncanny record of hitting the nail on the head.
Oftentimes unpopular on this board but look at the record over the past 8 or 9 years.
Thanks John for the Kudos....and the insight on key plays by playmakers.....I believe my record over the years has been nearly always on target and those who can keep an open mind like you recognize it. BTW, as far as the felon, he was never given a real chance to perform.......if it were not for Andy Geiger he may have turned about a solid NFL player instead of a felon..........but Andy did his magic on him.
mz the pussy, I wish you would not take umbrage with my position of drafting Oline guys. Rather, I wish you choose to disagree a much nicer gentler position. If a team is loaded with skill postion impact players then drafting a Oline in the late first round is OK......Carolina never used a high first round pick on a OL guy and like i said have drafted five rbs in round one or two in the last five years. Paul Brown never once in fifteen years used a high round one pick on a ol guy and only drafted two ol guys in round one in fifteen years but about seven rbs. They get it..........stud running backs make Olines click........Olines do not make mules stud running backs.......we just differ on philosophy of what makes offenses go......of course my position is a minority position but the correct position. We can discuss this more elsewhere as this thread has been diverted away from intent
Carolina never used a high first round pick on a OL guy
Panthers T Jordan Gross, the anchor of their line much like Joe Thomas is of ours, was the Eighth pick in the 2003 draft.
But I do understand your point.
we just differ on philosophy of what makes offenses go......of course my position is a minority position but the correct position.
Chicken-and-the-egg conversation here.
We need great players at BOTH positions to be truly great. Disagree with that if you like, but this is my position.
-
what will be funny is that here in NC, these dumbass fans wont know which jersey to wear or flag to hang in the front lawn if the panthers make the playoffs! lets see pittsburgh? New England? the latest is the NY Giants. the majority of Panthers fans dont have a clue.
-
Carolina never used a high first round pick on a OL guy
Panthers T Jordan Gross, the anchor of their line much like Joe Thomas is of ours, was the Eighth pick in the 2003 draft.
But I do understand your point.
we just differ on philosophy of what makes offenses go......of course my position is a minority position but the correct position.
Chicken-and-the-egg conversation here.
We need great players at BOTH positions to be truly great. Disagree with that if you like, but this is my position.
mz. said:
Panthers T Jordan Gross, the anchor of their line much like Joe Thomas is of ours, was the Eighth pick in the 2003 draft.But I do understand your point.
Chicken-and-the-egg conversation here.
We need great players at BOTH positions to be truly great. Disagree with that if you like, but this is my position.
Panthers also took Otah with the 19th pick in the draft this year. As a matter of fact, they traded back into the first round to go get him.
-
Thanks Buddy, none of the players you mentioned did I ever gp big time on as in FRANCHISE game breaker, some of them I never wanted ever, which your propensity to stretch the truth and lie excels again as everything you said is a combination of both......yes indeed Clarett was one player who I would say was immensely talented and no one can say he was a miss because he got screwed by Andy Geiger but like every statement you made you lied about that as well because after Claretts issues I wanted to take him in the third or fourth round..........but you being a wimp and liar indeed missed 100 times I got it correctomundo..........but you keep doing what you do best support the losing with vigor and whining about me...........this is about me........isn't it welcome back
BTW, since you mentioned several QB's none of which I guaranteed as franchise QB's you forgot to mention the three that I said would be franchise Qb's and that I wanted most and said to go after big time........Ben, Rivers and Brees......
BTW, concerning Williams I made my mind up about him in the college all star game in January and that was well ahead of the draft so you lied about that as well
for your sterling record.......I shall never forget your blowing smoke about needing Trent Dilweed and his MENTORING ...while I peed on that move from day one.........but.......you are what you are
.....selective memory is you biggest strength....truth and objecitvity has no place in your hateful mind.....and you flat out lied about DeAngelo Williams above as I stated to use the one pick on him and not a peep came out of you for him as the one pick but lying is your strength...........have and good day and....puff your chest punk and please do........KMA
meanwhile for the adults I found the record of Brown's still standing 50 years later interesting..........and another Kudo of the Greatest Running Back ever
Thanks Buddy, none of the players you mentioned did I ever gp big time on as in FRANCHISE game breaker, some of them I never wanted ever, which your propensity to stretch the truth and lie excels again as everything you said is a combination of both......yes indeed Clarett was one player who I would say was immensely talented and no one can say he was a miss because he got screwed by Andy Geiger but like every statement you made you lied about that as well because after Claretts issues I wanted to take him in the third or fourth round..........but you being a wimp and liar indeed missed 100 times I got it correctomundo..........but you keep doing what you do best support the losing with vigor and whining about me...........this is about me........isn't it welcome back
BTW, since you mentioned several QB's none of which I guaranteed as franchise QB's you forgot to mention the three that I said would be franchise Qb's and that I wanted most and said to go after big time........Ben, Rivers and Brees......
BTW, concerning Williams I made my mind up about him in the college all star game in January and that was well ahead of the draft so you lied about that as well
for your sterling record.......I shall never forget your blowing smoke about needing Trent Dilweed and his MENTORING ...while I peed on that move from day one.........but.......you are what you are
.....selective memory is you biggest strength....truth and objecitvity has no place in your hateful mind.....and you flat out lied about DeAngelo Williams above as I stated to use the one pick on him and not a peep came out of you for him as the one pick but lying is your strength...........have and good day and....puff your chest punk and please do........KMA
meanwhile for the adults I found the record of Brown's still standing 50 years later interesting..........and another Kudo of the Greatest Running Back ever
No one said you don't get some. Pretty sure I did say you get some right.
Yeah, you did know who Williams was, after I and others were already talking about him. January was after others were talking about him and how he would be a good pick. Point is, you weren't the only one all over him, or even the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Heck, Ghoolie knew of him before you. You can pretend I wasn't peeping about him, that's okay. I know I started threads, you even asked about him after I started a thread about him on the ABJ after seeing Mike Mayock doing path to the draft on him.
Did I say I get them all right? I will happily admit about being wrong about Dilfer and Frye. Your point?
-
and behind totally revamped million dollar line with high draft picks.... Hey Rich.. Show us ANY TEAM.. I DARE YOU.... ANY TEAM winning.. top 10 RB, top passer in the playoffs with a dime-a-dozen line.. YOU CANNOT DO IT.. WHY??? IT IS A STUPID, UTTERLY RIDICULOUS, THEORY....AND YOU CANNOT SHOW US ANY TEAM THAT HAS A DIME A DOZEN LINE WITH A TOP 10 OFFENSE THAT IS IN THE PLAYOFFS. YOU PROBABLY CANNOT FIND ANY TEAM ANYWHERE THAT HAS A DIME A DOZEN LINE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL. I challenge you to prove your theory. or is this just more Da Ich Bullspit.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login