Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Phil Dawson

Phil Dawson

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 10 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
    • 2k Posts
    • 29 Reputation
    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

    AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

    Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

    This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

    SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

    Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
    7 hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ClevelandBigDawg C
      • 571 Posts
      • 8 Reputation
      C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Prolly preseason or something.

      TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • C ClevelandBigDawg

        Prolly preseason or something.

        TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
        • 2k Posts
        • 29 Reputation
        TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @clevelandbigdawg said:

        Prolly preseason or something.

        The broadcast says they claimed him off of waivers from Oakland...did he bounce around teams in the 99 perseason or something?

        It feels like he cheated on us when I see him in a different uniform.

        Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ClevelandBigDawg C
          • 571 Posts
          • 8 Reputation
          C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I noticed that too, but I dont think that NFL.com would fudge up with a player's career stats like that.

          TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C ClevelandBigDawg

            I noticed that too, but I dont think that NFL.com would fudge up with a player's career stats like that.

            TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
            • 2k Posts
            • 29 Reputation
            TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @clevelandbigdawg said:

            I noticed that too, but I dont think that NFL.com would fudge up with a player's career stats like that.

            I had to make a thread...I've never even heard of him playing for another team let alone making a game winning FG for them.

            Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

              Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

              AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

              Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

              This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

              SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

              7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 1k Posts
              • 248 Reputation
              7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @theclevelandsound said:

              Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

              AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

              Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

              This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

              SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

              Phil Dawson came from New England in 1999,also the same year he scored on a fake FG. You guys must be young if you can't remember 1999 when the Browns came back.

              TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 7 7moses7

                @theclevelandsound said:

                Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

                AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

                Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

                This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

                SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

                Phil Dawson came from New England in 1999,also the same year he scored on a fake FG. You guys must be young if you can't remember 1999 when the Browns came back.

                TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                • 2k Posts
                • 29 Reputation
                TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @7moses7 said:

                Phil Dawson came from New England in 1999,also the same year he scored on a fake FG. You guys must be young if you can't remember 1999 when the Browns came back.

                How is this possible? He was with us @ the 1999 Hall of Fame Game.

                Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ClevelandBigDawg C
                  • 571 Posts
                  • 8 Reputation
                  C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  IDK because he didnt kick a field for the Patriots in 1999 the Patriots had this guy named Adam Vineteri kicking for them.

                  I am 20, but I have a shitty memory...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • BrownsBacker BrownsBackerB
                    • 297 Posts
                    • 20 Reputation
                    BrownsBackerB BrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    According to Phil Dawsons wiki page

                    As player:

                    * Oakland Raiders (1998)*

                    * New England Patriots (1998)*

                    * Cleveland Browns (1999-Present)

                    *Offseason and/or practice squad member only

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 14k Posts
                      • 5k Reputation
                      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I wont be surprised if the Stoolers bring Dawson in for a "look see" in light of Suishams performance yesterday...But I doubt they'll pay him the money he wants...My gut says Dallas....

                      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I will say this yet again...we are stupid if we let him go. Reliable placekickers are rare; you have one, you keep him.

                        Karlis Missed
                        The Italian DawgPoundT 1 Reply Last reply
                        ❤
                        Quote Reply
                        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 14k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Zombo said:

                          I agree whole-heartedly.

                          I feel like he is gone ... and I don't understand why.

                          Write the check.

                          Zombo

                          After a decade of perpetual losing...Ask yourself..."would you stay?"

                          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

                            Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

                            AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

                            Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

                            This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

                            SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @theclevelandsound said:

                            Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

                            AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

                            Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

                            This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

                            SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

                            Well, I had to look it up myself. He wasn't drafted by the Browns- and picked up as a FA. Did spend time on the Patriots Practice Squad.

                            Dawson was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Oakland Raiders, who then waived him. He was picked up by the New England Patriots and assigned to the practice squad, but never appeared in a game for them. The Cleveland Browns signed him as a free agent in March 1999, and he has remained with the team ever since (and is the only player left from the 1999 squad). Dawson holds the team record for most consecutive field goals made (27) and most field goals in a game (6). Dawson is currently the 7th most accurate kicker in the NFL. On October 10, 2010, Dawson tied Lou Groza for the Browns' career field-goal record with 234. The two are tied for 35th in NFL history.

                            TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Bob806B Bob806

                              I will say this yet again...we are stupid if we let him go. Reliable placekickers are rare; you have one, you keep him.

                              The Italian DawgPound The Italian DawgPoundT
                              • 478 Posts
                              • 18 Reputation
                              The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @bob806 said:

                              I will say this yet again...we are stupid if we let him go. Reliable placekickers are rare; you have one, you keep him.

                              Exactly.

                              He's a place kicker, for Christ's sake. He can still be reliable for a couple of seasons.

                              All the way from Torino to Cleveland: GO BROWNS!!!!!!!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Nw220 N
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 27 Reputation
                                N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Yeah we seriously need to get Dawson Signed, i mean if we could complain and have Cribbs get a new deal why can we not do the same for Dawson....He is the only member still here from 1999 he deserves a Superbowl Ring in Cleveland

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                ❤
                                Quote Reply
                                • halfsane halfsaneH
                                  • 696 Posts
                                  • 49 Reputation
                                  halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  THIS ^

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • hoortaH hoorta

                                    @theclevelandsound said:

                                    Watch this video its all of Phil Dawsons best moments. There is a fake FG for a TD that I cannot remember happening.

                                    AND THIS IS WHAT IS CONFUSING!!!

                                    Look around the 5 minute mark. Since when did Phil Dawson ever play for the Patriots??????

                                    This clearly says he has only ever been with the Browns: http://www.nfl.com/players/phildawson/profile?id=DAW705989

                                    SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I GO CRAZY!

                                    Well, I had to look it up myself. He wasn't drafted by the Browns- and picked up as a FA. Did spend time on the Patriots Practice Squad.

                                    Dawson was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Oakland Raiders, who then waived him. He was picked up by the New England Patriots and assigned to the practice squad, but never appeared in a game for them. The Cleveland Browns signed him as a free agent in March 1999, and he has remained with the team ever since (and is the only player left from the 1999 squad). Dawson holds the team record for most consecutive field goals made (27) and most field goals in a game (6). Dawson is currently the 7th most accurate kicker in the NFL. On October 10, 2010, Dawson tied Lou Groza for the Browns' career field-goal record with 234. The two are tied for 35th in NFL history.

                                    TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 29 Reputation
                                    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @hoorta said:

                                    He was picked up by the New England Patriots and assigned to the practice squad, but never appeared in a game for them.

                                    It sure as hell looks like he appeared in a game for them from the video I posted.

                                    Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate