Skip to content

New Format

The Browns Board
69 31 4.8k
  • Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @admin-0 said:

    Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    I guess it will take some getting used to.

  • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I too thought something was wrong with my computer or the site or something...but, other than the obvious color problem, I gotta agree that I like it...so far. I haven't checked out the mobile yet...try that later today.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #22

    True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Guys, relax on the color bashing. We just upgraded to a higher version in order to combat all the spam that our moderators have been battling for the past year. This was to relieve their efforts. I figured that there would be a lot of set-up work still left to do and obviously the color scheme needs re-done (again), but allow us a few days to test drive the new gig and become familiar with it and then we can change the gay color scheme and maybe get everyone all giddy with some brand new smilies or something.

    I have just signed on for the first time to see this, so bear with us.

    We ordered the change, but I figured they would give us some sort of time/date that the change would take place, but it's here and let's see what it can do.

    I don't mind suggestions, just please don't whine about gay shit.

    ************************************************************************

    Great. Now I want a "I'm Sorry" button. Dammit. GGG

  • True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @1-more-season said:

    True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

    I thought you gave up on the Browns and were moving on?

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #25

    For the record, I never whined about anything. I just made a comment about the color scheme. I'm all for anything that makes our mod's lives easier. Especially if it deals with banning Slurp and Burp.

  • @1-more-season said:

    True this new format will take some getting used especially since another forum for a different sport that I frequent used the same layout as the old one. I was prety used to it.

    Now if you could just do something about the content.

    I thought you gave up on the Browns and were moving on?

    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I thought you gave up on the Browns and were moving on?

    I'd like to but old habits are hard. What I had said was I wanted to see something positive or I was done or something like that. Although back to back 5-11's are not positive I do think Holmgren will and is putting together something better.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #27

    The new mobile site is amazing. Never change this. I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

  • The new mobile site is amazing. Never change this. I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    admin 0A admin 0 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The new mobile site is amazing. Never change this. I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    Cool, Thanks for the input!

  • ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Very nice work folks!

    I hope it keeps the spam away for you.

    Looking forward to the new style sheet when it drops, I'm sure it will be classy like the rest of this forum (minus the Steeler fans that is).

  • The new mobile site is amazing. Never change this. I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    no not delta burke but the black ass licker that was on that show.i guess you have no basic design sense as well. and charging $60/hr. for graphic design work is gay too, huh? what did you decorate your trailer walls with, old centerfold spreads of dungeon and dragons magazine?

    i do like the new format..... but ask a graphic designer for some help with the color and art. there are people here that do that for a living.

    til then here's a site that could help you color blind freaks:

    http://kuler.adobe.com/

    if you can't take criticism on your work then crawl back under your rock.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Very good mobile option.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by choco
    #32

    we're on the second day and still a color scheme and "it needs to look pretty" issue?

    you sound like a xxxxing woman....

  • we're on the second day and still a color scheme and "it needs to look pretty" issue?

    you sound like a xxxxing woman....

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @choco said:

    we're on the second day and still a color scheme and "it needs to look pretty" issue?

    you sound like a xxxxing woman....

    what's wrong with some insight? you know how many comps we send to clients everyday for their approval or denial? it's a part of the business. somebody started the thread, i chimed in because someone else got smacked down for mentioning the color scheme and all you little nerds are taking it the wrong way. you should welcome some friendly criticism instead of balking at it. that's why you still have the old banner on the homepage with a fat mangini and other players with the old orange glowing edge effect in photoshop, huh? that's been there a lot longer than two days.

    instead of getting defensive or pissy why not have a contest to see who can do the best banner for the new look browns forum? choco?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Maybe this is a mark in a new Browns era where we are Champions of the Universe!

    No? I tried.

  • For the record, I never whined about anything. I just made a comment about the color scheme. I'm all for anything that makes our mod's lives easier. Especially if it deals with banning Slurp and Burp.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by Cowsrus
    #35

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    For the record, I never whined about anything. I just made a comment about the color scheme. I'm all for anything that makes our mod's lives easier. Especially if it deals with banning Slurp and Burp.

    Well, Slurp and Blurp can go but I like Sigmund. The color scheme is strange a bit but the site now seems to run a bit more smoothly I think anyway.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    no not delta burke but the black ass licker that was on that show.i guess you have no basic design sense as well. and charging $60/hr. for graphic design work is gay too, huh? what did you decorate your trailer walls with, old centerfold spreads of dungeon and dragons magazine?

    i do like the new format..... but ask a graphic designer for some help with the color and art. there are people here that do that for a living.

    til then here's a site that could help you color blind freaks:

    http://kuler.adobe.com/

    if you can't take criticism on your work then crawl back under your rock.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @miktoxic said:

    no not delta burke but the black ass licker that was on that show.i guess you have no basic design sense as well. and charging $60/hr. for graphic design work is gay too, huh? what did you decorate your trailer walls with, old centerfold spreads of dungeon and dragons magazine?

    i do like the new format..... but ask a graphic designer for some help with the color and art. there are people here that do that for a living.

    til then here's a site that could help you color blind freaks:

    http://kuler.adobe.com/

    if you can't take criticism on your work then crawl back under your rock.

    Biggest. Overreaction. Ever.

    I've never seen a person get so butthurt over color.

    By the way, you're a faggot.

  • @choco said:

    we're on the second day and still a color scheme and "it needs to look pretty" issue?

    you sound like a xxxxing woman....

    what's wrong with some insight? you know how many comps we send to clients everyday for their approval or denial? it's a part of the business. somebody started the thread, i chimed in because someone else got smacked down for mentioning the color scheme and all you little nerds are taking it the wrong way. you should welcome some friendly criticism instead of balking at it. that's why you still have the old banner on the homepage with a fat mangini and other players with the old orange glowing edge effect in photoshop, huh? that's been there a lot longer than two days.

    instead of getting defensive or pissy why not have a contest to see who can do the best banner for the new look browns forum? choco?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @miktoxic said:

    what's wrong with some insight? you know how many comps we send to clients everyday for their approval or denial? it's a part of the business. somebody started the thread, i chimed in because someone else got smacked down for mentioning the color scheme and all you little nerds are taking it the wrong way. you should welcome some friendly criticism instead of balking at it. that's why you still have the old banner on the homepage with a fat mangini and other players with the old orange glowing edge effect in photoshop, huh? that's been there a lot longer than two days.

    instead of getting defensive or pissy why not have a contest to see who can do the best banner for the new look browns forum? choco?

    Oh, now it makes sense. You're not butthurt over the color. You're butthurt because nobody gives a xxxx about what you do, when you obviously think it's the greatest occupation in the world.

    Admins, let him make the frontpage before he blows up a post office.

  • @choco said:

    we're on the second day and still a color scheme and "it needs to look pretty" issue?

    you sound like a xxxxing woman....

    what's wrong with some insight? you know how many comps we send to clients everyday for their approval or denial? it's a part of the business. somebody started the thread, i chimed in because someone else got smacked down for mentioning the color scheme and all you little nerds are taking it the wrong way. you should welcome some friendly criticism instead of balking at it. that's why you still have the old banner on the homepage with a fat mangini and other players with the old orange glowing edge effect in photoshop, huh? that's been there a lot longer than two days.

    instead of getting defensive or pissy why not have a contest to see who can do the best banner for the new look browns forum? choco?

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @miktoxic said:

    what's wrong with some insight? you know how many comps we send to clients everyday for their approval or denial? it's a part of the business. somebody started the thread, i chimed in because someone else got smacked down for mentioning the color scheme and all you little nerds are taking it the wrong way. you should welcome some friendly criticism instead of balking at it. that's why you still have the old banner on the homepage with a fat mangini and other players with the old orange glowing edge effect in photoshop, huh? that's been there a lot longer than two days.

    instead of getting defensive or pissy why not have a contest to see who can do the best banner for the new look browns forum? choco?

    Sorry mixtoxic, we've got about 3 hours of constantly-interupted effort into the site since it's been updated. We are trying out a few different orange and brown shades while learning the new style sets.

    Many previous banners were made by members here, in fact almost all in the sites history. We reached out to those who've had a hand in the previous banners to re-do them, and have always been open for help.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I don't even care about the color scheme, I'm not Delta Burke.

    no not delta burke but the black ass licker that was on that show.i guess you have no basic design sense as well. and charging $60/hr. for graphic design work is gay too, huh? what did you decorate your trailer walls with, old centerfold spreads of dungeon and dragons magazine?

    i do like the new format..... but ask a graphic designer for some help with the color and art. there are people here that do that for a living.

    til then here's a site that could help you color blind freaks:

    http://kuler.adobe.com/

    if you can't take criticism on your work then crawl back under your rock.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @miktoxic said:

    no not delta burke but the black ass licker that was on that show.i guess you have no basic design sense as well. and charging $60/hr. for graphic design work is gay too, huh? what did you decorate your trailer walls with, old centerfold spreads of dungeon and dragons magazine?

    i do like the new format..... but ask a graphic designer for some help with the color and art. there are people here that do that for a living.

    til then here's a site that could help you color blind freaks:

    http://kuler.adobe.com/

    if you can't take criticism on your work then crawl back under your rock.

    Yeah, we know there's some guys do web design for a living- and Stan isn't one of them. If you have an idea for a new Home page to get rid of Mangini, have at it. 🙂