Skip to content

New Coach

The Browns Board
23 16 2.5k
  • At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

  • I've read repeatedly that Cowher will not coach in Cleveland and against the Steelers, which is probably best for all.

    I think Gruden, Fox, Mornhinweg are the top three in that order. I could see Fox coaching and Bevell at OC. Mularky is a nice choice but I really think Holmgren wants to go WCO now. Maybe that can work with Bevell at OC and Mularky adapting.

    The big fish is Gruden... and we know he loves the idea of the Browns and the idea of working with Holmgren. It's only a question of whether he'll coach this year.

  • until the decision is made, i am in Camp Mularkey.

  • I think cowherd has grown soft in the brain working for tv and at 54 years old is finished, grudens window is closing also and i hope he chooses to revive and end his coaching career in cleveland hopefully getting the browns to the superbowl along the way...

  • We all know who I want... I will tell you who i dont want, that is bill Cower

  • We all know who I want... I will tell you who i dont want, that is bill Cower

    @wrrebel said:

    We all know who I want... I will tell you who i dont want, that is bill Cower

    yeah, a guy who has built a team from the ground up and is a sure hall of famer is a terrible choice.

    no way cower comes here. he has stated a few times that as long at the rooneys are still the owners of the steelers, he will not coach the browns. i respect that decision.

  • until the decision is made, i am in Camp Mularkey.

    @mudratdetector said:

    until the decision is made, i am in Camp Mularkey.

    No effin way! Mularkey was head coach in buffalo for a few years, and boy did he fail miserably!!! He is NOT head coach material. I will not have a problem with his as a coordinator though. I live in Rochester, NY which is about an hour from buffalo, so I heard all about how bad of job he did as head coach.

  • The Cowher talk shouldn't even get off the ground here.

    Has everybody forgotten that the Big Show crapped all over Cowher's only SB win?

  • @wrrebel said:

    We all know who I want... I will tell you who i dont want, that is bill Cower

    yeah, a guy who has built a team from the ground up and is a sure hall of famer is a terrible choice.

    no way cower comes here. he has stated a few times that as long at the rooneys are still the owners of the steelers, he will not coach the browns. i respect that decision.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    yeah, a guy who has built a team from the ground up and is a sure hall of famer is a terrible choice.

    no way cower comes here. he has stated a few times that as long at the rooneys are still the owners of the steelers, he will not coach the browns. i respect that decision.

    where in my post did i say he was a terrible coach? I just said i didnt want him, grant it he can grow better facial haor than gruden, but gruden has a better hair on his head

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    yeah, a guy who has built a team from the ground up and is a sure hall of famer is a terrible choice.

    no way cower comes here. he has stated a few times that as long at the rooneys are still the owners of the steelers, he will not coach the browns. i respect that decision.

    where in my post did i say he was a terrible coach? I just said i didnt want him, grant it he can grow better facial haor than gruden, but gruden has a better hair on his head

    @wrrebel said:

    where in my post did i say he was a terrible coach? I just said i didnt want him, grant it he can grow better facial haor than gruden, but gruden has a better hair on his head

    GRUDEN'S HAIR..Really?..Its the same cut as Moe of the Three Stooges...for real

  • well I guess you havent seen cowher hair?

    Gruden would crush cowher in stratego

  • Don't count out Pat Shurmur as an under the radar choice. He's deeply connected to both Heckert and Holmgren, he's a WCO guy through and through, and he was given a ton of credit for his work with Bradford this year. He'd make sense as a "quarterback's head coach" for McCoy as we move into the WCO.

    I could see it and I wouldn't mind at all. He'd have a nice mentor in Holmgren and at 45, he's not too old or too young.

  • At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

    @believeinmangini said:

    At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

    It's Cowher not Cower and I've said this at least 10 times on this board. He won't coach a team in the AFC North and the last team he'd Coach is the Browns. You can take that to the bank.

  • @believeinmangini said:

    At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

    It's Cowher not Cower and I've said this at least 10 times on this board. He won't coach a team in the AFC North and the last team he'd Coach is the Browns. You can take that to the bank.

    Homotron said:

    It's Cowher not Cower and I've said this at least 10 times on this board. He won't coach a team in the AFC North and the last team he'd Coach is the Browns. You can take that to the bank.

    And I continually ask why any Browns fan would want him as a coach? For some reason half our fanbase is delusional and seems to love him.. if he returns to coaching, it will be in the NFC

  • At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

    @believeinmangini said:

    At first I was worried that because of all the coaching vacancies the Browns would have a tough time getting a top coach. But the way things are shaking out they have their pick! Sperano is staying in Miami. Which means Cower is there for the taking now. Harbough is going to take the 49ers job. And the Raiders are going to promote one of their assistant coaches to head coach. Jason Garrett is taking the Cowboy job. That leaves Carolina and the Browns job to be resolved. Wether it is Gruden, Cower, Morninwheg, Mularky, Rivera....They have their choice! Now they just have to make the right decision. Personally I think Cower is the right man for the job. But I am not sure of his connections with Holmgren. Gruden may have too much baggage. In other words I have read stories where he has burned too many bridges.

    My vote is Cower!

    Don't think Cower wants to come to cleveland to tarnish his legacy. If he never beats pittsburg and gets fired thats not the way he'll want to go out. Cower will prob. want more control than Holmgren is will to give any head coach.

  • After reading here I have changed my vote to Gruden.

    Whoever the coach is we need to start winning. And fast. No more rebuilding crap.

  • I'm joining Camp Shurmur. Bill spittlejaws Cowherd is the last name I want to read in this thread.

    And Gruden always looks like his rear end is on fire, though he's not sure.

  • I'm joining Camp Shurmur. Bill spittlejaws Cowherd is the last name I want to read in this thread.

    And Gruden always looks like his rear end is on fire, though he's not sure.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm joining Camp Shurmur. Bill spittlejaws Cowherd is the last name I want to read in this thread.

    And Gruden always looks like his rear end is on fire, though he's not sure.

    That's xxxxing funny as hell. I never would've put it together like that... but it's like a dog having a burning fart and wondering what's happening to him.

  • BTW, read a big article on Mornhinweg last year, about how respected he is around the league and how coaches who fail, take a break, then coach again tend to do much better. There's what we the fans think... and what the guys in the trenches think. And I think they hold Marty M. in pretty high esteem.

  • The Browns have (FINALLY!) solid football minds in Holmgren & Heckert making this decision. I can live with that, although the final choice may surprise us. Who knows WHAT will happen & WHO will be the next Coach? I sure don't.

    We'll see.

    Mike