Skip to content

Two coaches to remain with team

The Browns Board
12 8 1.2k
  • Browns | Two coaches to remain with team

    Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:27:59 -0800

    The Cleveland Browns will keep tight ends coach Steve Hagen and offensive line coach George Warhop on their coaching staff, sources told Tony Grossi, of The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

    another little tidbit

    Browns | Met with Ko Simpson

    Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:13:19 -0800

    The Cleveland Browns met with free-agent FS Ko Simpson (Lions) earlier this week, a source told Adam Caplan, of FOXSports.com.

    http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl#ixzz1BtGEhqQp

  • Browns | Two coaches to remain with team

    Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:27:59 -0800

    The Cleveland Browns will keep tight ends coach Steve Hagen and offensive line coach George Warhop on their coaching staff, sources told Tony Grossi, of The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

    another little tidbit

    Browns | Met with Ko Simpson

    Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:13:19 -0800

    The Cleveland Browns met with free-agent FS Ko Simpson (Lions) earlier this week, a source told Adam Caplan, of FOXSports.com.

    http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl#ixzz1BtGEhqQp

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    another little tidbit

    http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl#ixzz1BtGEhqQp

    Seems like two coaches that we could keep. I don't know much about this Ko guy other than he didn't have alot of production and would we even be able to sign him without a new CPA unless that stuff didn't start until after the Super Bowl was over.

  • TE and OL were decent... good moves me thinks....

    Not a distinguished career, but I like Ko... He could let TJ move to SS which I think is a better fit for his skills...

  • TE and OL were decent... good moves me thinks....

    Not a distinguished career, but I like Ko... He could let TJ move to SS which I think is a better fit for his skills...

    @tour2ma said:

    TE and OL were decent... good moves me thinks....

    Not a distinguished career, but I like Ko... He could let TJ move to SS which I think is a better fit for his skills...

    I thought TJ was already at SS and Elam was at FS. Regardless I thing Elam is better than Ko.

  • Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    another little tidbit

    http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl#ixzz1BtGEhqQp

    Seems like two coaches that we could keep. I don't know much about this Ko guy other than he didn't have alot of production and would we even be able to sign him without a new CPA unless that stuff didn't start until after the Super Bowl was over.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    would we even be able to sign him without a new CPA unless that stuff didn't start until after the Super Bowl was over.

    What does a Certified Public Accountant have to do with signing him? 😉

    No, we cannot sign any free agents until a new CBA is in place.

  • Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

    @mddawg said:

    Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

    To me blocking is blocking, but I don't know this guys history.....maybe he is well schooled in a NCO scheme.

  • @mddawg said:

    Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

    To me blocking is blocking, but I don't know this guys history.....maybe he is well schooled in a NCO scheme.

    @ballpeen said:

    To me blocking is blocking, but I don't know this guys history.....maybe he is well schooled in a NCO scheme.

    I obviously have no idea what all a position coach does with his players but I always thought that they were responsible more so for developing and drilling their players more so than working on schemes for their position for the next game. I always thought the HC and coordinator whoould come up with a plan/scheme and just hand it down to the assistants and have them go over it.

    Development wise he has done a great job with Mack.

  • Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

    @mddawg said:

    Doesn't make sense to keep the OL coach, blocking schemes for WOC are a lot different from what Mangini/Daboll were running.

    He was OL coach for St. Louis, Arizona, Dallas and San Fran. Im sure he's well versed in WCO blocking schemes, or any other scheme for that matter.

  • @tour2ma said:

    TE and OL were decent... good moves me thinks....

    Not a distinguished career, but I like Ko... He could let TJ move to SS which I think is a better fit for his skills...

    I thought TJ was already at SS and Elam was at FS. Regardless I thing Elam is better than Ko.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I thought TJ was already at SS and Elam was at FS. Regardless I thing Elam is better than Ko.

    Not according to the depth chart... but in Ryan's scheme who's to say.

    Browns were doing quite a bit of zone run blocking anyway, WC, Single-back.... whatever...

    As I know I've read around here, in today's NFL offensive schemes are so complex they incorporate bits of all the named offenses of yesteryear...

  • We are going to miss Brad Seely. Mark my words.

  • We are going to miss Brad Seely. Mark my words.

    @brownindian said:

    We are going to miss Brad Seely. Mark my words.

    Agreed. I also saw that Kirt Schottenheimer was fired.....If we hire that idiot, I"M gonna be mad. He was awful here before & apparently that hasn't changed.

    Mike