Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Josh Cribbs

Josh Cribbs

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
14 Posts 8 Posters 1.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • CLEVELandMILIDH C
    • 2k Posts
    • 52 Reputation
    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #1

    By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

    Joshua Cribbs won the Pro Athlete of the Year and Coach Pat Shurmur co-presented the High School Athlete of the Year Award at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards Thursday night.

    CLEVELAND---And the award for Cleveland’s Professional Athlete of the Year goes to….Joshua Cribbs.

    The sixth-year kick returner/wide receiver earned the honor Thursday night at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards ceremony inside the Grand Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in Public Square.

    Cribbs, who won the award over teammate/four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and Cleveland Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, is the National Football League’s all-time leader with eight kickoff return touchdowns. He has scored ten total return touchdowns, gained 7,863 kickoff return yards and 9,172 total return yards. A three-time special teams co-captain, Cribbs was a kick returner on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

    “It means that I’m the right path; it means I’ve done things on and off the field, which is significant of the award, of the achievement,” Cribbs said. “It’s not just your work on the field; it’s being a role model off the field as well.

    “Who I respect most in the game is the fans,” he added. “Without them, it’d be the worst sport in America, but because of them, it’s the best sport in America. This Cleveland fan-base, they’re the best that I’ve seen. I know they’re the best out of everything. I just want to win and basically, I’m the voice of the fans because if they had a voice, they’d say, ‘We just want to win!’”

    Cribbs was not the only Browns representative at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. Browns head coach Pat Shurmur joined Cribbs at the ceremony. Along with former Indians player and manager Mike Hargrove, Shurmur helped present the High School Athlete of the Year to Stetson Allie of St. Edward High School.

    Allie struck out 16 batters in the Eagles’ Division I state championship game and finished the 2010 season with a .500 average at the plate. In 60 innings pitched, Allie struck out 138 batters and earned several postseason accolades. The Pittsburgh Pirates also made him the No. 52 pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft.

    “It’s a great night and I’m honored to be a part of it,” Shurmur said. “There’s so many great people being honored tonight and there’s so many people in the room that make Cleveland sports special. To be a part of it is great. I’m getting that feeling; it’s loud and clear. This is a sports town, always has been and I’m proud to be part of the community.”

    1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
    VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • C CLEVELandMILIDH

      By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

      Joshua Cribbs won the Pro Athlete of the Year and Coach Pat Shurmur co-presented the High School Athlete of the Year Award at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards Thursday night.

      CLEVELAND---And the award for Cleveland’s Professional Athlete of the Year goes to….Joshua Cribbs.

      The sixth-year kick returner/wide receiver earned the honor Thursday night at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards ceremony inside the Grand Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in Public Square.

      Cribbs, who won the award over teammate/four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and Cleveland Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, is the National Football League’s all-time leader with eight kickoff return touchdowns. He has scored ten total return touchdowns, gained 7,863 kickoff return yards and 9,172 total return yards. A three-time special teams co-captain, Cribbs was a kick returner on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

      “It means that I’m the right path; it means I’ve done things on and off the field, which is significant of the award, of the achievement,” Cribbs said. “It’s not just your work on the field; it’s being a role model off the field as well.

      “Who I respect most in the game is the fans,” he added. “Without them, it’d be the worst sport in America, but because of them, it’s the best sport in America. This Cleveland fan-base, they’re the best that I’ve seen. I know they’re the best out of everything. I just want to win and basically, I’m the voice of the fans because if they had a voice, they’d say, ‘We just want to win!’”

      Cribbs was not the only Browns representative at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. Browns head coach Pat Shurmur joined Cribbs at the ceremony. Along with former Indians player and manager Mike Hargrove, Shurmur helped present the High School Athlete of the Year to Stetson Allie of St. Edward High School.

      Allie struck out 16 batters in the Eagles’ Division I state championship game and finished the 2010 season with a .500 average at the plate. In 60 innings pitched, Allie struck out 138 batters and earned several postseason accolades. The Pittsburgh Pirates also made him the No. 52 pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft.

      “It’s a great night and I’m honored to be a part of it,” Shurmur said. “There’s so many great people being honored tonight and there’s so many people in the room that make Cleveland sports special. To be a part of it is great. I’m getting that feeling; it’s loud and clear. This is a sports town, always has been and I’m proud to be part of the community.”

      Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 4k Posts
      • 301 Reputation
      VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @clevelandmilidh said:

      By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

      Joshua Cribbs won the Pro Athlete of the Year and Coach Pat Shurmur co-presented the High School Athlete of the Year Award at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards Thursday night.

      CLEVELAND---And the award for Cleveland’s Professional Athlete of the Year goes to….Joshua Cribbs.

      The sixth-year kick returner/wide receiver earned the honor Thursday night at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards ceremony inside the Grand Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in Public Square.

      Cribbs, who won the award over teammate/four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and Cleveland Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, is the National Football League’s all-time leader with eight kickoff return touchdowns. He has scored ten total return touchdowns, gained 7,863 kickoff return yards and 9,172 total return yards. A three-time special teams co-captain, Cribbs was a kick returner on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

      “It means that I’m the right path; it means I’ve done things on and off the field, which is significant of the award, of the achievement,” Cribbs said. “It’s not just your work on the field; it’s being a role model off the field as well.

      “Who I respect most in the game is the fans,” he added. “Without them, it’d be the worst sport in America, but because of them, it’s the best sport in America. This Cleveland fan-base, they’re the best that I’ve seen. I know they’re the best out of everything. I just want to win and basically, I’m the voice of the fans because if they had a voice, they’d say, ‘We just want to win!’”

      Cribbs was not the only Browns representative at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. Browns head coach Pat Shurmur joined Cribbs at the ceremony. Along with former Indians player and manager Mike Hargrove, Shurmur helped present the High School Athlete of the Year to Stetson Allie of St. Edward High School.

      Allie struck out 16 batters in the Eagles’ Division I state championship game and finished the 2010 season with a .500 average at the plate. In 60 innings pitched, Allie struck out 138 batters and earned several postseason accolades. The Pittsburgh Pirates also made him the No. 52 pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft.

      “It’s a great night and I’m honored to be a part of it,” Shurmur said. “There’s so many great people being honored tonight and there’s so many people in the room that make Cleveland sports special. To be a part of it is great. I’m getting that feeling; it’s loud and clear. This is a sports town, always has been and I’m proud to be part of the community.”

      I like Josh Cribbs and think he's a great returner/athlete. However you know things are going pretty poorly for the city of Cleveland when he nabs athlete of the year after having a pretty poor one all things considered. What did Cribbs even really do this year?

      AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
      S 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • VagitronV Vagitron

        @clevelandmilidh said:

        By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

        Joshua Cribbs won the Pro Athlete of the Year and Coach Pat Shurmur co-presented the High School Athlete of the Year Award at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards Thursday night.

        CLEVELAND---And the award for Cleveland’s Professional Athlete of the Year goes to….Joshua Cribbs.

        The sixth-year kick returner/wide receiver earned the honor Thursday night at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards ceremony inside the Grand Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in Public Square.

        Cribbs, who won the award over teammate/four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and Cleveland Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, is the National Football League’s all-time leader with eight kickoff return touchdowns. He has scored ten total return touchdowns, gained 7,863 kickoff return yards and 9,172 total return yards. A three-time special teams co-captain, Cribbs was a kick returner on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

        “It means that I’m the right path; it means I’ve done things on and off the field, which is significant of the award, of the achievement,” Cribbs said. “It’s not just your work on the field; it’s being a role model off the field as well.

        “Who I respect most in the game is the fans,” he added. “Without them, it’d be the worst sport in America, but because of them, it’s the best sport in America. This Cleveland fan-base, they’re the best that I’ve seen. I know they’re the best out of everything. I just want to win and basically, I’m the voice of the fans because if they had a voice, they’d say, ‘We just want to win!’”

        Cribbs was not the only Browns representative at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. Browns head coach Pat Shurmur joined Cribbs at the ceremony. Along with former Indians player and manager Mike Hargrove, Shurmur helped present the High School Athlete of the Year to Stetson Allie of St. Edward High School.

        Allie struck out 16 batters in the Eagles’ Division I state championship game and finished the 2010 season with a .500 average at the plate. In 60 innings pitched, Allie struck out 138 batters and earned several postseason accolades. The Pittsburgh Pirates also made him the No. 52 pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft.

        “It’s a great night and I’m honored to be a part of it,” Shurmur said. “There’s so many great people being honored tonight and there’s so many people in the room that make Cleveland sports special. To be a part of it is great. I’m getting that feeling; it’s loud and clear. This is a sports town, always has been and I’m proud to be part of the community.”

        I like Josh Cribbs and think he's a great returner/athlete. However you know things are going pretty poorly for the city of Cleveland when he nabs athlete of the year after having a pretty poor one all things considered. What did Cribbs even really do this year?

        Speedyd900rr S
        • 823 Posts
        • 10 Reputation
        S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Homotron said:

        I like Josh Cribbs and think he's a great returner/athlete. However you know things are going pretty poorly for the city of Cleveland when he nabs athlete of the year after having a pretty poor one all things considered. What did Cribbs even really do this year?

        He sat on the sidelines after that illegal hit to the head that gave him a concussion and he also played with 5 dislocated toes.

        S 2 Replies Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • S Speedyd900rr

          Homotron said:

          I like Josh Cribbs and think he's a great returner/athlete. However you know things are going pretty poorly for the city of Cleveland when he nabs athlete of the year after having a pretty poor one all things considered. What did Cribbs even really do this year?

          He sat on the sidelines after that illegal hit to the head that gave him a concussion and he also played with 5 dislocated toes.

          SJ_Browns S
          • 1k Posts
          • 12 Reputation
          S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
          #4

          @speedyd900rr said:

          He sat on the sidelines after that illegal hit to the head that gave him a concussion and he also played with 5 dislocated toes.

          great points, speedy. and he's done alot in the community. he's very charitable and devotes alot of his time working with the youth and other areas of need in ne ohio. it's not just about on the field success (as the article clearly states).

          i'm sure they also took into consideration the fact that the guy was playing through injuries for a large part of the season while having teams kick away from him to take his return game away. it's hard to run or plant your foot when your 5 toes are dislocated and never have the time to properly heal because you're practicing and playing every week.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S Speedyd900rr

            Homotron said:

            I like Josh Cribbs and think he's a great returner/athlete. However you know things are going pretty poorly for the city of Cleveland when he nabs athlete of the year after having a pretty poor one all things considered. What did Cribbs even really do this year?

            He sat on the sidelines after that illegal hit to the head that gave him a concussion and he also played with 5 dislocated toes.

            SJ_Browns S
            • 1k Posts
            • 12 Reputation
            S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @speedyd900rr said:

            He sat on the sidelines after that illegal hit to the head that gave him a concussion and he also played with 5 dislocated toes.

            didn't he have a hamstring injury to?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Speedyd900rr S
              • 823 Posts
              • 10 Reputation
              S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I never heard anything about a hamstring so im not to sure.

              These stooler fans are just used to players who rape and beat females so they wouldn't know a good deed if it smacked them in the face.

              S 1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • S Speedyd900rr

                I never heard anything about a hamstring so im not to sure.

                These stooler fans are just used to players who rape and beat females so they wouldn't know a good deed if it smacked them in the face.

                SJ_Browns S
                • 1k Posts
                • 12 Reputation
                S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @speedyd900rr said:

                I never heard anything about a hamstring so im not to sure.

                i remember the concussion and the dislocated toes. maybe i'm wrong, but i thought he had another inury to? like i said, i could be wrong about that.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  One thing that might play into him winning the award is he gave his whole athletic scholarship that he received back to Kent this fall. I think it was around $200,000.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 96 Reputation
                    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
                    #9

                    huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                    Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                    Harry BuffaloH VagitronV 2 Replies Last reply
                    ❤
                    Quote Reply
                    • sisky fringoS sisky fringo

                      huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                      Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                      Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 241 Reputation
                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @sisky-fringo said:

                      huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                      Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                      Ya he literally gave back all the money the school spent on him and then some. It all went to the football team but he gave back the money and that's only one thing of community service that he has done and I am assuming he does a whole lot.

                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      ❤
                      Quote Reply
                      • sisky fringoS sisky fringo

                        huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                        Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                        Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 301 Reputation
                        VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @sisky-fringo said:

                        huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                        Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                        Very cool BUT a ton of people give back to their alma mater.

                        AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Gips GipsG
                          • 3k Posts
                          • 34 Reputation
                          GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Cribbs is awesome lets just hope he doesnt lose focus on the field as for thomas what a class act this guy is!

                          We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Erie Dawg Erie DawgE
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 74 Reputation
                            Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I like cribbs and all but I personally think there were more deserving athletes this year.

                            Personally w/o hillis we wouldn't have done squat. He was the offense in most games.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • VagitronV Vagitron

                              @sisky-fringo said:

                              huh? you mean he refunded his scholarship from when he attended, like back-paid tuition? who does that??

                              Cribbs never ceases to amaze.

                              Very cool BUT a ton of people give back to their alma mater.

                              Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 241 Reputation
                              Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Homotron said:

                              Very cool BUT a ton of people give back to their alma mater.

                              Ya but the players you see do it are the players who have 50 mil contracts and are making around 5-7 mil a year. Cribbs just got a decent contract (around 6 million for the next 3 years) and alot of it is based on performance so he didn't make as much as people think this year. Before this he was making around less that a mil a year and he still decides to give back his whole scholarship. Good for him.

                              Ruining threads since 1897.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              ❤
                              Quote Reply

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              Theme
                              • System
                              • Light
                              • Dark
                              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Forums
                              • Recent
                              • Popular
                              • Users
                              • Donate