I for one hope we Re-Sign Eric Wright
-
OK, I have been a big Eric Wright fan since we got him, and I think that he just had an off year this year. If nothing else he will be a good Nickelback and with the season he had we should get a pretty good deal, especially compared to what he was looking towards getting.
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5 and at least top 10 CB coming into this year. I dont think that you can just decide to let him go based on one bad season. I'm not saying that we gotta go into the offseason not thinking about picking up a CB, cause man would I love Namdi Asomuagha if we could get him, and wouldnt be upset with Prince or Peterson in the draft if we were to go that route. I am just saying he will be great depth or a solid Number 2 if you ask me.
What are you guys thinking we should do with the CB position this offseason?
-
We need to keep him for depth. I too think he just had a bad year but we are thin in the secondary as of now so imo he stays.
-
One bad year is a looooong time considering the average length on an NFL players career is like 3-4 years. It will be hard to swallow this pill. I hear ya about the one bad year and all, but let's look to improve here, the guy cost us some key games.
-
I hope we sign him back and that he Plays in some capacity. However, I never want to see him single covering the other team's number 1 receiver again. With the season that Haden had, that won't be happening any time soon though.
-
Hope we don't sign. He was pathetic.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Think he tanked the season to get out of the Cleveland? He's a big personality guy, probably wants to win now like Braylon.I don't think there is a chance that he did this. What's the going rate on a cornerback that is slow, can't cover and doesn't want to hit?
-
I think we need to keep him. With an upgraded front 7, our DB's will look that much better. I think Wright has the ability to be a decent #2 this year provided our DB's can worry about only having to do their own jobs. We can keep plugging in new CB's and Safeties but why not fix the heart of the problem first so that we can see what we acutally have in the secondary? Having no pass rush can really take it's toll on DB's!
-
He's done maybe not his career but with the Browns. He quit last season.
If your a Manginite and don't think winning is important then yes keep EW.
Don't forget he got beat by a one legged receiver.
-
I don't think the guy gave up during the season, I think he actually tried hard the whole time (based on what he and his teammates said). That said I think the early bad start got to him mentally and he just couldn't get over it and couldn't get better. Bring him back with a one or two year deal only if the price is right, but I can see a team offering him a decent sized contract just because of the demand for average cornerbacks.
-
I wouldn't be getting rid of him unless you knew you had something better to replace him with. Maybe they will draft another CB in the first round, like Prince Amakarmakameleon or somebody.
-
OK, I have been a big Eric Wright fan since we got him, and I think that he just had an off year this year. If nothing else he will be a good Nickelback and with the season he had we should get a pretty good deal, especially compared to what he was looking towards getting.
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5 and at least top 10 CB coming into this year. I dont think that you can just decide to let him go based on one bad season. I'm not saying that we gotta go into the offseason not thinking about picking up a CB, cause man would I love Namdi Asomuagha if we could get him, and wouldnt be upset with Prince or Peterson in the draft if we were to go that route. I am just saying he will be great depth or a solid Number 2 if you ask me.
What are you guys thinking we should do with the CB position this offseason?
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5

-
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5


I heard at least one of the "experts" say it.
And I am not saying we shouldnt try to upgrade, just that he will provide valuable depth come late in the season if, God forbid, someone gets hurt or anything.
-
OK, I have been a big Eric Wright fan since we got him, and I think that he just had an off year this year. If nothing else he will be a good Nickelback and with the season he had we should get a pretty good deal, especially compared to what he was looking towards getting.
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5 and at least top 10 CB coming into this year. I dont think that you can just decide to let him go based on one bad season. I'm not saying that we gotta go into the offseason not thinking about picking up a CB, cause man would I love Namdi Asomuagha if we could get him, and wouldnt be upset with Prince or Peterson in the draft if we were to go that route. I am just saying he will be great depth or a solid Number 2 if you ask me.
What are you guys thinking we should do with the CB position this offseason?
Eric Wright was regarded by some as a top 5 and at least top 10 CB coming into this year.
Not even in the UFL....
-
I honestly think another team will offer him a better deal and he will take it, i wouldnt mind us resigning him because we need the depth at CB and like other people say a great pash rush would help him alot....But i do feel like when its all said and done another team will outbid us for him and he will be gone
-
He was picked on as a starting cb, but as a nickel back, he could be dangerous.
I wonder if he was playing with some kind of lingering rib injury, the way he was
unable to turn and run with wr's like he used to.
Great backup cb.
-
He was picked on as a starting cb, but as a nickel back, he could be dangerous.
I wonder if he was playing with some kind of lingering rib injury, the way he was
unable to turn and run with wr's like he used to.
Great backup cb.
He was picked on as a starting cb, but as a nickel back, he could be dangerous.
I wonder if he was playing with some kind of lingering rib injury, the way he was
unable to turn and run with wr's like he used to.
Great backup cb.
You must have seen a different player then I did. Great backup cb for whom? Not us.
-
Sheldon Brown played half a season with one arm , and still out played EW
He's constantly out of position,reacts too slow and is a pussy...I'll take my chances with Coye Francie...at least he's not afraid to hit
-
After last years draft I stated that the 2010 Defensive backfield (safty's and CB's) could be completely new.
(Brown, Haden, Ward and Asanti)...
Someone on this board slammed me saying; " What was Wright gonna be doin', playing checkers?"
Now it looks like Wright was playing checkers all season and got KINGED quite often....
His problem last year was that he missed assignments and took a lot of bad angles..
With his experience alone he could be a pretty good nickle back--He's just not quick enough to cover the top receivers....
Peace
T.Dawg
-
the browns passing defense was ranked 18th in yards allowed and 20th in points allowed
just like any team, there is always a scapegoat and eric wright is the guy
the entire defense for the browns can play better and eric wright is no different, but hes also one of the better up and comin DBs in the league right now and its not a bad idea to keep him at least as a nickel or dime guy
hes well worth it
lots of teams would love to have a guy like him playing in their secondary
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login