Skip to content

If RAC stays, how many fans will jump ship?

The Browns Board
10 8 983
  • B bugzilla wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I'm worried Randy Lerner will keep Romeo if he can't find a suitable replacement or Romeo manages to cry on his shoulder hard enough. The question is, if Romeo stays, how many Browns fans out there will give up on the team? I for one feel the worst about this team since since Modell packed up and moved it to Baltimore. If RAC stays, I can't see myself paying attention to the Browns anymore. I think they have some really good players but they play with no heart or discipline and I lay that all at the feet of Romeo.

  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #2

    It's a moot point, but if he were to stay on the only fans that would jump ship would be front-runners. But not to worry, they can usually find a good deal on Roethlisberger jerseys on E-Bay.

    Dennis

  • D D'Qwimbley wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Bandwagoners

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #4

    I like to think that i will jump ship but the sad truth is i bleed orange,white and brown we all were forced off the bandwagon in the 90"s i lived through it though miseribly i can at least tell myself i will jump ship if lerner doesnt fix things this time..hehehe πŸ˜‰

    For us lifetime fans there is no jumping off ship just the sad realization that modell was a far better owner for brownstown than lerner is and this is coming from a guy who was actually glad modell was gone because when we got our expansion team we were bound to get a better owner that art...smacks self on head.. 😠

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I myself can't imagine not rooting for the team. Probably the closest I came is when the Browns moved...I didn't watch a single NFL game in it's entirety, including Super Bowls, the entire time we were out of the league.

    Kind of, sort of became a bandwagon Titans fan.

    How do you stop rooting for your team of choice??

    I might get mad, and might show up in Berea to slap a few people around for a few minutes πŸ˜‰ , but I will never jump ship.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #6

    We just persevere. Doesn't mean we won't be pissed off.

    Plus, decades like these are what keep College/Fantasy Football in business πŸ™‚

    Unless you're a Browns and a Syracuse fan, then you just hit the bottle.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    That would suck...at least the Gators have kept my spirits up the last 10 years or so.

  • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    won't jump ship just won't be as interested in unless he would pull off what seems as impossible for him to do, turn it around. Will spend my time with my family more until I am giving more of a reason to pay closer attention.

  • That would suck...at least the Gators have kept my spirits up the last 10 years or so.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    That would suck...at least the Gators have kept my spirits up the last 10 years or so.

    Here's to new beginnings! Doug Marrone at SYR and anyone but RAC here. πŸ™‚

  • MrFreezeM MrFreeze wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The man is soon to be 0-8 against our division rival and has lost twice to the Bengals at home in the past 3 years. That's a pretty crummy resume. Keeping him would be like continuing to live in a house that has already burned down.

    You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone who would want to coach in the NFL. Don't tell me that if Cowher and Marty say no, we give up the search. Have a little faith!

    If the unthinkable happens and Lerner keeps Crennel, the fan base will not ignore the team. Instead, the fans will push Lerner to sell the team. The new owner will fire Crennel. The fans will remain strong in their love for the Browns.