What If?
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Say "xxxx football"
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
-
The NFL would become a very casual thing here to say the least, however if randy left the colors and the history intact and the nfl promised another expansion i would likely be excited about it because i believe the next time there would be a hardcore local effort to buy the team..
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
My first reaction was "why speculate on something so ridiculous".....then of course I thought back to the time that Modell attempted to move, and in that interim period before he was stopped the possibility existed that we could have indeed been faced with this dilemma. So I thought back to what my thinking was then and I concluded that if Cleveland did not have a football team I would probably: A. Only bother tangentially with the NFL. I would go to movies or on hikes or do whatever on Sundays in the fall.....that is what I did for 3 years. or B. if I had to pick another team to root for it would have been The Green Bay Packers. Several reasons for this: 1. The Packers are the only community owned team in the NFL that is not owned by a potential fatcat f**kup. 2. My wife's family is from Wisconsin and are Packer fans so I suspect I would have had a natural affinity for them for that reason. 3. The Green Bay Packers are the only throwback to the days when the NFL was actually centered in smaller, industrial towns of the midwest and east. Of all the Akron Pros, Canton Bulldogs, Pottsville Maroonsm, Muncie Flyers, Dayton Triangles, Rock Island Independents, Rocherster Jeffersons, etc. they are the only remnant left.
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
A public flogging may be in order.
For sake of conversation, the NFL would never air again inside my home. I would root for my hometown college team, THE Ohio Wesleyan University Battling Bishops. Go OWU!

-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
First off I would be incredible upset. I dn't like any of the teams around us. I think I could root for Detriot but I wouldn't want to have to go there to watch games. I would probably find a guy going into the draft that I really liked and follow whatever team drafted him (except if he is drafted by the Steelers or Patriots. I will never root for these two teams).
-
Just curious to see what everyone would do.
Say "xxxx football"
Say "xxxx football"
Ditto
Most of us really don't need football in our lives, it just seems that way. I'd just break the cord and find something else that wasn't controlled by big money
-
Wouldn't this be considered blasphemy on this board?
A public flogging may be in order.
For sake of conversation, the NFL would never air again inside my home. I would root for my hometown college team, THE Ohio Wesleyan University Battling Bishops. Go OWU!

A public flogging may be in order.
For sake of conversation, the NFL would never air again inside my home. I would root for my hometown college team, THE Ohio Wesleyan University Battling Bishops. Go OWU!

Did you go there? My son's best friend in high school goes there. My son goes to a rival school:

-
Formerly Sane said:
Only truth and logic are considered blasphemy on this board, the OP was neither!You are truly living in 1984 where to you ignorance and stupidity are your truth and logic.
-
Formerly Sane said:
Your mom is a man!Its true, she had more balls than you do.
-
Sane that was a truely ignorant post - apologies are in order IMO...
If the Browns left I would no longer follow the game except for the playoffs and the super bowl...
During the Browns hiatis I did exactly that, spent my entertainment dollar at other venues.
I'm a lifelong Browns fan, was a junior in college when they won it in 64 and hit every bar in town the day after their victory.
Root for a team other than the Browns----NEVER...........................
Peace
T.Dawg
-
I would cry for a long time.. AGAIN..
I wouldnt root for any other team...
I would spend my sundays with hookers to take my mind off the madness
-
That's what we did in Baltimore for 13 years. I on the other hand, rooted for Buffalo. Which is a lot like giving your money to hookers.
sorry bad choice of words from me, i actually call them exotic dancers..
-
That's what we did in Baltimore for 13 years. I on the other hand, rooted for Buffalo. Which is a lot like giving your money to hookers.
sorry bad choice of words from me, i actually call them exotic dancers..
-
A public flogging may be in order.
For sake of conversation, the NFL would never air again inside my home. I would root for my hometown college team, THE Ohio Wesleyan University Battling Bishops. Go OWU!

Did you go there? My son's best friend in high school goes there. My son goes to a rival school:

Did you go there? My son's best friend in high school goes there. My son goes to a rival school:

Not an alumni. Just a local resident for 20 years. Love taking the kids for the home games at Selby Field. Built in 1929 by same construction company that erected original Yankee stadium. To me, a more
enjoyable fall outing watching the kids play ball without all the trappings of a major football program. The games at OSU, 30 miles down the pike, lack the purity of the small college games. Must be mellowing
out.
-
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
What if Lerner sold the team tomorrow, and the Browns no longer belonged to Cleveland? What team would you root for then? Would you have one or ban wagon a New England type team? Just curious to see what everyone would do.
So what if we dont have someone to root for ? We still have some one to root against . I may not be jumping on any teams bandwagon but you will surely find me rooting against some teams.
-
Formerly Sane said:
He's only a lawyer.....xxxx him!
Pucker up, buttercup.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login