Skip to content

IT'S THE UNIFORMS...STUPID!!!

The Browns Board
42 29 3.3k
  • im down with the dawg logo, the cheerleaders, hooters girls instead of ushers, and lerner on the outside looking in

  • I think our unis are fine. However, they could sport a fat chick eating a hot dog for all I care...as long as we start winning!!

  • Never did I say change from the orange and brown. Nor did I say to change the uni's to attract bandwaggoners. What I did say was change is good and there is nothing...NOTHING wrong with moving forward.

    The uniforms look like our city. Like it or not, people are moving away in droves because our city, like our team, is unwilling to change and is stuck in the past. If you didn't grow up loving the team, you'd agree with virtually every other NFL fan when they always vote our uniforms as being one of the ugliest in the league. It's like having an ugly daughter that you can't figure out why she hasn't had a date by her 40th birthday. Like that movie Shallow Hal where he sees beauty while everyone else sees a fat chick.

    Of course this board is going to be heavy on the 'traditionalists' who don't want new uniforms. That's what these boards are for - the fans that will be fans no matter what. Well, guess what? We need to worry about attracting new and young fans. For the record, my 2 year old son and 7 year old daughter both have jerseys and have since they were infants (son - #73 Thomas, daughter #10 Quinn of course), so I will wear and support whatever they wear. But there are plenty of young fans who know NOTHING about the Browns other than losing. They aren't attracted to anything about the team, including the uniforms.

    There aren't THAT many die-hards left when you compare to other teams. Look around you. Today I was in Stow at OfficeMax where 2 young gals were checking out customers BOTH in Polamalu jerseys. I then went to Giant Eagle to see 3 more f'in Steeler jerseys. I was solo in wearing my Browns sweatshirt. Don't you see this around you as well?

    You can argue winning will cure all, but when will that come? It's been a loooooooong time. And there are no guarantees we'll win anytime soon.

    Don't fool yourselves into thinking we have a vast fanbase. You're idiots if you honestly believe that. I'd bet good money that if you polled fans under the age of 20 who they root for and the fanbase of the Browns would be in the bottom third of the league as for total fans.

    Or, just turn a blind eye like the City does and watch as our fanbase continues to dwindle just as our population does.

    Just my opinion, speaking up for the others that dare not challenge 'tradition'.......

    @squintz said:

    Never did I say change from the orange and brown. Nor did I say to change the uni's to attract bandwaggoners. What I did say was change is good and there is nothing...NOTHING wrong with moving forward.

    The uniforms look like our city. Like it or not, people are moving away in droves because our city, like our team, is unwilling to change and is stuck in the past. If you didn't grow up loving the team, you'd agree with virtually every other NFL fan when they always vote our uniforms as being one of the ugliest in the league. It's like having an ugly daughter that you can't figure out why she hasn't had a date by her 40th birthday. Like that movie Shallow Hal where he sees beauty while everyone else sees a fat chick.

    Of course this board is going to be heavy on the 'traditionalists' who don't want new uniforms. That's what these boards are for - the fans that will be fans no matter what. Well, guess what? We need to worry about attracting new and young fans. For the record, my 2 year old son and 7 year old daughter both have jerseys and have since they were infants (son - #73 Thomas, daughter #10 Quinn of course), so I will wear and support whatever they wear. But there are plenty of young fans who know NOTHING about the Browns other than losing. They aren't attracted to anything about the team, including the uniforms.

    There aren't THAT many die-hards left when you compare to other teams. Look around you. Today I was in Stow at OfficeMax where 2 young gals were checking out customers BOTH in Polamalu jerseys. I then went to Giant Eagle to see 3 more f'in Steeler jerseys. I was solo in wearing my Browns sweatshirt. Don't you see this around you as well?

    You can argue winning will cure all, but when will that come? It's been a loooooooong time. And there are no guarantees we'll win anytime soon.

    Don't fool yourselves into thinking we have a vast fanbase. You're idiots if you honestly believe that. I'd bet good money that if you polled fans under the age of 20 who they root for and the fanbase of the Browns would be in the bottom third of the league as for total fans.

    Or, just turn a blind eye like the City does and watch as our fanbase continues to dwindle just as our population does.

    Just my opinion, speaking up for the others that dare not challenge 'tradition'.......

    BTW, those chicks at Office Max aren't fans- they're front runners. Those Steelers unis haven't changed in about as long as the Browns IIRC. But they sure are cool, aren't they? Move to Pittsburgh, for all I care. Ya see you young 'uns haven't seen that it all goes in cycles. 49er stuff was way in when Rice and Montana were winning Super Bowls. Don't see too much of that gear around now, do you? Farve and the Packers, Aikman and the Cowboys. Winning cures everything pal.

    Sorry, as long as Randy is running the Browns nothings going to change. Generally, updating the look does nothing to foster fan support- I'll say it again- winning does. The "old" Chager unis were generally considered to be among the coolest around- but they didn't fit the Madison avenue mold that darker is cooler. Lets have every team dress in black- it's sure heading that way. IMHO the Denver update was horrendous. Doug Deiken said it best that the Bengals helmets look like weird bowling balls. The only update that I actually liked was Tampa Bay's.

  • Keep orange and brown and add a tan color to the scheme.

  • Helmet logo, helmet logo, helmet logo !

    Every team has a logo but us with just a 'helmet and color'.

    Helmet logo, orange jerseys as alternates and orange pants with the away jerseys.

    Although, as stated several times, the uniforms will change nothing. It might buy some recognition for a week or so next season, but the bottom line is the uniforms don't 'buy' fans. The team does.

    The Giants jerseys have gone back to plain blue. Lots of those around, I wonder why ?

    I really doubt we'll see Monday Night Football again for the next 10 years just because the team LOOKS good.

  • I'll try to put it down as simple as I can: NO.

  • Keep the colors. That is what the browns are.

    However I maybe in the middle on this. Yes, I think we could do something with the uniforms. I wouldn't want something that looks like it was designed on the BRAVO channel, but I think a semi, re-imaging of the team might do us well. The astro's eventually changed their uniforms, and so the did the patriots and buccaneers... Those were hideous..

    The Browns uniforms aren't ugly, their just plain is all..

  • half you people posting aren't real browns fans. bunch of pussys . A uniform represents your team. A uniform represents the past. A uniform shouldn't be changing. What should be changing is us....winning!! KEEP THE OLD UNIFORMS!!

  • half you people posting aren't real browns fans. bunch of pussys . A uniform represents your team. A uniform represents the past. A uniform shouldn't be changing. What should be changing is us....winning!! KEEP THE OLD UNIFORMS!!

    @ledzepfan1 said:

    half you people posting aren't real browns fans. bunch of pussys . A uniform represents your team. A uniform represents the past. A uniform shouldn't be changing. What should be changing is us....winning!! KEEP THE OLD UNIFORMS!!

    Real f'in mature. You set the stage for a GREAT argument with the 'bunch of pussys' reference (spelled incorrectly at that).

    Not real Browns fans because we're not stuck in the past and actually welcome change? Or we're not real fans because we recognize that even when we were winning the talking heads still made reference to our ugly uniforms and ugly city? WTF?

    The easy thing to do is say "screw them" but the fact is maybe they're right to a point. Maybe it is time to look in the mirror at EVERYTHING. And the uniforms are simply an avenue to promote that we are looking forward, not longing for the past.

    I'm not advocating radical change, but some definite tweaks are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy past due.

  • What are everyones opinions on the orange Jersey's?

    How about the numbers on the helmets? as pictured on jerome harrison in my avatar?

    I think theyre both pretty sweet

    @playgroundlegend said:

    What are everyones opinions on the orange Jersey's?

    How about the numbers on the helmets? as pictured on jerome harrison in my avatar?

    I think theyre both pretty sweet

    Orange jerseys - NO

    Numbered helmets - Keep it like now, wear them a couple times a season.

  • @hiwaygal said:

    If the young'uns are raised properly, they will get the Browns stuff.

    We don't need to change things to get some frontrunner type fans...or a bunch of kids who just want to look cool.

    Keep the Orange and Brown - bring back MORE of the old stuff!!!

    Amen Mamma! 😎

  • Keep the uniforms the way they are.

    Change the people who wear them

  • Keep the Uniforms the same. It's tradition, and that is a good thing. We don't need some gay new uniform to "bring" in new fans. Win's brings in fans, and keep fans. Nothing else. You think our uniforms are plain, look at Penn State.

  • No new uniforms i have fond memories of my beloved browns i liked the orange pants though and still do! 😉

    Cheerleaders C'mon randy you owe us these for the hell you and your pops has put us through! lol

    @gips said:

    No new uniforms i have fond memories of my beloved browns i liked the orange pants though and still do! 😉

    Cheerleaders C'mon randy you owe us these for the hell you and your pops has put us through! lol

    Yes, cheerleaders. Mgmt could look for the uglyest girls in C-town and call them the "DAWGETTES".

    Now thats funny, I dont care who your are!!!! 😆

  • i can't believe i allowed myself to be sucked into this dumb thread. The uniforms aren't changing, so get over it.

    The numbers on the helmet were gay. They work for throwback day (as if fans really like throwback unis), but who needs a time warp week after week?

    The brown pants are gay. The players looked like they were wearing pajamas on the field.

    The orange jerseys are gay because, well they are.

    Helmet logos are cool unless you're talking about a Browns helmet, then they're gay.

    If you want to change something, i'd vote for the Sipe era orange pants- but only for a couple of games per season. Throw in some cheerleaders (we need something to look at during all those mindless TV timeouts) and i'm a happy guy.

  • Keep the Uniforms the same. It's tradition, and that is a good thing. We don't need some gay new uniform to "bring" in new fans. Win's brings in fans, and keep fans. Nothing else. You think our uniforms are plain, look at Penn State.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Keep the Uniforms the same. It's tradition, and that is a good thing. We don't need some gay new uniform to "bring" in new fans. Win's brings in fans, and keep fans. Nothing else. You think our uniforms are plain, look at Penn State.

    Indeed the uniforms is the tradition, however..the NFL is a bizness first...ya know, makin dough ray me.......The uniforms are boring, boring, boring...Keep the helmet, and go to work on the rest of the uniform...

    Giant companies like BUD, and Microsoft, try to keep their finger on the pulse of changing with time...

    Stop being such a scared bunch of little girlscouts...

    ..

    THe point is, these uniforms have worn out the welcome years ago..many years ago.....It's time to build some new moments in time with different uniform design......

  • As a fan of another AFC north team, some may say your rival. I would hate to see the Browns change the uni's. Tradition is tradition, like it or not. Lets get it on!

  • Never did I say change from the orange and brown. Nor did I say to change the uni's to attract bandwaggoners. What I did say was change is good and there is nothing...NOTHING wrong with moving forward.

    The uniforms look like our city. Like it or not, people are moving away in droves because our city, like our team, is unwilling to change and is stuck in the past. If you didn't grow up loving the team, you'd agree with virtually every other NFL fan when they always vote our uniforms as being one of the ugliest in the league. It's like having an ugly daughter that you can't figure out why she hasn't had a date by her 40th birthday. Like that movie Shallow Hal where he sees beauty while everyone else sees a fat chick.

    Of course this board is going to be heavy on the 'traditionalists' who don't want new uniforms. That's what these boards are for - the fans that will be fans no matter what. Well, guess what? We need to worry about attracting new and young fans. For the record, my 2 year old son and 7 year old daughter both have jerseys and have since they were infants (son - #73 Thomas, daughter #10 Quinn of course), so I will wear and support whatever they wear. But there are plenty of young fans who know NOTHING about the Browns other than losing. They aren't attracted to anything about the team, including the uniforms.

    There aren't THAT many die-hards left when you compare to other teams. Look around you. Today I was in Stow at OfficeMax where 2 young gals were checking out customers BOTH in Polamalu jerseys. I then went to Giant Eagle to see 3 more f'in Steeler jerseys. I was solo in wearing my Browns sweatshirt. Don't you see this around you as well?

    You can argue winning will cure all, but when will that come? It's been a loooooooong time. And there are no guarantees we'll win anytime soon.

    Don't fool yourselves into thinking we have a vast fanbase. You're idiots if you honestly believe that. I'd bet good money that if you polled fans under the age of 20 who they root for and the fanbase of the Browns would be in the bottom third of the league as for total fans.

    Or, just turn a blind eye like the City does and watch as our fanbase continues to dwindle just as our population does.

    Just my opinion, speaking up for the others that dare not challenge 'tradition'.......

    @squintz said:

    Never did I say change from the orange and brown. Nor did I say to change the uni's to attract bandwaggoners. What I did say was change is good and there is nothing...NOTHING wrong with moving forward.

    The uniforms look like our city. Like it or not, people are moving away in droves because our city, like our team, is unwilling to change and is stuck in the past. If you didn't grow up loving the team, you'd agree with virtually every other NFL fan when they always vote our uniforms as being one of the ugliest in the league. It's like having an ugly daughter that you can't figure out why she hasn't had a date by her 40th birthday. Like that movie Shallow Hal where he sees beauty while everyone else sees a fat chick.

    Of course this board is going to be heavy on the 'traditionalists' who don't want new uniforms. That's what these boards are for - the fans that will be fans no matter what. Well, guess what? We need to worry about attracting new and young fans. For the record, my 2 year old son and 7 year old daughter both have jerseys and have since they were infants (son - #73 Thomas, daughter #10 Quinn of course), so I will wear and support whatever they wear. But there are plenty of young fans who know NOTHING about the Browns other than losing. They aren't attracted to anything about the team, including the uniforms.

    There aren't THAT many die-hards left when you compare to other teams. Look around you. Today I was in Stow at OfficeMax where 2 young gals were checking out customers BOTH in Polamalu jerseys. I then went to Giant Eagle to see 3 more f'in Steeler jerseys. I was solo in wearing my Browns sweatshirt. Don't you see this around you as well?

    You can argue winning will cure all, but when will that come? It's been a loooooooong time. And there are no guarantees we'll win anytime soon.

    Don't fool yourselves into thinking we have a vast fanbase. You're idiots if you honestly believe that. I'd bet good money that if you polled fans under the age of 20 who they root for and the fanbase of the Browns would be in the bottom third of the league as for total fans.

    Or, just turn a blind eye like the City does and watch as our fanbase continues to dwindle just as our population does.

    Just my opinion, speaking up for the others that dare not challenge 'tradition'.......

    When your Entire History is played in these uniforms... You going to get this reaction. So as much Bad memories that are in theses uniforms . All your NFL Titles are also IN these Uniforms. As an outside observer most of my friends like the Orange Jerseys.

  • New uniforms are not the answer. No to orange jerseys, brown pants, or numbers on the helmet. We need better players, execution, leadership in the front office and a better coach. Uniforms are the least of our problems.

  • quinnmd.jpgpg2_a_bekw_300.jpg

    bedwardsorangereebokjersey.jpg340x.jpg

    I dunno why people dont like orange jerseys and numbered helmets, I think they're sweet! They are way more flashy, and they send the message.