Jon Gruden to the Eagles?
-
This has nothing to do with my love for Jon jon.. But I heard the Eagles full back thinks Gruden will take over for Andy Reid
Im sure its a rumor but why would a player even spread this?
This has nothing to do with my love for Jon jon.. But I heard the Eagles full back thinks Gruden will take over for Andy Reid
Im sure its a rumor but why would a player even spread this?
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/...on-gruden-rumor
DALLAS -- At about 2 a.m. this morning, a sportswriter pal of mine asked if I'd heard anything about Jon Gruden replacing Andy Reid as head coach of the Eagles. Apparently while I was hammering out a Troy Polamalu story, there were rumors floating around that Philadelphia was about to make a shocking announcement.
It finally got to the point Monday morning that the Eagles felt the need to release a statement:
"Early this morning we have received several inquiries regarding the rumors regarding Andy Reid and Jon Gruden. This was simply a rumor and there is no basis to it at all. It is simply not true."
The problem is that almost anything seems possible in the aftermath of the Eagles naming their longtime offensive line coach, Juan Castillo, defensive coordinator. But I will say that Gruden to the Eagles seemed like an unbelievable stretch. I'm certain my Eagles beat-writing pals were not amused as they were chasing this thing down at their Dallas headquarters, aka Idle Rich Pub in Uptown.
Jonathan Tamari of the Inquirer believes that former Eagles fullback Kyle Eckel started this rumor on his Facebook page. And really, it just goes to show that you can't trust former Eagles fullbacks on Facebook anymore. Leonard Weaver at least has the good sense to simply post every inspirational thought that pops into his head on Twitter.
I couldn't imagine Weaver planting a rumor as part of a grand social experiment. Perhaps Eckel has too much time on his hands. I'm having trouble recalling his on-field work right now, but he's always been imaginative online.
OK, now I have to get back to reading about how awful my city was this past week. Go in peace.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login