Skip to content

Seely gone?

The Browns Board
15 12 1.9k
  • This whole thing is a mess. I'm very surprised at the unprofessional approach this organization is taking. Very bad marketing skills I suspect.

  • This whole thing is a mess. I'm very surprised at the unprofessional approach this organization is taking. Very bad marketing skills I suspect.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    This whole thing is a mess. I'm very surprised at the unprofessional approach this organization is taking. Very bad marketing skills I suspect.

    Randy Lerner still owns the team and hires the people that manage it..

    Guess it shouldnt be to much of a surprise when a life long coach is made first time president of the cleveland browns and he hands the torch down to a 1st time head coach who has a problem putting together the right staff...hehehehehe

  • I was excited at first that this might be a good thing. Now it's starting to smell like a fish market. Before this is over, even Holmgren's pool boy will work for the Browns. Upper management of course. 😉

    There must be some quality people still left out there. Perhaps, the only people that want to come to the Browns at all, think Holmgren hung the moon.

  • Mangini was given two years with a bad team. If I was an assistant I would be wondering if I would be here more than two years. IF another situation seemed less volatile I might go there.

  • Mangini was given two years with a bad team. If I was an assistant I would be wondering if I would be here more than two years. IF another situation seemed less volatile I might go there.

    @dawgtracker said:

    Mangini was given two years with a bad team. If I was an assistant I would be wondering if I would be here more than two years. IF another situation seemed less volatile I might go there.

    I don't really buy the volatility angle.

    A coach is as stable as his contract. Once he signs, 2-3-4 years is the same with a crappy team as it is with a sure fire SB team.

    If the staff is released and you still have time on the contract, you don't have to sweat out the next paycheck.

  • All 3 coordinators were on the street for about 5 minutes. If you heard Mangini on PFT

    he indicated he is listening to several offers..This is what knwledgable FOOTBALL people in the NFL

    think of the now former staff in Cleveland...just sayin

  • Fantastic, now we can hire another horrible coach for ST. Where's my gun?

  • Fantastic, now we can hire another horrible coach for ST. Where's my gun?

    @ithika said:

    Fantastic, now we can hire another horrible coach for ST. Where's my gun?

    That leaves a horrible mess. Use a rope.

  • Fantastic, now we can hire another horrible coach for ST. Where's my gun?

    @ithika said:

    Fantastic, now we can hire another horrible coach for ST. Where's my gun?

    Do it outside, someone's gotta clean that up.

  • I was excited at first that this might be a good thing. Now it's starting to smell like a fish market. Before this is over, even Holmgren's pool boy will work for the Browns. Upper management of course. 😉

    There must be some quality people still left out there. Perhaps, the only people that want to come to the Browns at all, think Holmgren hung the moon.

    @36bones said:

    I was excited at first that this might be a good thing. Now it's starting to smell like a fish market. Before this is over, even Holmgren's pool boy will work for the Browns. Upper management of course. 😉

    Not unless the pool boy has Lamonte as his aget remember . 🙄

  • @dawgtracker said:

    Mangini was given two years with a bad team. If I was an assistant I would be wondering if I would be here more than two years. IF another situation seemed less volatile I might go there.

    I don't really buy the volatility angle.

    A coach is as stable as his contract. Once he signs, 2-3-4 years is the same with a crappy team as it is with a sure fire SB team.

    If the staff is released and you still have time on the contract, you don't have to sweat out the next paycheck.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't really buy the volatility angle.

    A coach is as stable as his contract. Once he signs, 2-3-4 years is the same with a crappy team as it is with a sure fire SB team.

    If the staff is released and you still have time on the contract, you don't have to sweat out the next paycheck.

    You might have financial stability but if you want to work you would have no choice but to uproot your family again. If your family is important to you choosing the most stable situation might be important. Of course an assistant coach could be fired after one year of bad productivity so they might be immune to it.

  • Is there even a link to prove this because I haven't seen anything so far about Seely even being fired and since I think he has 1 year left on his contract he would have to be promoted to head coach in order to leave since he wasn't let go.

  • They didn't shit can him, they just said they weren't going to force him to stay if he wanted to leave with one year on his contract.

  • Is there even a link to prove this because I haven't seen anything so far about Seely even being fired and since I think he has 1 year left on his contract he would have to be promoted to head coach in order to leave since he wasn't let go.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Is there even a link to prove this because I haven't seen anything so far about Seely even being fired and since I think he has 1 year left on his contract he would have to be promoted to head coach in order to leave since he wasn't let go.

    49ers land Brad Seely to coach special teams

    The National Football Post

    The San Francisco 49ers got a coup today when they announced that Brad Seely has been hired as the special teams coach on Jim Harbaugh’s staff.

    Seely makes the move from Cleveland where he led one of the league’s top-ranked special teams units the past two seasons. He’s regarded as one of the foremost strategists when it comes to that area and he’ll provide an instant upgrade.

    The team also announced that four coaches are being retained. Defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, who served as the acting head coach for the final game of the season, offensive line coach Mike Solari, running backs coach Tom Rathman and assistant offensive line coach Ray Brown will remain.

    Getting Seely, though, is the big news. He could make a major impact in the return game.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-...comment-7805988