Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Jim Zorn let go by Ravens

Jim Zorn let go by Ravens

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 8 Posters 2.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • dawgpound3 D
    • 694 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...go-of-jim-zorn/

    I said it before, and I'll say it again, Jim Zorn will be the browns new offensive coordinator.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Wow that was stupid of the Ravens. Flacco only had one bad game this year and managed to slightly imporve in everything other than passing yards which stayed about the same from the year before. Another guy with head coaching experiance who has a record of doing good work with QB's. I would take this guy or the O-Line coach from the Eagles in a heart beat.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      D 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

        Wow that was stupid of the Ravens. Flacco only had one bad game this year and managed to slightly imporve in everything other than passing yards which stayed about the same from the year before. Another guy with head coaching experiance who has a record of doing good work with QB's. I would take this guy or the O-Line coach from the Eagles in a heart beat.

        dawgpound3 D
        • 694 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hillis-iz-Boss said:

        Wow that was stupid of the Ravens. Flacco only had one bad game this year and managed to slightly imporve in everything other than passing yards which stayed about the same from the year before. Another guy with head coaching experiance who has a record of doing good work with QB's. I would take this guy or the O-Line coach from the Eagles in a heart beat.

        It stated on Rotoworld.com that we're not interviewing Juan Castillo(Eagles O-line coach) for offensive coordinator. I think it's gonna be Jim Zorn or Tom Clements, QB coach of the packers.

        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • D dawgpound3

          Hillis-iz-Boss said:

          Wow that was stupid of the Ravens. Flacco only had one bad game this year and managed to slightly imporve in everything other than passing yards which stayed about the same from the year before. Another guy with head coaching experiance who has a record of doing good work with QB's. I would take this guy or the O-Line coach from the Eagles in a heart beat.

          It stated on Rotoworld.com that we're not interviewing Juan Castillo(Eagles O-line coach) for offensive coordinator. I think it's gonna be Jim Zorn or Tom Clements, QB coach of the packers.

          Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
          • 3k Posts
          • 241 Reputation
          Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @dawgpound3 said:

          It stated on Rotoworld.com that we're not interviewing Juan Castillo(Eagles O-line coach) for offensive coordinator. I think it's gonna be Jim Zorn or Tom Clements, QB coach of the packers.

          Still Zorn or Clements would be good additions.

          Ruining threads since 1897.
          D 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

            @dawgpound3 said:

            It stated on Rotoworld.com that we're not interviewing Juan Castillo(Eagles O-line coach) for offensive coordinator. I think it's gonna be Jim Zorn or Tom Clements, QB coach of the packers.

            Still Zorn or Clements would be good additions.

            dawgpound3 D
            • 694 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Hillis-iz-Boss said:

            Still Zorn or Clements would be good additions.

            I agree. Both guys have a good pedigree of developing quarterbacks which is good for Colt Mccoy.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Squintz S
              • 508 Posts
              • 5 Reputation
              S Squintz wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Snt anyone the least bit concerned to hire a guy that's been fired two years in a row?!?i

              CHANGE IS GOOD
              Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S Squintz

                Snt anyone the least bit concerned to hire a guy that's been fired two years in a row?!?i

                Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @squintz said:

                Snt anyone the least bit concerned to hire a guy that's been fired two years in a row?!?i

                Not when one job was head coach and there really wasn't any reason for the second.

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Gips GipsG
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 34 Reputation
                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Zorn never was a good coach he is to old now anyways..

                  We dont need anymore skeletal systems standing on the sideline looking helpless...jauron is more than enough..

                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Clements. I like that. We'll see.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ITHIKA ITHIKAI Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 547 Posts
                      • 21 Reputation
                      ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Mary Kay is tweeting the Browns aren't interested.

                      #Browns not expected to interview Jim Zorn for any offensive position. He was let go as Ravens QB coach 2day.#nfl

                      Slow Ur Role Jabroni!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 301 Reputation
                        VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Zombo said:

                        What's wrong with you?

                        Zombo

                        O

                        Has anyone ever truly been impressed by Zorn? Even as a coordinator he's completely underwhelming. I've never thought highly of him and it's now two organizations that have run him out of town. It comes to a point where a organization NEEDS to hold all their signings/hiring to a higher standard. Jim Zorn is completely "meh" and will always be "meh". Hell I'm not big on Dick J either but he's at least regarded by some as a solid defensive mind. Once again the Ravens unloaded the guy for a reason.

                        AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • CLEVELandMILIDH C
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 52 Reputation
                          C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by CLEVELandMILIDH
                          #12

                          Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco expressed sharp disappointment over the firing of his position coach, Jim Zorn, and labeled the move an "attack" on him after his solid 2010 performance.

                          "I also feel like a little bit like I'm being attacked," Flacco told the Carroll County Times on Saturday. "You fire the quarterback coach. Usually when your fire a position coach, it's because you're not really happy with how that position did. And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games. I felt like I had a pretty good year and you're firing the quarterback coach? It's kind of an attack on me, I feel like."

                          Flacco threw for 3,622 yards and 26 touchdowns with 10 interceptions -- good enough for a career-best 93.6 passer rating that ranked seventh in the NFL -- in 16 regular-season starts for the Ravens.

                          "I'm not happy about it," Flacco added. "They know that I'm not happy about it. It's not news to them. ... I'm not going to be happy about it, for a long time. This year will be what it is. We're going to be successful this year. I would have just liked him to be a part of it. He would have liked to be a part of it. And I think it would have been good for him to be a part of it."

                          Zorn was dismissed Thursday after one season in Baltimore. Upon firing Zorn, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he wanted to expand the role of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. Flacco understands this but said he would have preferred that Zorn stayed, too.

                          The Baltimore Sun reported Thursday that Zorn was fired following a seven-hour meeting with Harbaugh and Cameron. The coaches questioned Flacco's development this season, according to the newspaper's source.

                          Harbaugh on Friday called The Sun's report "inaccurate and unfair to Jim Zorn ... in no way does it describe Jim's relationship with the Ravens, and that includes with his fellow coaches while here and our players.

                          "Jim's departure from the Ravens will remain as private as these matters can be," Harbaugh told The Sun, "but we feel it's necessary to at least point out that this report is inaccurate. It is not true in any way, shape or form."

                          According to the Ravens' official website, Cameron and offensive assistant Craig Ver Steeg will handle the duties previously assigned to Zorn.

                          "I'm disappointed and they know I'm disappointed," Flacco told the Times. "I don't think it was a good decision, and they know that. I expressed that throughout the whole time it was going on, I expressed how much I didn't think it would be good for us. My opinion isn't going to change.

                          "I think Jim was a great coach, I think he was great for our team. I think he was great for me. That's how I feel about it."

                          1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                          Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • C CLEVELandMILIDH

                            Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco expressed sharp disappointment over the firing of his position coach, Jim Zorn, and labeled the move an "attack" on him after his solid 2010 performance.

                            "I also feel like a little bit like I'm being attacked," Flacco told the Carroll County Times on Saturday. "You fire the quarterback coach. Usually when your fire a position coach, it's because you're not really happy with how that position did. And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games. I felt like I had a pretty good year and you're firing the quarterback coach? It's kind of an attack on me, I feel like."

                            Flacco threw for 3,622 yards and 26 touchdowns with 10 interceptions -- good enough for a career-best 93.6 passer rating that ranked seventh in the NFL -- in 16 regular-season starts for the Ravens.

                            "I'm not happy about it," Flacco added. "They know that I'm not happy about it. It's not news to them. ... I'm not going to be happy about it, for a long time. This year will be what it is. We're going to be successful this year. I would have just liked him to be a part of it. He would have liked to be a part of it. And I think it would have been good for him to be a part of it."

                            Zorn was dismissed Thursday after one season in Baltimore. Upon firing Zorn, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he wanted to expand the role of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. Flacco understands this but said he would have preferred that Zorn stayed, too.

                            The Baltimore Sun reported Thursday that Zorn was fired following a seven-hour meeting with Harbaugh and Cameron. The coaches questioned Flacco's development this season, according to the newspaper's source.

                            Harbaugh on Friday called The Sun's report "inaccurate and unfair to Jim Zorn ... in no way does it describe Jim's relationship with the Ravens, and that includes with his fellow coaches while here and our players.

                            "Jim's departure from the Ravens will remain as private as these matters can be," Harbaugh told The Sun, "but we feel it's necessary to at least point out that this report is inaccurate. It is not true in any way, shape or form."

                            According to the Ravens' official website, Cameron and offensive assistant Craig Ver Steeg will handle the duties previously assigned to Zorn.

                            "I'm disappointed and they know I'm disappointed," Flacco told the Times. "I don't think it was a good decision, and they know that. I expressed that throughout the whole time it was going on, I expressed how much I didn't think it would be good for us. My opinion isn't going to change.

                            "I think Jim was a great coach, I think he was great for our team. I think he was great for me. That's how I feel about it."

                            Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 241 Reputation
                            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @clevelandmilidh said:

                            Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco expressed sharp disappointment over the firing of his position coach, Jim Zorn, and labeled the move an "attack" on him after his solid 2010 performance.

                            "I also feel like a little bit like I'm being attacked," Flacco told the Carroll County Times on Saturday. "You fire the quarterback coach. Usually when your fire a position coach, it's because you're not really happy with how that position did. And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games. I felt like I had a pretty good year and you're firing the quarterback coach? It's kind of an attack on me, I feel like."

                            Flacco threw for 3,622 yards and 26 touchdowns with 10 interceptions -- good enough for a career-best 93.6 passer rating that ranked seventh in the NFL -- in 16 regular-season starts for the Ravens.

                            "I'm not happy about it," Flacco added. "They know that I'm not happy about it. It's not news to them. ... I'm not going to be happy about it, for a long time. This year will be what it is. We're going to be successful this year. I would have just liked him to be a part of it. He would have liked to be a part of it. And I think it would have been good for him to be a part of it."

                            Zorn was dismissed Thursday after one season in Baltimore. Upon firing Zorn, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he wanted to expand the role of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. Flacco understands this but said he would have preferred that Zorn stayed, too.

                            The Baltimore Sun reported Thursday that Zorn was fired following a seven-hour meeting with Harbaugh and Cameron. The coaches questioned Flacco's development this season, according to the newspaper's source.

                            Harbaugh on Friday called The Sun's report "inaccurate and unfair to Jim Zorn ... in no way does it describe Jim's relationship with the Ravens, and that includes with his fellow coaches while here and our players.

                            "Jim's departure from the Ravens will remain as private as these matters can be," Harbaugh told The Sun, "but we feel it's necessary to at least point out that this report is inaccurate. It is not true in any way, shape or form."

                            According to the Ravens' official website, Cameron and offensive assistant Craig Ver Steeg will handle the duties previously assigned to Zorn.

                            "I'm disappointed and they know I'm disappointed," Flacco told the Times. "I don't think it was a good decision, and they know that. I expressed that throughout the whole time it was going on, I expressed how much I didn't think it would be good for us. My opinion isn't going to change.

                            "I think Jim was a great coach, I think he was great for our team. I think he was great for me. That's how I feel about it."

                            I don't blame him for being pissed. He clearly did better this year than last year and they get rid of his position coach so the "offensive coordinator can have a larger role in Flacco's development." You can have a larger role without firing a coach.

                            Ruining threads since 1897.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate