Skip to content

Brian Daboll New Dolphins OC

The Browns Board
29 25 2.8k
  • Wow now that is funny

  • At least that Clevelander taking his talents to South Beach won't tick people off.

  • I thought I was done with this guy, now I will get see his masterful offense every week down here. Awesome.

  • Sweet, he can run around barefoot, hopped up on coke like 1/2 of the city is. Then maybe he can come up with some creative ways to get Brandon Marshall to run a double reverse to himself and then the same play, pass a slant to himself in the Clash offense, during one of his "all-nighters".

    Was a fan of Mangini and Ryan, never liked this hack.

  • Watch him and ryan be successful next year. lol

  • When mccoy played daboll's play calling looked pretty good. You need good players to run a good offense so I expect him to do better next year. Parcells has an eye for coaching talent.

  • Not sure if anyone saw this. Good riddance.

    The Miami Dolphins are set to announce Brian Daboll as their offensive coordinator, a league source said Monday.

    Daboll, who spent the past two seasons as offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns, takes over for Dan Henning on coach Tony Sparano's Dolphins staff.

    Daboll guided a Browns offense that netted 10 wins in two years and this season ranked 31st in points per game (16.9), 29th in total yards per game (289.7), 29th in passing yards per game (186.8) and 20th in rushing yards per game (102.9).

    The Dolphins are looking for a boost on offense after ranking 30th in points per game (17.1) and 21st in total yards per game (323.1).

    Dallas Cowboys tight ends coach John Garrett and San Diego Chargers tight ends/assistant head coach Rob Chudzinski -- also a former Browns offensive coordinator -- were believed to have interviewed for the Dolphins' offensive coordinatore job. Garrett will remain with the Cowboys to serve as passing game coordinator.

    Before joining the Browns, Daboll spent two seasons with the New York Jets as quarterbacks coach, working with Brett Favre in 2008.

    Daboll also spent seven seasons on the New England Patriots' staff, where he earned three Super Bowl rings as a defensive coaching assistant (2000-01) and wide receivers coach (2002-06).

  • Talk about a shocker, what is the front office of Miami smoking? I'm glad he's another teams problem. I think we're all in deep agreeance that this guy was awful. Wether you like Mangini or not we all hated Daboll and his atrocious play calling. We do have that don't we? Good riddance Dumballs..

  • Well he has two talented wide receivers and two decent RB's and an average to good qb. I actually think Henne could STILL end up being alright in the NFL. That is more talent then he had around him in Cleveland so it should be interesting to see what he can do with it. He is gone so I wish him the best of luck and a ton of success as long as that success doesn't negatively impact the Browns in any way.

  • When mccoy played daboll's play calling looked pretty good. You need good players to run a good offense so I expect him to do better next year. Parcells has an eye for coaching talent.

    @dawgtracker said:

    When mccoy played daboll's play calling looked pretty good. You need good players to run a good offense so I expect him to do better next year. Parcells has an eye for coaching talent.

    Parcells isn't with the Dolphins any longer.

  • Chudzinsky was hired by the Panthers ... FYI.

  • @dawgtracker said:

    When mccoy played daboll's play calling looked pretty good. You need good players to run a good offense so I expect him to do better next year. Parcells has an eye for coaching talent.

    Parcells isn't with the Dolphins any longer.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Parcells isn't with the Dolphins any longer.

    PDG...as long as Sparano is the coach...Parcells IS with the Dolphins in some way...

  • LMAO.gif

    They can have him!

  • Bye. thanks for the memories. TUIMM 🙁

  • Haha I just read on a miami website "just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the dolpins offense, they bring in brian daboll"

  • Watch him and ryan be successful next year. lol

    @halfsane said:

    Watch him and ryan be successful next year. lol

    Yeah karma's a Muthaxxxxa and id say we've seen are far share

  • Not to surprised with this hire. Its funny how in the nfl, you go from one teams trash to the other teams treasure.

  • The city of Miami just loves Cleveland's trash. NBA and now the NFL.

  • I don't know if it is karma. I think it simply points out that no coach is going to have much success with a lack of talent on the field.

    Ariens was run out of town on a rail, only to land 90 miles away in Pittsburgh. Seems to have worked out pretty good for him there.

  • Mangini has a proven 5 year track record of strangling offensives and their coordinators to the point of failure..

    So i wouldnt be at all surprised to see dabs be a success in miami without mangini's over conservative foot up his rear..