Is this what we can expect
-
Is this what we can expect now with Pat Shurmur and Colt McCoy running the WCO:
-
Is this what we can expect now with Pat Shurmur and Colt McCoy running the WCO:
Is this what we can expect now with Pat Shurmur and Colt McCoy running the WCO:
One can only hope.
-
I seriously doubt Colt will be compared to Montana ten years from now. But nobody expected Montana to reach that level or for Tom Brady to reach that level, so who knows?
-
I seriously doubt Colt will be compared to Montana ten years from now. But nobody expected Montana to reach that level or for Tom Brady to reach that level, so who knows?
I seriously doubt Colt will be compared to Montana ten years from now. But nobody expected Montana to reach that level or for Tom Brady to reach that level, so who knows?
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
-
I seriously doubt Colt will be compared to Montana ten years from now. But nobody expected Montana to reach that level or for Tom Brady to reach that level, so who knows?
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
If Hillis can stay healthy through the course of 16 games, and the Browns can find that true #1 receiver, there's no reason not to believe that McCoy couldn't develop into a franchise QB. Montana had Rice and Taylor, but he also had Craig and Rathmann. Give McCoy the pieces, and let him develop with the offense.
-
I seriously doubt Colt will be compared to Montana ten years from now. But nobody expected Montana to reach that level or for Tom Brady to reach that level, so who knows?
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
-
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
If Hillis can stay healthy through the course of 16 games, and the Browns can find that true #1 receiver, there's no reason not to believe that McCoy couldn't develop into a franchise QB. Montana had Rice and Taylor, but he also had Craig and Rathmann. Give McCoy the pieces, and let him develop with the offense.
If Hillis can stay healthy through the course of 16 games, and the Browns can find that true #1 receiver, there's no reason not to believe that McCoy couldn't develop into a franchise QB. Montana had Rice and Taylor, but he also had Craig and Rathmann. Give McCoy the pieces, and let him develop with the offense.
TE and RB are really important in a WCO, and we have a back who can really catch in Hillis and a TE in Watson who was among the league's best last year. If the Browns can get a big YAC guy for the #1 WR spot, like Green or Jones, McCoy has to be a very happy man.
Frankly, I think he's pretty happy right now with the commitment to a WCO. The one little thing that might be concerning him is that Heckert and Shurmur both have connections to Kolb. I don't see it happening... I'm just saying.
-
As ive learned more about coach shurmur's secret nfl/collegiate past i think its more than safe to say he is legitimately qualified and more than ready to move up to HC lets just hope he is a really good one..
And that he puts quality coordinators and staff in place to move this team forward!
Welcome coach shurmur!
You have to earn the fans trust in this arena buddy!

-
This is the stuff that makes our fan base look bad.
Don't get angry, but it is really stupid to start comparing McCoy to Montana.
I'm still amazed that we call Hillis "the Beast" and compare him to Jim Brown after 10 games.
(OK, Come on, Lets get it started, "fag", "homo" "you must not really be a Browns fan" our regular retorts to thoses who require results)
-
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
That was Colt McCoy who said it.
OK, I am a Texas homer butttttttttt.....I have watched Texas football for over 30 years and Colt McCoy, by far, is the best QB I ever saw play there over an entire careeer. I am not saying he was the most talented, I am saying he was the best. He was even-headed, cool under pressure, competitive beyond belief, accurate, smart, a winner, quick read/fast release, ran when it was smart to run, made few mistakes, listened to his coaches, put his head down when he had to, always prepared, always admitted his mistakes and took the blame when it was his to take, always worked hard in practice, an outstanding example for his team/team mates/fans, and was an exceptional citizen to the NCAA community, etc, etc.
OK, the NFL is bigger, faster, but in the end it is the player's commitment and character that often pushes his talent to exceptional levels.
I am going to be very surprised if Colte does not succeed as a Brown and if the Browns don't turn things around.
-
cool. the can mangini fans are starting to turn on each other. if shurmur or holmy doesn't like mccoy what then longhorn, go root for your next team he or vince young goes to? oh that's right vince young isn't in the league anymore.
-
cool. the can mangini fans are starting to turn on each other. if shurmur or holmy doesn't like mccoy what then longhorn, go root for your next team he or vince young goes to? oh that's right vince young isn't in the league anymore.
cool. the can mangini fans are starting to turn on each other. if shurmur or holmy doesn't like mccoy what then longhorn, go root for your next team he or vince young goes to? oh that's right vince young isn't in the league anymore.
No, I will still be here with you mik, we're a team.

I was a Brown's fan long before McCoy came on the scene....I just didn't join message boards till recently because I was working 12-18 hours a day for the past 10 years or so and didn't have time. Now I do.
Oh and by the way, the Texas Longhorns are not in direct competition with the Browns. The NFL Texas teams are the Cowboys (which I can stand, but don't invest much time or energy with) or the Texans (who usually give me a headache when I watch them).
Yes, I do follow Texas players in the NFL.....whoopti-damn-dooo.
Finally, I am not a Holgren or Shurmur "fan". I am a Browns fan. Screw whoever is coaching or playing if they aren't getting our team to the next level. If Holmgren fails, I'll be cheering on his departure too and you will be welcome to throw my faith in him in my face.
Just don't tell me I am less of a Browns fan than you because I live geographically farther than you do. You have the benefit of local access/coverage, experiences, etc. to the team but I assure you I am a Browns fan. If that ain't good enough for you then kiss my Texas ass.
-
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
I hope it was the ghost of Bill Walsh

-
cool. the can mangini fans are starting to turn on each other. if shurmur or holmy doesn't like mccoy what then longhorn, go root for your next team he or vince young goes to? oh that's right vince young isn't in the league anymore.
No, I will still be here with you mik, we're a team.

I was a Brown's fan long before McCoy came on the scene....I just didn't join message boards till recently because I was working 12-18 hours a day for the past 10 years or so and didn't have time. Now I do.
Oh and by the way, the Texas Longhorns are not in direct competition with the Browns. The NFL Texas teams are the Cowboys (which I can stand, but don't invest much time or energy with) or the Texans (who usually give me a headache when I watch them).
Yes, I do follow Texas players in the NFL.....whoopti-damn-dooo.
Finally, I am not a Holgren or Shurmur "fan". I am a Browns fan. Screw whoever is coaching or playing if they aren't getting our team to the next level. If Holmgren fails, I'll be cheering on his departure too and you will be welcome to throw my faith in him in my face.
Just don't tell me I am less of a Browns fan than you because I live geographically farther than you do. You have the benefit of local access/coverage, experiences, etc. to the team but I assure you I am a Browns fan. If that ain't good enough for you then kiss my Texas ass.
No, I will still be here with you mik, we're a team.
I was a Brown's fan long before McCoy came on the scene....I just didn't join message boards till recently because I was working 12-18 hours a day for the past 10 years or so and didn't have time. Now I do.
Oh and by the way, the Texas Longhorns are not in direct competition with the Browns. The NFL Texas teams are the Cowboys (which I can stand, but don't invest much time or energy with) or the Texans (who usually give me a headache when I watch them).
Yes, I do follow Texas players in the NFL.....whoopti-damn-dooo.
Finally, I am not a Holgren or Shurmur "fan". I am a Browns fan. Screw whoever is coaching or playing if they aren't getting our team to the next level. If Holmgren fails, I'll be cheering on his departure too and you will be welcome to throw my faith in him in my face.
Just don't tell me I am less of a Browns fan than you because I live geographically farther than you do. You have the benefit of local access/coverage, experiences, etc. to the team but I assure you I am a Browns fan. If that ain't good enough for you then kiss my Texas ass.
god bless ya texas. never said anything about geography. i haven't lived in ohio since '81. yeah i know the difference between college and nfl and what teams texas has in each respect. what about tcu? you'd root for any team texas wouldn't you? i mean i'm from ohio and even though cincy is our rival, if they were the last team standing in the afc you know i'd be cheering for them.
no. my big beef with you guys (can mangini) is this we gotta win right now thing. if we haven't had front office and managerial foundation for years how did we expect a guy to come in, when everything is in shambles and turn it around in 2 years when he has to pick through all the garbage the last guy left him? and pretty much think after 8 games that you're a lame-duck coach?
if holmgren was going to implement his system and bring in his guys, he should have fired mangini from the get go. IMO.
-
McCoy and Montana are of similar stature. Montana was 6'1" 200, McCoy is 6'1" 215. Both were 3rd round picks.
Similar arm strength and accuracy.
Of course, though, who knows about the Chutzpah! Colt has some. Not sure that anyone has ever had as much as Joe Cool.
And it would be nice if McCoy had his Jerry Rice. Maybe AJ Green or Julio Jones?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
Somebody smart told Holmgren that McCoy would "make you forget about Montana." Who was that?
Holmgren said it him self. Gil brandt was talking with him on NFL radio.
-
No, I will still be here with you mik, we're a team.
I was a Brown's fan long before McCoy came on the scene....I just didn't join message boards till recently because I was working 12-18 hours a day for the past 10 years or so and didn't have time. Now I do.
Oh and by the way, the Texas Longhorns are not in direct competition with the Browns. The NFL Texas teams are the Cowboys (which I can stand, but don't invest much time or energy with) or the Texans (who usually give me a headache when I watch them).
Yes, I do follow Texas players in the NFL.....whoopti-damn-dooo.
Finally, I am not a Holgren or Shurmur "fan". I am a Browns fan. Screw whoever is coaching or playing if they aren't getting our team to the next level. If Holmgren fails, I'll be cheering on his departure too and you will be welcome to throw my faith in him in my face.
Just don't tell me I am less of a Browns fan than you because I live geographically farther than you do. You have the benefit of local access/coverage, experiences, etc. to the team but I assure you I am a Browns fan. If that ain't good enough for you then kiss my Texas ass.
god bless ya texas. never said anything about geography. i haven't lived in ohio since '81. yeah i know the difference between college and nfl and what teams texas has in each respect. what about tcu? you'd root for any team texas wouldn't you? i mean i'm from ohio and even though cincy is our rival, if they were the last team standing in the afc you know i'd be cheering for them.
no. my big beef with you guys (can mangini) is this we gotta win right now thing. if we haven't had front office and managerial foundation for years how did we expect a guy to come in, when everything is in shambles and turn it around in 2 years when he has to pick through all the garbage the last guy left him? and pretty much think after 8 games that you're a lame-duck coach?
if holmgren was going to implement his system and bring in his guys, he should have fired mangini from the get go. IMO.
god bless ya texas. never said anything about geography. i haven't lived in ohio since '81. yeah i know the difference between college and nfl and what teams texas has in each respect. what about tcu? you'd root for any team texas wouldn't you? i mean i'm from ohio and even though cincy is our rival, if they were the last team standing in the afc you know i'd be cheering for them.
no. my big beef with you guys (can mangini) is this we gotta win right now thing. if we haven't had front office and managerial foundation for years how did we expect a guy to come in, when everything is in shambles and turn it around in 2 years when he has to pick through all the garbage the last guy left him? and pretty much think after 8 games that you're a lame-duck coach?
if holmgren was going to implement his system and bring in his guys, he should have fired mangini from the get go. IMO.
I agree 100%. If Holmgram wanted to bring in his guy he should have done it last year. I feel like this year was playoffs or bust for Mangini and we had no where close to playoff talent. He was basically a sitting duck all year unless the stars aligned. The situation was unfair, but that is life in the NFL.
-
god bless ya texas. never said anything about geography. i haven't lived in ohio since '81. yeah i know the difference between college and nfl and what teams texas has in each respect. what about tcu? you'd root for any team texas wouldn't you? i mean i'm from ohio and even though cincy is our rival, if they were the last team standing in the afc you know i'd be cheering for them.
no. my big beef with you guys (can mangini) is this we gotta win right now thing. if we haven't had front office and managerial foundation for years how did we expect a guy to come in, when everything is in shambles and turn it around in 2 years when he has to pick through all the garbage the last guy left him? and pretty much think after 8 games that you're a lame-duck coach?
if holmgren was going to implement his system and bring in his guys, he should have fired mangini from the get go. IMO.
I agree 100%. If Holmgram wanted to bring in his guy he should have done it last year. I feel like this year was playoffs or bust for Mangini and we had no where close to playoff talent. He was basically a sitting duck all year unless the stars aligned. The situation was unfair, but that is life in the NFL.
I agree 100%. If Holmgram wanted to bring in his guy he should have done it last year. I feel like this year was playoffs or bust for Mangini and we had no where close to playoff talent. He was basically a sitting duck all year unless the stars aligned. The situation was unfair, but that is life in the NFL.
I really believe it went down this way.
Holmgren had a lot to do when he walked in the door. He couldn't change everything at once. I think he had some faith/hope in Mangini.
He had a serious heart to heart with Mangini and must have felt that Mangini MIGHT SUCCEED. He gave Mangini the chance to be successful in 2010.
After the 2010 season, Holmgren did an honest assessment, he decided to fire Mangini. I don't think it was some inevitable plot from the day the Walrus walked in the door.
Once he fired Mangini, it is only human that he would seek out one of his guys, somone that had the same thoughts and philosophies as he did.
I believe it is that simple.
I'm a history buff. This situation reminds me of Lloyd Fredendall. Who Longhorn? WTH?
Go read up on him. He was a successful American general in WWII. He had several key victories and once critical victory known as Operation Toch during the very early stages of WWII. HIs men loved him. However, things changed in 1943 when he lost the Battle of Kasserine Pass to von Arnim and Rommel. He was immediately removed of that command by Eisenhower. However, he was given a new job, received a promotion, and went home a hero. Why was he replaced? Seldom does a general win every battle? He was replaced because (1) his troops were defeated (remember our team by the end of the year), (2) the American public was dismayed by the loss (like our fans), (3) the enemy (Stoolers and Ratbirds) still occupied the territory we anted, and (4) new blood/tactics might turn things around. Eisenhower didn't want Lloyd to fail, but he knew he had to win and fast.
Who replaced him? A guy named George S. Patton. Patton re-trained those same defeated troops, brought in new tactics, brought in replacements and went on to kick the Germans out of Africa.
Now I am hoping Shurmur turns out to be a Patton. Lord knows we are due. But, he may end up another Lloyd. If that's the case, we're hosed because Holmgren (our Eisenhower) must go too. That would really suck.
So, I hope Mangini's firing turns into an opportunity for him and his coordinators that also got fired.
But more, right now, I hope Shurmur is our Patton. The reality is we never know. But like those defeated troops of Lloyd, we have a new General coming to town and it is time to get back in line and do what we do best...............support the Browns. (I know, another "rah-rah" speech from a "Texas fan". Too bad, I'm the optimistic type.)
-
Is this what we can expect now with Pat Shurmur and Colt McCoy running the WCO:
Is this what we can expect now with Pat Shurmur and Colt McCoy running the WCO:
the only noticeable difference is the long passing capabilities. J.M had it locked down and was accurate at long distance, Colt not so much.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login