Von Miller?
-
Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
What I am saying is that this year there is alot of good talent early in the draft that we will get to pick from even with the 6th pick. Hell there could be good enough options left at that point that we could trade back to someone who desperately wants one of these guys and we could pick up one of the solid DE/DT's that are suposed to go in the 2nd half of round 1.
-
Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
What I am saying is that this year there is alot of good talent early in the draft that we will get to pick from even with the 6th pick. Hell there could be good enough options left at that point that we could trade back to someone who desperately wants one of these guys and we could pick up one of the solid DE/DT's that are suposed to go in the 2nd half of round 1.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
What I am saying is that this year there is alot of good talent early in the draft that we will get to pick from even with the 6th pick. Hell there could be good enough options left at that point that we could trade back to someone who desperately wants one of these guys and we could pick up one of the solid DE/DT's that are suposed to go in the 2nd half of round 1.Yeah it wouldnt be a dumb thing to do, i would if Green is gone and Fairley and Bowers are off the board as well....Trade back and grab someone like Cameron Jordan or Akeem Ayers,while adding extra picks
-
Well, that, I guess is one of the pitfalls of getting too wrapped up in who the Browns might take with their first pick.
We can spend months debating who they should take at #6 with every potential name being thrown around and advocated, but then on draft day the Browns throw a monkey wrench into those months of jabber by trading down, like they did the year they picked up Alex Mack.
I am pretty sure there was not much discussion about him on these boards before the Browns moved down twice to take him and get extra picks.
So, it could happen again, you never know. I guess that is why I don't usually get overly wrapped up in whom the Browns might pick.
(That, and the fact that the Browns had such a bad run of luck with the guys they did pick makes me gunshy about the draft.)
-
Also, guys who are able to play both linebacking positions usually send up a red flag anyway. Most of the time, if they can play two positions, they can't play either one well.
Also, guys who are able to play both linebacking positions usually send up a red flag anyway. Most of the time, if they can play two positions, they can't play either one well.
What? Where the hell does this derive from? Plenty of the better LB's in the league can play both positions. Position flexibility is a benefit not a detriment.
-
Of course, none of us know OR are well qualified enough to know what the Brown's braintrust is planning, but IMHO, if Fairly, Green or the kid from Clemson are gone, I'm all for trading down. Not only is there a lot of talent available, but we have a GM & FO that KNOW what they're doing. I certainly don't want a "questionable hands" Julio Jones at #6.
The draft will be very interesting, & I don't see us playing the hand we're dealt to this point.
Mike
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
I don't know about that.
Brown was injured, so it's hard to say.
Warren, while he didn't end up another Reggie White has managed to start for 12 years or more....I think he started for the Pats the last year or two, so it's hard to say he isn't any good.
-
Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
I don't know about that.
Brown was injured, so it's hard to say.
Warren, while he didn't end up another Reggie White has managed to start for 12 years or more....I think he started for the Pats the last year or two, so it's hard to say he isn't any good.
I don't know about that.
Brown was injured, so it's hard to say.
Warren, while he didn't end up another Reggie White has managed to start for 12 years or more....I think he started for the Pats the last year or two, so it's hard to say he isn't any good.
Well, maybe the Browns dumping him caused him to have a "come to Jesus" awakening, because he was useless here.
He probably wasn't as talented as we thought he should be, but he didn't play up to even that talent level when he was here.
On Courtney Brown, yes, he was injured, but so many people supposedly in the know also felt that he was the Tin Man. No heart for the game.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.
I agree. Brown was soft, looked tough, great shape, but soft. "Big Money" was a bust big time. Two wasted picks.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login