Skip to content

Go Packers!

The Browns Board
242 47 13.9k
  • I know people on here talk about steelers on HGH

    But why doesnt anyone talk about Clay Matthews on HGH? He is the poster child for it, have you seen the shape of his forhead and Jaw line(overgrowth of facial bone).. It is the most obvious thing to anyone who knows anything about Growth Hormone...

    Also AJ Hawk looks like he is on it also

    That said lets GO Packers!

    @wrrebel said:

    I know people on here talk about steelers on HGH

    But why doesnt anyone talk about Clay Matthews on HGH? He is the poster child for it, have you seen the shape of his forhead and Jaw line(overgrowth of facial bone).. It is the most obvious thing to anyone who knows anything about Growth Hormone...

    Also AJ Hawk looks like he is on it also

    That said lets GO Packers!

    If Hawk & Clay Jr are on Roids, it's only because the Steelers set the bar with Roid use and they are trying to keep up. Just as the Raiders & Dallas did back in the late seventies and early eighties.

    Pittsburgh polluted Pro Football.

  • @wrrebel said:

    I know people on here talk about steelers on HGH

    But why doesnt anyone talk about Clay Matthews on HGH? He is the poster child for it, have you seen the shape of his forhead and Jaw line(overgrowth of facial bone).. It is the most obvious thing to anyone who knows anything about Growth Hormone...

    Also AJ Hawk looks like he is on it also

    That said lets GO Packers!

    If Hawk & Clay Jr are on Roids, it's only because the Steelers set the bar with Roid use and they are trying to keep up. Just as the Raiders & Dallas did back in the late seventies and early eighties.

    Pittsburgh polluted Pro Football.

    @atenears said:

    If Hawk & Clay Jr are on Roids, it's only because the Steelers set the bar with Roid use and they are trying to keep up. Just as the Raiders & Dallas did back in the late seventies and early eighties.

    Pittsburgh polluted Pro Football.

    Dont get me wrong, Clay Matthews is my favorite NFC player. I think most players take hgh, there isnt a test for it so why not?

    i agree with you that steelers set the bar..

  • @hoorta said:

    I think the Packers being favored is the all-time sucker bet. I look for betting to be heavy on the Steelers, and the line come down to "pick 'em" by gametime.

    Second, high ankle sprain? The Browns had plenty of them this year, and it's a 4-6 week injury. Pouncey couldn't even put any weight on that leg- or you miss seeing him being handed a pair of crutches? Certainly won't be close to 100% in two weeks.

    Finally regarding the reffing- I only saw two calls I didn't like. Shonn Greene got deliberately cracked helmet to helmet, and no call. (It was called in the Bears- Packers game) Roid Monkey had an iffy late hit on Sanchez when he slid. Didn't affect the outcome of the game, so no real complaints. The Steelers absolutely dominated in the first half.

    Look this is just what Pouncey said after the game. We'll see how he rehabs it and the severity of it still hasnt been revealed. The Shonne Greene hit I still think is bogus just as I thought the Josh Cribbs hit was bogus. They aren't defenseless receivers, they're both dropping their heads for contact. I'm not sure what the hell anyone wants. As far as the "late hit" on sanchez is concerned Harrison was already on his way in and I don't believe he was down by contact. However even more importantly he came down on the ground first and put his arm and side into Sanchez. There was barely any contact. I just wonder when people will stop blaming the refs with Steeler victories. Forget that they're a good team. It's all about the refs. lol

    EDIT: Not 100% directing the above at you. Jets fans, Ravens fans all bitching about the refs. Browns fans the same. However in that same breath there are plenty of Jets fans saying they weren't the better team. I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

    Homotron said:

    I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

    i doubt it.

    the national media was still bringing up the super bowl "win" (cough, cough) against arizona as recently as game time sunday.

    i won't be a hater. you guys got a great team and you rolled over the jets yesterday, congrats. just don't bitch that we bitch. it's in our blood.

  • @hoorta said:

    I think the Packers being favored is the all-time sucker bet. I look for betting to be heavy on the Steelers, and the line come down to "pick 'em" by gametime.

    Second, high ankle sprain? The Browns had plenty of them this year, and it's a 4-6 week injury. Pouncey couldn't even put any weight on that leg- or you miss seeing him being handed a pair of crutches? Certainly won't be close to 100% in two weeks.

    Finally regarding the reffing- I only saw two calls I didn't like. Shonn Greene got deliberately cracked helmet to helmet, and no call. (It was called in the Bears- Packers game) Roid Monkey had an iffy late hit on Sanchez when he slid. Didn't affect the outcome of the game, so no real complaints. The Steelers absolutely dominated in the first half.

    Look this is just what Pouncey said after the game. We'll see how he rehabs it and the severity of it still hasnt been revealed. The Shonne Greene hit I still think is bogus just as I thought the Josh Cribbs hit was bogus. They aren't defenseless receivers, they're both dropping their heads for contact. I'm not sure what the hell anyone wants. As far as the "late hit" on sanchez is concerned Harrison was already on his way in and I don't believe he was down by contact. However even more importantly he came down on the ground first and put his arm and side into Sanchez. There was barely any contact. I just wonder when people will stop blaming the refs with Steeler victories. Forget that they're a good team. It's all about the refs. lol

    EDIT: Not 100% directing the above at you. Jets fans, Ravens fans all bitching about the refs. Browns fans the same. However in that same breath there are plenty of Jets fans saying they weren't the better team. I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

    Homotron said:

    Look this is just what Pouncey said after the game. We'll see how he rehabs it and the severity of it still hasnt been revealed. The Shonne Greene hit I still think is bogus just as I thought the Josh Cribbs hit was bogus. They aren't defenseless receivers, they're both dropping their heads for contact. I'm not sure what the hell anyone wants. As far as the "late hit" on sanchez is concerned Harrison was already on his way in and I don't believe he was down by contact. However even more importantly he came down on the ground first and put his arm and side into Sanchez. There was barely any contact. I just wonder when people will stop blaming the refs with Steeler victories. Forget that they're a good team. It's all about the refs. lol

    EDIT: Not 100% directing the above at you. Jets fans, Ravens fans all bitching about the refs. Browns fans the same. However in that same breath there are plenty of Jets fans saying they weren't the better team. I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

    If that's what Pouncey said after the game, they must have had him doped up on morphine to issue a comment like that- assuming it is a high ankle sprain- let's look at it this way McCoy and Delhomme both had high ankle sprains that kept them out for weeks. And they could put weight on the affected leg when they limped off the field. Pouncey couldn't. I suppose you could conceivably tape the thing up so tight it was immobile and shoot him up with pain killers- but he'd be risking potential surgery- if he isn't already if the ligament is completely torn.

    You weren't following closely. I said the reffing had no bearing on the final outcome of the game.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    The City of Pittsburgh had 5 winning football seasons from 1933-1972.

    Wowee. Anyone want to wager that the expansion Browns have more than 5 winning seasons by 2040?

    The Steelers actually had 8 winning seasons in that 40 year time span, giving them a .200 percentage

    The Browns have 2 winning seasons in the 12 years they've been back, giving them a .167 percentage

    The Steelers of our forefathers were admittedly terrible but by my calculations the Browns are on course for a worse track record. It begs the response "Holmgren sure better know what he's doing and get it done fast."

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    I was asking silverback. You didn even answer the question though.

    Whats to answer...? I was there. It isnt Near what you said ... but Yeah some left after 3rd qrtr. Maybe 20% It happens. Game was Sold out AS THEY ALL ARE. People are People... and some get madder than Others. And they Bolt. In All Honesty I have seen People leave when we are winning too... Every Stadium has that happen.

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    Whats to answer...? I was there. It isnt Near what you said ... but Yeah some left after 3rd qrtr. Maybe 20% It happens. Game was Sold out AS THEY ALL ARE. People are People... and some get madder than Others. And they Bolt. In All Honesty I have seen People leave when we are winning too... Every Stadium has that happen.

    OK, so why then do so many of your ilk berate the fact that it happened to the Browns in the last game of a 5-11 season where the score got totally out of hand?

  • Homotron said:

    Look this is just what Pouncey said after the game. We'll see how he rehabs it and the severity of it still hasnt been revealed. The Shonne Greene hit I still think is bogus just as I thought the Josh Cribbs hit was bogus. They aren't defenseless receivers, they're both dropping their heads for contact. I'm not sure what the hell anyone wants. As far as the "late hit" on sanchez is concerned Harrison was already on his way in and I don't believe he was down by contact. However even more importantly he came down on the ground first and put his arm and side into Sanchez. There was barely any contact. I just wonder when people will stop blaming the refs with Steeler victories. Forget that they're a good team. It's all about the refs. lol

    EDIT: Not 100% directing the above at you. Jets fans, Ravens fans all bitching about the refs. Browns fans the same. However in that same breath there are plenty of Jets fans saying they weren't the better team. I wonder if the Steelers will ever win a important game where someone doesn't claim the refs played a vital role.

    If that's what Pouncey said after the game, they must have had him doped up on morphine to issue a comment like that- assuming it is a high ankle sprain- let's look at it this way McCoy and Delhomme both had high ankle sprains that kept them out for weeks. And they could put weight on the affected leg when they limped off the field. Pouncey couldn't. I suppose you could conceivably tape the thing up so tight it was immobile and shoot him up with pain killers- but he'd be risking potential surgery- if he isn't already if the ligament is completely torn.

    You weren't following closely. I said the reffing had no bearing on the final outcome of the game.

    @hoorta said:

    If that's what Pouncey said after the game, they must have had him doped up on morphine to issue a comment like that- assuming it is a high ankle sprain- let's look at it this way McCoy and Delhomme both had high ankle sprains that kept them out for weeks. And they could put weight on the affected leg when they limped off the field. Pouncey couldn't. I suppose you could conceivably tape the thing up so tight it was immobile and shoot him up with pain killers- but he'd be risking potential surgery- if he isn't already if the ligament is completely torn.

    You weren't following closely. I said the reffing had no bearing on the final outcome of the game.

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

  • @hoorta said:

    If that's what Pouncey said after the game, they must have had him doped up on morphine to issue a comment like that- assuming it is a high ankle sprain- let's look at it this way McCoy and Delhomme both had high ankle sprains that kept them out for weeks. And they could put weight on the affected leg when they limped off the field. Pouncey couldn't. I suppose you could conceivably tape the thing up so tight it was immobile and shoot him up with pain killers- but he'd be risking potential surgery- if he isn't already if the ligament is completely torn.

    You weren't following closely. I said the reffing had no bearing on the final outcome of the game.

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Homotron said:

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Pitt's o line has played pretty well considering all their injuries. I still believe that the Jets were beat down and not as emotionally involved in the trenches from their previous two games, especially the Pats.

    Pouncey is a big loss, although apparently he has been a little overrated this year.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10

    December 30th, 2010 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

    10 Worst Pro Bowl Selections

    1. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers

    No. 23 in our center rankings, Pouncey wasn’t the worst run blocker in the world but had some pretty big struggles in pass protection where he has given up 22 quarterback disruptions. For some reason, with the Steelers offensive line struggling, commentators always found time to lavish praise on Pouncey while ignoring his general play.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10 | ProFootballFocus.com

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Not sure where you got 8 from... but compare the first 12 years not the first 40 years to our 12. That's a really skewed comparison.

    Not saying we wont be at .200 for our first 40 years but I doubt it.

    I understand, thats why I took the average of winning seasons compared to .500 seasons + losing seasons. Not just the number of winning seasons which would be skewed since the Browns have not been back for 40 years yet.

    As for the where I got the info... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

  • @hoorta said:

    If that's what Pouncey said after the game, they must have had him doped up on morphine to issue a comment like that- assuming it is a high ankle sprain- let's look at it this way McCoy and Delhomme both had high ankle sprains that kept them out for weeks. And they could put weight on the affected leg when they limped off the field. Pouncey couldn't. I suppose you could conceivably tape the thing up so tight it was immobile and shoot him up with pain killers- but he'd be risking potential surgery- if he isn't already if the ligament is completely torn.

    You weren't following closely. I said the reffing had no bearing on the final outcome of the game.

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Homotron said:

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Yes the Steelers did fine without Pouncey in the line up.

    RE: what Pouncey said: it isn't similar. Dr. Hoorta knows what a serious leg injury looks like. And it LOOKS like Pouncey has changed his tune to "no comment" as reported on NFL.com, he's gimping around on crutches with a hard cast on his leg. I'd put the odds of him playing in the Super Bowl at about zero.

  • I think you mean "objective" but.............

    The Browns were a successful franchise up until the early 90's? WRONG This is the part where it always gets comical when talking to a young Browns fans.....they actually believe this statement!

    The Browns stopped being a successful franchise in the late 60's and despite their four year streak of winning season in the 80's were a sub .500 team from then until the early 90's you reference, and an even worse team since! Immediately prior to that four year run and immediately following that run they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. with a .313 and .188 winning percentage in 1984 and 1990 respectively.

    I didn't bother to look up the Steeler numbers you posted for two reason:

    1. They are probably wrong as well

    2. More importantly..............it's old news just like the last time the Browns were a solid franchise......it's old news!!

    This is why you have no credibility...at all. You make bald...incorrect statements constantly. Simple facts that can be looked up.

    I interpret "successfull" franchise as one that has winning seasons and makes the playoffs.

    So, here are the facts:

    1946 to 1973 a total of 28 years the Browns had 26 winning seasons, 1 losing season (1957) and 1 .500 season and made 19 playoff appearances.

    For the rest of the 70s, 6 years, the Browns had 2 winning seasons, 1 .500 season and 3 losing seasons, and no playoff appearances.

    For the decade of the 80s, 10 years the Browns had 6 winning seasons, 1 .500 season and 3 losing seasons with 7 playoff appearances.

    So, in the 44 years prior to 1990 the Browns had 34 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons, and 3 .500 season with 26 playoff appearances and 8 championships.

    Prior to 1990 the Browns NEVER had more than 2 losing seasons in a row....and that only happened twice.

    Since the 1990 season, Oh sure, things have been poor. But the statement that the Browns were a successful franchise is absolutely correct.

    (Compare this: beginning in the 1972 season there have been 39 NFL seasons. The Steelers have 30 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons, 2 seasons of .500, 25 playoff appearances and 6 titles. They too have only twice had 2 losing seasons in a row)

  • Homotron said:

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Yes the Steelers did fine without Pouncey in the line up.

    RE: what Pouncey said: it isn't similar. Dr. Hoorta knows what a serious leg injury looks like. And it LOOKS like Pouncey has changed his tune to "no comment" as reported on NFL.com, he's gimping around on crutches with a hard cast on his leg. I'd put the odds of him playing in the Super Bowl at about zero.

    @hoorta said:

    Yes the Steelers did fine without Pouncey in the line up.

    RE: what Pouncey said: it isn't similar. Dr. Hoorta knows what a serious leg injury looks like. And it LOOKS like Pouncey has changed his tune to "no comment" as reported on NFL.com, he's gimping around on crutches with a hard cast on his leg. I'd put the odds of him playing in the Super Bowl at about zero.

    Yea read the same. The hard cast is certainly a bad sign. Sucks but as we both agree Bronco did well in his place.

  • Homotron said:

    He said he had a similar injury on his other leg and it was a week long injury. I'm just going on what the man said. Legursky did just fine when Pouncey went down besides the terrible snap. We still ran all over the Jets and the Jets defense is better than the Packer defense. We lost Pouncey on the first drive.

    Pitt's o line has played pretty well considering all their injuries. I still believe that the Jets were beat down and not as emotionally involved in the trenches from their previous two games, especially the Pats.

    Pouncey is a big loss, although apparently he has been a little overrated this year.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10

    December 30th, 2010 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

    10 Worst Pro Bowl Selections

    1. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers

    No. 23 in our center rankings, Pouncey wasn’t the worst run blocker in the world but had some pretty big struggles in pass protection where he has given up 22 quarterback disruptions. For some reason, with the Steelers offensive line struggling, commentators always found time to lavish praise on Pouncey while ignoring his general play.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10 | ProFootballFocus.com

    @riffer-x said:

    Pitt's o line has played pretty well considering all their injuries. I still believe that the Jets were beat down and not as emotionally involved in the trenches from their previous two games, especially the Pats.

    Pouncey is a big loss, although apparently he has been a little overrated this year.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10

    December 30th, 2010 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

    10 Worst Pro Bowl Selections

    1. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers

    No. 23 in our center rankings, Pouncey wasn’t the worst run blocker in the world but had some pretty big struggles in pass protection where he has given up 22 quarterback disruptions. For some reason, with the Steelers offensive line struggling, commentators always found time to lavish praise on Pouncey while ignoring his general play.

    Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10 | ProFootballFocus.com

    Thought that article was pretty bogus the first time I read it. Pouncey was/is certainly better than the 23 best center in the league this year. Most don't usually put a ton of stock in those articles. The sites that concentrate on o-line grades specifically graded out Pouncey pretty damn well week in and week out.

  • The Packers have a huge fanbase unlike Seattle or Arizona. If the refs were to screw Green Bay like they did those teams, the nation would be in an uproar. Sorry Squeeler fans, but it's highly unlikely you're going to win this one by cheating (other than the HGH that the Squeelers are roided up on).

    But you never know... the Rooney's could write their biggest check yet and still get a huge number of favorable calls like they always do...

  • The Packers have a huge fanbase unlike Seattle or Arizona. If the refs were to screw Green Bay like they did those teams, the nation would be in an uproar. Sorry Squeeler fans, but it's highly unlikely you're going to win this one by cheating (other than the HGH that the Squeelers are roided up on).

    But you never know... the Rooney's could write their biggest check yet and still get a huge number of favorable calls like they always do...

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    The Packers have a huge fanbase unlike Seattle or Arizona. If the refs were to screw Green Bay like they did those teams, the nation would be in an uproar. Sorry Squeeler fans, but it's highly unlikely you're going to win this one by cheating (other than the HGH that the Squeelers are roided up on).

    But you never know... the Rooney's could write their biggest check yet and still get a huge number of favorable calls like they always do...

    Let's go packers...

    But honestly as much as I hate the Steelers I dont beleive in these conspiracy theories. In every game there will be questionable calls. Have the Steelers got some calls sure, but thats a part of football.

    The NFL does better when there is parity.

    Sadly the Steelers have had a good team.

    Lets go Packers!!

  • I think the Refs are being contacted as we speak and being paid off. I know Rodger Goodell is in on this as well as Obama because he appointed Rooney to be the Ambassador to Ireland. The fix is in whether you like it or not. Obama has already called the head of officiating and told them to accept the bribe money since the Bears lost. The fix is in, the money is delivered in suitcases right before kickoff and put in the trunks of the officiating crews' cars. They are sent a text message with the payoff confirmation.

    too bad the Browns can't bribe their way into a Super Bowl. you'd have to make the playoffs first but then once you grease those hands a win is guaranteed.

    I am glad the Steelers have a referee bribing slush fund. I wouldn't watch the game if they didn't.

  • PITTSBURGH native Christina Aguilara to Sing National Anthem at SB~45 ...

    More Karma ?? How bout Steelers Ben Roethlisberger #7 in his 7th Season going for Steelrs SB # 7 !!! ?? THINGS THAT MAKE YA GO hmmmm

    ? I normally doubt and am a wreck during Super Bowls... But Maybe this is anointed ...LOL !! Enjoy Cleveland ...ENJOY !! But MAybe not , hmmmm... 777 !

  • Pumpkin what a TOTAL A@@ you are !! Bitter and Stupid... you embarrass yourself each time you Post !! And NO , IQ does not apply to Bitter Brownie~Fan !! You KNOW You`re a Lifelong Loser when all you do is Bitch and Moan about whats over and done. About stuff that only 5% of anyone even CONSIDERS, to be a possibility. Stay on the High Road Cleveland Fan !! As the Nation looks at You and shakes its head ... Be it Pittsburgh , or LeBron , or whatever else you guys want to cry about. And Believe me the Nation does indeed shake its head. Your Town is fast becoming an embarrassment , and its not because your teams lose , its the Fans and what they do.

  • Sorry douches but it's true. The rest of the nation is pulling for the Packers to win. Anyone who isn't on the inbred Squeeler bandwagon can see how they always seem to get favorable calls and is tired of it. Green Bay has a huge fan base and is not known for cheating, so they are far less hated than the Stoolers. So don't count on the refs being in the Stoolers pocket this time. It still might happen but it's not a given like it has been in every game for the last 6 years. Douchebags.

  • I want to get this T-shirt..

    99162.jpg