Championship
-
So, I'm working in Philadelphia right now and I am staying in a hotel downtown. After the Phillies won the World Series tonight, this place exploded. I went down to Broad St. right after the game was over and it was a riot. Heck, right now, horns are still being honked and the crowd is still going nuts.
People hanging off lamp posts, fireworks being shot off, and people standing on cars and firetrucks - it was a sight to see.
I was happy for the fans here, but then it got me to thinking. When is it going to be our turn? It would be so nice to see the streets of Cleveland flooded with hundreds of thousands of people. Will Cleveland be able to deal with the chaos that would be associated with a victory?
Hope we deal with this problem sooner than later.
-
\ said:
So, I'm working in Philadelphia right now and I am staying in a hotel downtown. After the Phillies won the World Series tonight, this place exploded. I went down to Broad St. right after the game was over and it was a riot. Heck, right now, horns are still being honked and the crowd is still going nuts.People hanging off lamp posts, fireworks being shot off, and people standing on cars and firetrucks - it was a sight to see.
I was happy for the fans here, but then it got me to thinking. When is it going to be our turn? It would be so nice to see the streets of Cleveland flooded with hundreds of thousands of people. Will Cleveland be able to deal with the chaos that would be associated with a victory?
Hope we deal with this problem sooner than later.
I think it was MarkO who said if we ever make the Super Bowl he'd rather be in downtown Cleveland than at the game. I've gotta echo that. The celebration in Cleveland after so many years in the wilderness would be a site to behold. Hopefully, in this lifetime. I was 8 years old when I became a Browns fan. I'm 46 now. I'm ready for this to happen.
Doug
-
\ said:
So, I'm working in Philadelphia right now and I am staying in a hotel downtown. After the Phillies won the World Series tonight, this place exploded. I went down to Broad St. right after the game was over and it was a riot. Heck, right now, horns are still being honked and the crowd is still going nuts.People hanging off lamp posts, fireworks being shot off, and people standing on cars and firetrucks - it was a sight to see.
I was happy for the fans here, but then it got me to thinking. When is it going to be our turn? It would be so nice to see the streets of Cleveland flooded with hundreds of thousands of people. Will Cleveland be able to deal with the chaos that would be associated with a victory?
Hope we deal with this problem sooner than later.
Yeah 1983 for Philly- relatively yesterday compared to Cleveland's 1964. Longest running drought of any city with 3 major pro teams. Unless you're on the high side of 50, you don't even remember what it's like to win one.
-
\ said:
I think it was MarkO who said if we ever make the Super Bowl he'd rather be in downtown Cleveland than at the game. I've gotta echo that. The celebration in Cleveland after so many years in the wilderness would be a site to behold. Hopefully, in this lifetime. I was 8 years old when I became a Browns fan. I'm 46 now. I'm ready for this to happen.Doug
Yes it was me...and watching the Phillies celebrate tonight made me think again how much I want to see the city of Cleveland win a championship and I want to be in Cleveland when it happens.
-
\ said:
So, I'm working in Philadelphia right nowI'm sorry. I've been to Philly a few times, and I must say that brotherly love thing is BS. What a bunch of assholes that city if filled with. Its the reason I was rooting for the Rays, that city doesn't deserve a championship.
-
At this point I'd settle for the Cavs. I'd love to see the Indians or Browns win it all thought.
-
I've been a Browns fan for about 32 years (I'm 39). I've stuck by them through thick and thin, including their sabbatical. I watched them come so damn close in the mid-late 80's and thought, "one day", it's going to happen. Twenty plus years later and still nothing. I just couldn't imagine the thrill of winning the AFC Championship game and the two weeks of anticipation that would follow. The media talking constantly about the Browns. I would love just sitting back and taking in all the attention thrown our way. Waking up that Sunday morning with a nervous but excited feeling. Watching the clock that never seems to move any close to gametime. Taking in all the pre-game hype. Then proudly watching those Orange Helments come out during the player introductions. Some day....some day.......maybe.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login