Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Real Fans

Real Fans

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
52 Posts 37 Posters 4.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 39 Reputation
    rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
    #1

    I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

    Personnally I think that is quite dumb

    Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

    Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

    All this says is how dumb fans can be

    Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

    well then root for your rivals to win all the way

    Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

    comments intelligent only

    to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

    Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
    S lodiloboL BrownsBackerB R 4 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 100 Reputation
      ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
      #2

      It would be different if it were the Bengals. Their fans aren't everywhere and aren't as obnoxious. The Steelers in a way have become the Yankees: if you don't love them then you hate them. This isn't college. It isn't good etiquette to root for a team in your conference.

      once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
      R 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Momszer M
        • 101 Posts
        • 7 Reputation
        M Momszer wrote on last edited by Momszer
        #3

        You both are whacked. What difference does it make whether it's college or pro's. So we're supposed to root for Michigan except when they play Ohio State? DONT THINK SO. What happened to I have 31 favorite teams the Browns and anyone who beats the Steelers? That still works for me if the Browns are 16-0 or 0-16. They are and will always be the enemy whether I have friends that are Steeler fans or not.

        And as far as the Big Ten goes, screw everyone else. GO BROWNS and GO BUCKEYES!!!

        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • SuperSteelers SuperSteelersS
          • 190 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          SuperSteelersS SuperSteelers wrote on last edited by
          #4

          rich4eagle, what you are saying makes sense and I understand your point. In a perfect world, that would be the way to go, but if the shoe were on the other foot, I couldn't root for the Browns. Well, maybe if the Browns did it in say the next year or so, yeah, because of the whole Baltimore fiasco, but no other time could I see myself cheering for the Browns in the Super Bowl.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

            I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

            Personnally I think that is quite dumb

            Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

            Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

            All this says is how dumb fans can be

            Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

            well then root for your rivals to win all the way

            Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

            comments intelligent only

            to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

            Speedyd900rr S
            • 823 Posts
            • 10 Reputation
            S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by Speedyd900rr
            #5

            @rich4eagle said:

            I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

            Personnally I think that is quite dumb

            Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

            Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

            All this says is how dumb fans can be

            Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

            well then root for your rivals to win all the way

            Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

            comments intelligent only

            to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

            You claim to like the stoolers just as much as the Browns if not more so in my opinion you will never ever know the first thing about being a "real fan". You can try the stoolers board. I hear they're filled with all kinds of bandwagon fans you would get along great with.

            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • M Momszer

              You both are whacked. What difference does it make whether it's college or pro's. So we're supposed to root for Michigan except when they play Ohio State? DONT THINK SO. What happened to I have 31 favorite teams the Browns and anyone who beats the Steelers? That still works for me if the Browns are 16-0 or 0-16. They are and will always be the enemy whether I have friends that are Steeler fans or not.

              And as far as the Big Ten goes, screw everyone else. GO BROWNS and GO BUCKEYES!!!

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
              #6

              @momszer said:

              You both are whacked. What difference does it make whether it's college or pro's. So we're supposed to root for Michigan except when they play Ohio State? DONT THINK SO. What happened to I have 31 favorite teams the Browns and anyone who beats the Steelers? That still works for me if the Browns are 16-0 or 0-16. They are and will always be the enemy whether I have friends that are Steeler fans or not.

              And as far as the Big Ten goes, screw everyone else. GO BROWNS and GO BUCKEYES!!!

              Exactly- if Michigan were ever playing in the National Championship game, I'd be rooting for them to get blown out.

              EDIT: And Richie-poo, how many Michigan fans were rooting for Ohio State in their National Championship games? Damn few, I'd bet.

              Green Bay hasn't won in awhile, and doesn't have anyone I can't stand playing for them. Can't say that about the Steelers.

              Packers= America's Team.

              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • Gips GipsG
                • 3k Posts
                • 34 Reputation
                GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Real browns fans wont root for the stoolers simply because they are the stoolers..

                I always root AFC unless its the stoolers and in this case i like the packers 100 times better to begin with..

                We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I don't really care for either team. Being a AFC guy and a North member, I won't root against the Steelers. I guess I don't root against anybody for that matter, but if i had to pick one, I guess i will go with the Steelers.....but during the game it can easily swing the other way.

                  I just want a good close game, in which case i will probably root for whoever has the ball last to pull out a last second win.

                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                  hoortaH The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
                    #9

                    I just can't turn my emotions light a light switch.

                    I started rooting for the Browns in 1970, and included in that loyalty is disdain for Pittsburgh, Cincy, & Houston. I'm certain Steeler, Bengal, & Oiler fans felt the same.

                    Nothing has changed for me since then, except Baltimore, Denver, the NY Jets, & New England have been added (yes, I hate the Titans too).

                    I'm hoping Green Bay wins, but I think the Steelers take it, 34-21.

                    Karlis Missed
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • BrownsFan4Evr BrownsFan4EvrB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 618 Posts
                      • 180 Reputation
                      BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      As I stated somewhere else on here, I wouldn't root for the Steelers if they were playing Hitler, Mussolini, and Josef Stalin! HATE is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about the Steelers. I've felt this way for over 30 years.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      ❤
                      Quote Reply
                      • pizzadeliveryguy P
                        • 632 Posts
                        • 15 Reputation
                        P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Outside of the original point of this thread being mind numbingly ignorant, calling people real fans or not always screams of delusion. How much do you have to spend to be a real fan? How and when do you have to root to be a real fan? How much time and energy need to be spent to be considered a real fan? Maybe we need some sort of guide to be written so that we can better understand true fandom.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

                          I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

                          Personnally I think that is quite dumb

                          Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

                          Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

                          All this says is how dumb fans can be

                          Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

                          well then root for your rivals to win all the way

                          Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

                          comments intelligent only

                          to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

                          lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 676 Posts
                          • 249 Reputation
                          lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @rich4eagle said:

                          I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

                          Personnally I think that is quite dumb

                          Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

                          Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

                          All this says is how dumb fans can be

                          Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

                          well then root for your rivals to win all the way

                          Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

                          comments intelligent only

                          to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

                          If you're going to ask for intelligent comments, it's only fair that you post something intelligent. This is crap, and probably the dumbest post I have ever read here.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I would prefer to see the Packers beat the Steelers, but my bottom line is...If the Brown's aren't in it, I really don't give a damn!

                            That's just my preference...we're all different, so I hope you all enjoy the game.

                            Mike

                            IN DORSEY I TRUST
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply
                            • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

                              I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

                              Personnally I think that is quite dumb

                              Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

                              Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

                              All this says is how dumb fans can be

                              Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

                              well then root for your rivals to win all the way

                              Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

                              comments intelligent only

                              to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

                              BrownsBacker BrownsBackerB
                              • 297 Posts
                              • 20 Reputation
                              BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by BrownsBacker
                              #14

                              @rich4eagle said:

                              I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

                              Personnally I think that is quite dumb

                              Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

                              Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

                              All this says is how dumb fans can be

                              Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

                              well then root for your rivals to win all the way

                              Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

                              comments intelligent only

                              to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

                              Man you are such a REAL browns fan for rooting for the steelers it blows my mind!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ohioborn O
                                • 53 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                O ohioborn wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                The only response I have to this post Rich is BULL SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                ❤
                                Quote Reply
                                • DawgTracker D
                                  • 774 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  OK, you convinced me

                                  NOT!

                                  Friends do not let their friends root for the Steelers...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  ❤
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                    I don't really care for either team. Being a AFC guy and a North member, I won't root against the Steelers. I guess I don't root against anybody for that matter, but if i had to pick one, I guess i will go with the Steelers.....but during the game it can easily swing the other way.

                                    I just want a good close game, in which case i will probably root for whoever has the ball last to pull out a last second win.

                                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 20k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @ballpeen said:

                                    I don't really care for either team. Being a AFC guy and a North member, I won't root against the Steelers. I guess I don't root against anybody for that matter, but if i had to pick one, I guess i will go with the Steelers.....but during the game it can easily swing the other way.

                                    I just want a good close game, in which case i will probably root for whoever has the ball last to pull out a last second win.

                                    Well, for all our Steeler trolls that keep parading how great they are (like they have anything to do with the Steelers greatness), I hope they get blown out 50-0. There's always the commercials & halftime, though I'm not into the Black Eyed Peas.

                                    ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                                    ❤
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                                      #18

                                      Let's see, Rich. Do you want us to root for a real NFL football team I respect as such?

                                      Or a bunch of cheap-shotting, women-assaulting, stupid-ass rabid egg-sucking weasels?

                                      You choose your choice, Rich, I'll choose mine - and I'm rooting for the Packers, a real NFL football TEAM.

                                      The only way the egg-sucking weasels will win THIS superbowl, is by once again, taking out the knees or head of the Packers'

                                      quarterback, and the help of the referees. 😠

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      ❤
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Nw220 N
                                        • 1k Posts
                                        • 27 Reputation
                                        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Get The xxxx outta here, Go Green Bay all the way...Will never root for the Steelers same as i will never like the Miami Heat

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        ❤
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • tshirtfan T
                                          • 131 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          T tshirtfan wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Real fans never root for rivals. Seriously.

                                          Did Michigan fans root for OSU in '06 or '07? Did Texas fans root for Oklahoma in '08? Did Oklahoma fans root for Texas in '09? Did Alabama fans root for Auburn in '10?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          ❤
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate