Skip to content

NFL Lockout special. Are you ready for the UFL?

The Browns Board
42 17 2.5k
  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by DawgTracker
    #5

    This is their chance to break past the barrier of the NFL. If I enjoy it I might not ever watch another NFL game. Actually, if these morons are stupid enough to have a lockout they deserve to lose their entire fan base and play for Canadian league salaries.

    One thing about it though. There won't be nearly as many lingerie bowl parties because women might not be as interested in the games. The lingerie bowl will be watched primarily in man caves.

    Unfortunately this would make a great pay per view event

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think there is a womens underwear league....really...I might give it a shot.

    There is but I have never seen them on TV. It would be intriguing to see hot chicks in underwear hit each other so hard they break bones though.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    There is but I have never seen them on TV. It would be intriguing to see hot chicks in underwear hit each other so hard they break bones though.

    I don't want to see chicks breaking bones

  • I think there is a womens underwear league....really...I might give it a shot.

    B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @ballpeen said:

    I think there is a womens underwear league....really...I might give it a shot.

    http://www.lflus.com/

    It comes on MTV2 I think

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I'm boycotting unless Joe Germaine is in the mix.

  • L longhorn wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Is it true the lingerie league plays with two balls at a time?

  • Is it true the lingerie league plays with two balls at a time?

    BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @longhorn said:

    Is it true the lingerie league plays with two balls at a time?

    ZIIING!!

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #11

    If there is a lockout, I will be adopting crack cocaine to cure my Cleveland Browns addiction.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    In all seriousness, if there is a lockout, I'll just focus my attention to college football even more. Make a few more games in Gainesville and various other venues.

    On Sundays, golf will become the activity. Once football season starts, I don't golf much on weekends, just weekdays.

    But don't worry, sanity will prevail.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #13

    My opinion, and don't shoot me here just a theory.

    The owners make a ton of money, A TON. The NFL just signed a 2 Billion dollar deal with JUST Monday Night Football. So it's back and forth. People come to see the players play.

    My opinion, I think the owners stance is a general "well what would these boys have if I wasn't here".

  • I think there is a womens underwear league....really...I might give it a shot.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @ballpeen said:

    I think there is a womens underwear league....really...I might give it a shot.

    The Lingerie League. In fact, I think Cleveland is supposed to have a team in that league.

    Nevertheless, I was thinking more in terms of legitimate football.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Aside from the 5 markets they are in now, the UFL is looking at going to maybe an 8 team league. Other cities under consideration apparently include Austin, Birmingham, Columbus, Louisville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Portland, Raleigh-Durham, Salt Lake, San Antonio, and San Jose.

    Though, actually, I would like to give some thought to playing in Canton at Fawcett Stadium in the shadows of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Columbus needs a Pro team of some sort. The NFL offices used to be there. But then I don't think anyone could compete with OSU.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I don't think there will be a lock out. They will probably wait for the 12th hour to get a deal done.

    But what if there was no football next year, how would they handle the draft positions in 2012?

    If they do hold out, we should all start a new sport called baseketball

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I've watched the UFL like I've said before it's not the worst football I've seen. They could use more teams. One in Raleigh would be cool. I don't know if I would watch it as a replacement for the NFL because I love College ball so much. On a Sat. you can watched games from noon until 1 in the morning.

    I've seen that LFL thing too. On MTV2 it shown more like a highlight show with lots of editing I guess because it's pretty bad as far as football goes. Not saying their not hot!!!

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #19

    And that's all I got to say.

  • Columbus needs a Pro team of some sort. The NFL offices used to be there. But then I don't think anyone could compete with OSU.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Columbus needs a Pro team of some sort. The NFL offices used to be there. But then I don't think anyone could compete with OSU.

    UH, the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL? That is their sole entry into major league team sports (unless we want to start counting the MSL as a 5th "Major". Columbus has "The Crew" in that league).

    I do like the BlueJackets jersey logo:

    Columbus-Bluejackets-Logo.gif

  • I don't think there will be a lock out. They will probably wait for the 12th hour to get a deal done.

    But what if there was no football next year, how would they handle the draft positions in 2012?

    If they do hold out, we should all start a new sport called baseketball

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @wrrebel said:

    I don't think there will be a lock out. They will probably wait for the 12th hour to get a deal done.

    But what if there was no football next year, how would they handle the draft positions in 2012?

    If they do hold out, we should all start a new sport called baseketball

    If there were no football in 2011, I am sure the draft positions for this past year would just follow through to the next year. I would be willing to bet however that some kind of NFL season would occur. If the season were truncated they could go to a playoff system like they did in 1982 where they essentially just took the teams with the best 8 records in each conference and put them into the playoffs. Here is what they did:

    Week Day Date Winner/tie Loser/tie PtsW PtsL

    WildCard Sat January 8 boxscore Washington Redskins Detroit Lions 31 7

    WildCard Sat January 8 boxscore Green Bay Packers St. Louis Cardinals 41 16

    WildCard Sat January 8 boxscore Miami Dolphins New England Patriots 28 13

    WildCard Sat January 8 boxscore Los Angeles Raiders Cleveland Browns 27 10

    WildCard Sun January 9 boxscore Dallas Cowboys Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30 17

    WildCard Sun January 9 boxscore San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers 31 28

    WildCard Sun January 9 boxscore New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals 44 17

    WildCard Sun January 9 boxscore Minnesota Vikings Atlanta Falcons 30 24

    Division Sat January 15 boxscore New York Jets @ Los Angeles Raiders 17 14

    Division Sat January 15 boxscore Washington Redskins Minnesota Vikings 21 7

    Division Sun January 16 boxscore Dallas Cowboys Green Bay Packers 37 26

    Division Sun January 16 boxscore Miami Dolphins San Diego Chargers 34 13

    ConfChamp Sat January 22 boxscore Washington Redskins Dallas Cowboys 31 17

    ConfChamp Sun January 23 boxscore Miami Dolphins New York Jets 14 0

    SuperBowl Sun January 30 boxscore Washington Redskins N Miami Dolphins 27 17

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    Columbus needs a Pro team of some sort. The NFL offices used to be there. But then I don't think anyone could compete with OSU.

    UH, the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL? That is their sole entry into major league team sports (unless we want to start counting the MSL as a 5th "Major". Columbus has "The Crew" in that league).

    I do like the BlueJackets jersey logo:

    Columbus-Bluejackets-Logo.gif

    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    UH, the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL? That is their sole entry into major league team sports (unless we want to start counting the MSL as a 5th "Major". Columbus has "The Crew" in that league).

    I do like the BlueJackets jersey logo:

    Columbus-Bluejackets-Logo.gif

    Sorry, meant football.

  • I'm boycotting unless Joe Germaine is in the mix.

    D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @atenears said:

    I'm boycotting unless Joe Germaine is in the mix.

    Are you saying germaine would be playing in the lingerie bowl? Just kidding

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Hey I'd play in it. If I was the only dude.