Skip to content

New Format

The Browns Board
69 31 4.8k
  • I don't like it. The BROWNS' colors are BROWN, ORANGE and WHITE.

    These colors look like some freakin IBM subsidiary company's site.

    It's one thing for the IPBOARD to advertise, but this site isn't a Brownsboard site.

    It's awful, colorwise. blech. My guess is, it's a site for some company, that they used

    way, way too much as a clone for a quick Brownsboard site, and did way, way too little

    custom work.

    Or, maybe they aren't finished yet, since it came up just this evening.

    The functionality works really nice.😉

    Blech on the color scheme.😠

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't like it. The BROWNS' colors are BROWN, ORANGE and WHITE.

    These colors look like some freakin IBM subsidiary company's site.

    It's one thing for the IPBOARD to advertise, but this site isn't a Brownsboard site.

    It's awful, colorwise. blech. My guess is, it's a site for some company, that they used

    way, way too much as a clone for a quick Brownsboard site, and did way, way too little

    custom work.

    Or, maybe they aren't finished yet, since it came up just this evening.

    The functionality works really nice.😉

    Blech on the color scheme.😠

    I agree on the color scheme. We need brown and orange. I was commenting on the set up of the site. It's set up very nicely.

  • I would think the color scheme would be a quik fix.

    IMO: Working the bugs out on the new format should come first.

    apple_III_01_full.jpg

  • works alot better on mobile now...thats for damn sure.

    i dig it!

  • works alot better on mobile now...thats for damn sure.

    i dig it!

    @choco said:

    works alot better on mobile now...thats for damn sure.

    i dig it!

    I'm actually not liking the mobile site. I don't like that you can't see who is online or use the new "rep" feature.

  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

  • it's cool. i'm sure when they tweak this and that the site will be better than the previous one.

  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    @admin-0 said:

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    LOL!

  • Gotta admit when i logged in i thought my computer had a virus or something took me a second to actually realize i was on the website,im all for upgrades and hope the site becomes better than before

  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    @admin-0 said:

    Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    Well, if you're tracking your posts, only takes you back to the thread, not to the exact post for follow up.

    Edit, nevermind, I found the direct link to your old stuff....

  • I hope this changes a little bit. Im not a fan but I understand the reasoning. Do I still have the same moderation privileges with this new interface?

    *edit* nevermind, I still do.

  • What, no like button? 😆

  • Works for me......now to figure out some of the features

  • like the fast reply feature

  • Same people & subject matter. The colors will improve. What the heck, let's accept the change as a positive.

    My main fly fishing board has had several major changes over the years....folks complained initially, then lauded the "new look" & functionality as wonderful.

    I have to say that when I opened the site last night, I thought something had gone haywire until I began reading.

    Mike

  • I dig it, just fix the colors!

    .. and give me some rep!

  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    @admin-0 said:

    Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    I guess it will take some getting used to.

  • I too thought something was wrong with my computer or the site or something...but, other than the obvious color problem, I gotta agree that I like it...so far. I haven't checked out the mobile yet...try that later today.

  • True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    ************************************************************************

    Great. Now I want a "I'm Sorry" button. Dammit. GGG

  • True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

    @1-more-season said:

    True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

    I thought you gave up on the Browns and were moving on?