Skip to content

Phil Savage fired

The Browns Board
104 39 7.4k
  • I'm thirding that emotion, Al, though we'll have to wait until the Pats are finished. Therefore I'm rooting for the Ravens as we speak (vomit).

  • I could be wrong, but I don't think we'd have to wait for the Pats' season to be over to hire Pioli. Last year, the Falcons hired Tom Dimitroff in mid-January, weeks before the Pats' season ended.

    However, things may be different in Pioli's case because

    1. he's a higher-level front office guy
    2. he may think it's somehow disrespectful to Belichick and the Pats to leave before their season is over.
  • As long as the new GM can hire his own coach is all I want, I don't want a GM having to play with his 2nd choice (not having the ability to pursue who he wants) like we did with Savage. I don't want that excuse to be able to be used. Tired of excuse I want wins.

  • Is this rumor really true?

  • Is this source reliable? i can't find the story on ESPN or other sports pages. It's not on the Brown's website either.

  • WTAM mentioned it; said it may or may not be true

  • WTAM confirms that Phil is GONE

  • Terrible move. There is boatloads of talent on this roster and it's all because of Phil Savage. Romeo xxxxed Phil's career.

  • while savage isn't a great PR guy, he's a decent evaluator of talent who makes moves to get the players the team needs. we should have found a way to keep him on as director of player personnel or director of scouting.

    and crennel absolutely killed savage's tenure here. the last six games have been some of the worst football i've ever watched sixteen minutes of.

  • Savage done enough to kill his own career, the email to the fan and how he handled the KWII staph thing. Think Lerner figured the team needed the clean slate image so the players will see change not just a cover up. plus it got Savage out of here on the cheap. plus maybe lerner figured no one would come here under savage.

  • Nothing on WTAM's website. Nothing on WKYC or WEWS either. Nothing on WOIO.

  • Via WTAM it was Triv who called it; stating that 'believe me, Phil is no longer with the Browns organization'

  • I am wondering what this means in regards to Crennel. If Lerner is cleaning house so quickly, why haven't we heard that Crennel is gone? Might he being staying on in some capacity?
  • Via WTAM it was Triv who called it; stating that 'believe me, Phil is no longer with the Browns organization'

    @listercat said:

    Via WTAM it was Triv who called it; stating that 'believe me, Phil is no longer with the Browns organization'

    Triv may have got the story from the same PFT rumormill. Triv hates Savage more than Ghoolie does.

    This would seem to be a newsworthy story, and i can't find it anywhere substantial. Anyone find it?

  • The majors probably won't report it, roach, until it is proven 100%, but the rumor mills are running wild...

  • I could easily see Crennel staying around as d-coordinator for Schotty, Cowher, or McDaniels.

  • I hope not, DTBH. What would the point be???

  • It's the fast-track to a sucky, shit-ass prevent defense. That's what Cleveland is all about. What is not to get?

  • Savage wasn't bad but he dug his own grave by resigning DA and sending that stupid email.

  • Well I heard Triv about a month ago stating he had talked to Lerner himself and Lerner is Quoted as saying that romeo would definately be fired and that savage would be demoted meaning basically hes gone...so...No real surprise to Me...Triv had the scoop a month ago...